Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Wait I thought the pinbar stuff was genuine...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 22, 2009, 12:25pm   #81

Joined Nov 2008
Wait I thought the pinbar stuff was genuine
Skill Leverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 12:26pm   #82
Joined Sep 2004
Ultimately, unless you make stuff restricted access, that's the way these things go I guess. I remember all the hoo ha a few months back about a few of us going over and posting on TradersLab. They had that whole premium membership thing going and I got one of those for free (dunno if they were ever actually able to charge for it),

But barring people like AnnaMaria and her buddies, who had already migrated over there, I didn't find many useful / interesting people to talk to over and above the others who had also come from T2W (wasp etc).

I bet any money if I went to EliteTrader it would be the same story (I'm sure I must have a login somewhere already but I'm damned if I could remember the last time I visited. Would be measured in years I'm guessing). And in any case, I'm not as elitist as all that - I genuinely like helping newbies where I can, provided they genuinely want to learn. And as I don't have a foolproof way of only attracting only those people, and not the gormless scalpers and robot buying retards, we're back to square one.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:30pm   #83

Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill Leverage View Post
Wait I thought the pinbar stuff was genuine
It was done with the best of intentions, I'm sure of that... but lead a horse to water, or a lemming to a cliff...
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 12:32pm   #84

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
And as I don't have a foolproof way of only attracting only those people, and not the gormless scalpers and robot buying retards, we're back to square one.
Who do you think you are, exactly? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the scalpers who caused companies like yours to do their cheeks, while you sat around on T2W. You bitch about the lack of quality, whilst at the same time deliberately alienating a large proportion of the genuine traders on the site. Nice going.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:42pm   #85
Joined Feb 2008
i think the genuine traders are not the ones trying to bend spread betting comanies over for a £1 a point. Any mug following 1 min charts or whatever you want to call them is setting themselves up for an accident. (See cable yesterday after the S&P announcement) and as for people that buy systems well that's your choice.

i for one would like to have a chat about more complex stuff but let's face it 99% of people here are gambling on GBPUSD or FTSE going one direction.
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 12:50pm   #86

Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill Leverage View Post
Who do you think you are, exactly? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the scalpers who caused companies like yours to do their cheeks, while you sat around on T2W. You bitch about the lack of quality, whilst at the same time deliberately alienating a large proportion of the genuine traders on the site. Nice going.
You aren't making yourself look clever, you know...
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 12:51pm   #87

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
i for one would like to have a chat about more complex stuff but let's face it 99% of people here are gambling on GBPUSD or FTSE going one direction.
I would love to discuss such things and learn more from guys like you, but apparently unless you're throwing darts at a board, chucking boatloads of money that isn't yours around the place from an ivory tower, you're too gormless to do so.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:52pm   #88

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
You aren't making yourself look clever, you know...
Not all of us are here to make ourselves look clever.