Should i pay for a course etc etc etc?????

This is a discussion on Should i pay for a course etc etc etc????? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Trader333 Not necessarily, IBs can also give trend continuation and Pins can give reversals as well. Much ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:45am   #31
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
Not necessarily, IBs can also give trend continuation and Pins can give reversals as well. Much of it depends on the confluence of other factors at the point where the IB or Pin is observed (all in my view of course).

Paul
This is a late comment on this subject. I have been trying to incorporate IBs and pins into intraday trading and am sorry to say that it can be wrong more often than right.

There is one factor that has to be correct in the trader's mind. Trend direction. If he is wrong on that, all signals can be disregarded. Be right and all signals will be correct, IM (humble) O.

This may be considered an obvious comment to make but so many traders use chart patterns and signals with complete disregard to underlying trend that I am not surprised that the disappointment rate is so high.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: foredog
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:12am   #32
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph4blu View Post
What I think that each of you should do is stop your lamenting over how bothersome the idiot questions from novices are and for a moment take yourself back to the time that you had just heard the words trader currancy forex... pairs.. profits.. for the very first time and how complex it all seemed..

Although I am sure from your attitude that you were different and made none of the mistakes that all newbies do... No you never asked stupid role your eyes questions ...

Yes right ... and Im the Queen of sHEBA DIDNT U KNOW

Where would any of us be if not for the efforts of a few special individuals who took some time and offered kind compassion while personally coaching consoling conjoling supporting instructing scolding molding jeering and cheering us through times of ignorance and need.

You have an opportunity to affect anothers life in aPositive way, every day.. In an easy way..
Your expertice abilities...your special talents can serve to improve anothers quility of life rather then only serve to improve the size of your wallet or ego.

. So next time .. let it not be an irritant when a novice asks again..."which way to trade "which course is better "etc etc instead find the humor ...smile and for the 100 or 200 th or 1000 th time telll um what they need to know, tell them where they need to go... and help them that are lost to find there way,,, I promise youll also have a better day..

Sincerely:
a poor dumb lost wanna be 4x trader
I left the word "need" out in the rec
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:44pm   #33
Joined Jul 2009
Liking your blog though Foredog! (unless you will start charging $$$ to view ofcourse)

On courses and subscriptions, never tried it. Not my thing either, even should be actually helpfull( which I doubt) I love the individual process you go trough, learning the technique, getting a feel for markets and eventually make a profit. The things you learn on the way cannot be tought in a short timeframe.
Fabrizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:13pm   #34
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I have been trying to incorporate IBs and pins into intraday trading and am sorry to say that it can be wrong more often than right.

There is one factor that has to be correct in the trader's mind. Trend direction. If he is wrong on that, all signals can be disregarded. Be right and all signals will be correct, IM (humble) O.

This may be considered an obvious comment to make but so many traders use chart patterns and signals with complete disregard to underlying trend that I am not surprised that the disappointment rate is so high.
Excellent post mate !!!

Totally true. Overbought /-sold signals / pinbars / IB's etc against the trend are a quick path to the poorhouse.

First you need to define the trend, and then go buy pullbacks by whatever timing method you choose, price action, pin bars, oscillators, whatever, and that'll work just great.

Been around for ages, one of the best and most robust and most profitable methods of trading around since over a hundred years when they called that buying the dips and selling the rips.

Thanks! The following members like this post: neil
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:50pm   #35
Joined Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
If anyone can think of any more good FREE strategies please feel free to post them.
Are you a newbie to this profession?
Any more good free strategies - meaning you found some few useless stuff
that work one day and failed the next day?

You want to make millions from nothing? keep looking and let me know if you find any .
fcta is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:55pm   #36

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcta View Post
Are you a newbie to this profession?
Any more good free strategies - meaning you found some few useless stuff
that work one day and failed the next day?

You want to make millions from nothing? keep looking and let me know if you find any .
Newbies are being scammed every day for thousands on strategies that are poor at best. Foredog started a thread for resources that are free and work.

I have no idea why you are being so rude ... did you have a bad day?
I know Foredog, I would not be calling someone with his experience and background a newbie. On the other hand I have no idea who you are.
elitejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:06pm   #37

Joined Sep 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitejets View Post
Newbies are being scammed every day for thousands on strategies that are poor at best. Foredog started a thread for resources that are free and work.

I know Foredog, I would not be calling someone with his experience and background a newbie. On the other hand I have no idea who you are.
Nicola,
Rudeness comes naturally to fcta as he thinks he is god's messenger on earth.
He thinks prophet means profit. He is based in Namibia and tries to sell his market interpretation of the christian bible to the gullible. In other words he suckers the simple minded.
That disgusts me.
Richard

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:06pm   #38

Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitejets View Post

FCTA is a vendor so he is probably fishing for new victims...errr...customers... but hasn't the wherewithal to be up front and open his own thread.

OOPs...just noticed he is a bible basher...guess I'm in trouble
Attached Thumbnails
gods.jpg  

Last edited by neil; Oct 28, 2009 at 5:12pm.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:40pm   #39
Joined Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
Nicola,
Rudeness comes naturally to fcta as he thinks he is god's messenger on earth.
He thinks prophet means profit. He is based in Namibia and tries to sell his market interpretation of the christian bible to the gullible. In other words he suckers the simple minded.
That disgusts me.
Richard
This is where you are hiding, and you declined my challenge.

On the contrary I am not rude, I am very kind. I only followed foredog's invitation
to see some of the stuff his peddling,
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
No one's mocking your GOD, they are mocking you because you are either trying to sell some sh*t system to people who are deluded enough to think that religion will stop them doing their balls in the market...or....you're mad.
yet he is calling my system Sh*** when he has
very vague knowledge of what my system is all about.

Same goes to the rest members like mr charts . they have been attacking my thread unrelentless since I joined the forum at the beginning of the year. If I say good morning all, it is bad news for them.

Now I visit each person thread to see the system of trade they are actually using that give them such audacity to be commenting on what they know nothing about.
I bet half of them are just promoting wrong stuff.

If they have been successful in the past it was because of it was because the trend then give room for guess work, not actual specualtion.

anyway bye for now
fcta is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:43pm   #40

Joined Sep 2001
Oh, Daniel, I thought you had me on "ignore"

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote