Market Delta

This is a discussion on Market Delta within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; i was just wondering does anyone use or have used market delta, if so what are your thoughts on it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2008, 10:57am   #1
Joined Nov 2007
Market Delta

i was just wondering does anyone use or have used market delta, if so what are your thoughts on it ?
crude_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 11:25am   #2

Joined Sep 2003
I have traded in a room where 3 people used it for most of a year.

At the end they didn't bother anymore because of unreliability and because it didn't provide them a useful advantage. One of the people in the room runs a successful fund, another was a failing trader and I'm not sure about the third. I think the people doing best with MD are the people selling it.

Perhaps it will be different for you although I'd be surprised.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Mathemagician
Old May 12, 2008, 12:05pm   #3
Joined Nov 2007
crude_lover started this thread to be honest i find market profile is good enough for me but a few people suggested it so thought i would get a tiny bit of advice
crude_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 12:11pm   #4

1 Posts
Joined May 2008
can somebody link me up on how to decide wether to buy or sell using forexfactory news
yemmytoba is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 12:36pm   #5
Joined Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by yemmytoba View Post
can somebody link me up on how to decide wether to buy or sell using forexfactory news
No.
dcraig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: stusse
Old May 12, 2008, 12:46pm   #6

Joined Sep 2003
I think the problem (other than a lot of frustration with the platform) was that market delta ends up focusing you on very short timeframe potential advantage whereas most of us get our really useful information from a somewhat longer timeframe. Like your profiles.

So its like watching the dom or the tape ... addictive but not very useful if its not providing the information you need to effectively execute your strategies. The hope was there but the results didn't seem to reach that level.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 3:10pm   #7

Joined Jul 2003
I just was unable to get on with it
and Iput lot of time into it
seems to work well after the fact
hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote