Anyone can learn?

This is a discussion on Anyone can learn? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; So why aren't people learning and doing it? Hyperthetical bit.... Minimum wage couple, bought a house 10 years ago, some ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:59pm   #1
Joined Feb 2007
Anyone can learn?

So why aren't people learning and doing it?

Hyperthetical bit....

Minimum wage couple, bought a house 10 years ago, some equity in it. Both in jobs that suck.

You can see where i'm going with this, right?

Now apparently according to some, trading can be easily learned, you don't have to be born with special talents, you can be from any gene pool and still make it in this business.

Minimum wage workers poo poo all over the 'anyone can trade' theory with one foul and humungous dump.

Last edited by Paul71; Apr 6, 2008 at 1:09pm. Reason: poo!
Paul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:16pm   #2
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul71 View Post
So why aren't people learning and doing it?

Hyperthetical bit....

Minimum wage couple, bought a house 10 years ago, some equity in it. Both in jobs that suck.

You can see where i'm going with this, right?

Now apparently according to some, trading can be easily learned, you don't have to be born with special talents, you can be from any gene pool and still make it in this business.

Minimum wage workers sh*t all over the 'anyone can trade' theory with one foul and humungous dump.
Hi

bit general

Many would not even think it an option I would guess, and would not even be interested given the work involved to overcome perhaps a poor education or failing at that early age in education in the first place.

Are you saying no one comes from minimum wage background and trades in profit then considers trading full time.

Are you saying just because someone earns more or have a job that some perceive as requiring for want of better word, more brains. They must have better genes and be the only traders from a none financial background that stand any chance.

What are you saying

Last edited by black bear; Apr 6, 2008 at 1:18pm. Reason: typo
black bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:22pm   #3
Joined Jan 2007
O" ye and perhaps they can work out its very risky on their own and would involve a hell of a lot of time and commitment that they just cannot give or do not want to give

Perhaps they think its just not worth it because they are happy and getting by

Perhaps they think its a pointless activity and something special people do
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:25pm   #4
Joined Jan 2007
Perhaps they think its no so special and those people have their own head up their asssssssss hole and are wasting their time

Simple really

right are we off to the pub to have some FUN :-)
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:25pm   #5
Joined Feb 2007
Paul71 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by black bear View Post
Hi

bit general

Many would not even think it an option I would guess, and would not even be interested given the work involved to overcome perhaps a poor education or failing at that early age in education in the first place.

Are you saying no one comes from minimum wage background and trades in profit then considers trading full time.

Are you saying just because someone earns more or have a job that some perceive as requiring for want of better word, more brains. They must have better genes and be the only traders from a none financial background that stand any chance.

What are you saying

I'm using minimum wage or low paid people as an example, there is a lot of them, why is this? Surely they are all very talented traders really.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:31pm   #6
Joined Jan 2007
Question How would they no

Quote:
I'm using minimum wage or low paid people as an example, there is a lot of them, why is this? Surely they are all very talented traders really.
paul71

How would they no if they never considered it an option
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:33pm   #7
Joined Feb 2007
Paul71 started this thread So PC society today, no one is to blame, we are all talented, so on and so on. And yet the benefits system is busting at the seams with people trying to get on it? So much for, 'anyone can trade'.

Sunday mornings, eh!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:39pm   #8
Joined Feb 2007
Paul71 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by black bear View Post
paul71

How would they no if they never considered it an option

It takes a natural attribute for trading to consider it.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:43pm   #9
Joined Dec 2004
Anyone can trade. Though clearly the statistics will show that not many will become good at it. But then that's true of anything. Loads of people play football and they certainly can do, but only a very small fraction become professionals. Loads of people start new business. Again, most fail.

The question I can't help asking is why trading is put in some seperate category from other activities. It's really no different. You can make numerous comparissons.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Paul71 , firewalker99
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:49pm   #10
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
So PC society today, no one is to blame, we are all talented, so on and so on. And yet the benefits system is busting at the seams with people trying to get on it? So much for, 'anyone can trade'.

Sunday mornings, eh!
Hi Paul

lol , lads footy kick off an hour

arrrrrrrrr your picking at the edges here

I am just saying most would not consider it an option and perhaps just do not consider it that high a priority in life.

I am assuming you can trade in consistant profit

I am sure if you really applied yourself you could teach another whatever there background to trade in the money with lets say a 5K account if they were willing and keen to learn.

If you think you can not after giving it some thought then what does that say about trading as a whole and your method.
Thanks! The following members like this post: PKFFW