Market Delta

This is a discussion on Market Delta within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by hornblower I just was unable to get on with it and Iput lot of time into it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2008, 7:38pm   #8

Joined Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
I just was unable to get on with it
and Iput lot of time into it
seems to work well after the fact
I found this as well

To be honest i think its a great piece of software, but i think its only good for volume analysis, what happens at the bid/offer seems pretty irrelevant in todays markets imo.

I don't use it anymore, i could not use it to make any money, but i'm sure people can and do
Old May 12, 2008, 7:52pm   #9
Joined Nov 2007
crude_lover started this thread to those of you that used it did you use market profile at all before it and if so do you still use market profile despite not using market delta anymore
crude_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 8:15pm   #10

Joined Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crude_lover View Post
to those of you that used it did you use market profile at all before it and if so do you still use market profile despite not using market delta anymore
I looked at it before, and i look at it more so now. I rarely base my trades on it though, just a nice feel for direction ect...
Old May 13, 2008, 12:14am   #11

Joined Sep 2003
I agree with black-star.

My trades are based on price action around support and resistance but I watch market profile and volume profile (there was no readily available volume when he was creating market profile) to give me a strong read on current and developing trend. Not trigger. Context.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 3:22am   #12
Joined Nov 2004
I wrote my own code to produce MD "footprint" type charts. I did not think the footprint style charts are particularly usefull. Which is not to say that the MD itself is useless. In particular, do not fight the delta if looking for reversals and do not fight the trend on a strongly trending day showing consistantly high or low delta.

Here is a link to a post showing interaction of MD with the order book on the DAX.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-s...tml#post419199
dcraig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: nine
Old May 16, 2008, 2:22pm   #13
Joined Jun 2007
I use MD daily, mostly as a substitute for tape reading on contracts like the ES (where the tape is all over the place). I also find it usable for fine tuning sup/res entries, especially on the Stoxx and the Bund.
I should mention I trade purely on price/vol and buy/sell pressure and don't use any other indicators.

If you're looking for a pure mech system, MD is probably not for you. But for gauging buy/sell pressure and capping it's the best out there. I have tried a couple of MD implementations and I currently find fin-alg's MD on Ninja Trader the best price/performance.

Oh, another thing guys, don't run MD with crappy vol data like IB, you will need to invest in at least IQ-feed to make this truly work.
jerry828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 10:45pm   #14

Joined Sep 2003
How long have you been using MD Jerry? And how long before MD were you doing that style of trading? What changed when you used MD?

Note: My friends used Esignal or better data and are discretionary S&R / MP traders.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote