Market Delta

bennie83

Has anyone used Market Delta? If so, have they found it useful, paticularly the volume footprint?

the Transit from VAH to VAL or vice-versa is very powerful

and if price is outside the VA, the H & L can offer strong S&R, rejecting movement into the Transit zone

e.g. price was below the VAL earlier and the first time it tickled the VAL it was rejected and dropped back down a wee bit
but the second time it hit VAL it transitted through to VAH, a profit of 5.5 points (handles) within 2/3 minutes

that's it. job done, $275 per contract in the bank, wrapped up by 9.15 am (US time), go and hit the golf course for the rest of the day ....

Last edited:
btw, if you'd done the MP VA Transit last Friday, which was a Short, you'd have been on your way to the golf course within 15 minutes of the market Open, 7 points ($350) to the good.

I'm not going to go back and show you every day in the past, but believe me, it's a very powerful Play, as long as you use normal risk/money management criteria etc .....

go do your homework .....

I'm not going to go back and show you every day in the past,
go do your homework .....

but here's a clue:

last Thursday, no Trade

the previous day, Weds, 5.5 points made within 45 minutes, about 2 hours after market open

The clue ?
Thursday was no trade, which means that if you're like the majority of new traders, you will get BORED,
switch to something else to fulfill your NEED to gamble,
and soon forget this wonderfully simple set-up as you
FULFILL your inate nihilstic desire to enjoy the pain of punishing yourself by sub-consciously losing and throwing your money away :)

but here's a clue:

last Thursday, no Trade

the previous day, Weds, 5.5 points made within 45 minutes, about 2 hours after market open

The clue ?
Thursday was no trade, which means that if you're like the majority of new traders, you will get BORED,
switch to something else to fulfill your NEED to gamble,
and soon forget this wonderfully simple set-up as you
FULFILL your inate nihilstic desire to enjoy the pain of punishing yourself by sub-consciously losing and throwing your money away :)

Great stuff Rath. So I think I'll give it a go, do you recommend using it with a specific broker? Also, what was VAL & VAH...volume average low & high? I haven't used the software, but the delta indicator looks interesting as well?

here's a snap of a Value Area, shaded in blue between the VAH & VAL.

you got 2 bites of the cherry with this one
(or maybe got stopped out if your brought your Stop to breakeven too quickly)

but it illustrates the point of a nice Transit through the VA

Attachments

• ES 4 mar VAHVAL.jpg
    ES 4 mar VAHVAL.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 284
Have you heard of Tradeguider, it uses volume spread analysis? I wonder if Market Delta is more useful than that software?