Two moving averages and the macd

This is a discussion on Two moving averages and the macd within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by bootsyjam Just had a quick look at the bund as was long on Friday. Look at the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:25pm   #17
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsyjam View Post
Just had a quick look at the bund as was long on Friday. Look at the 5 min chart and look at about 3.10.and 3.35pm. Price tried to move lower and it couldn't. People were selling.and when it didn't.move lower? Trapped traders. I was helped as I use cumulative delta which showed lots of traders selling at.market price so I had this extra info. You need to have volume info-futures has this. Spot fx doesn't.
Look up cumulative delta. Heavy selling and price is at support and doesn't move lower. What does that tell you. I've just handed you the keys to the mint
Let's not be too fast with mint keys. I implied in my post I was inside the mint already.

Do you suppose bund will have an impact on DAX ?

I trade no limits. So days, weeks, months, years, are all OK.

Suppose there are confirmed shorts in DAX at those locations, should I trade against them ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:03pm   #18
Joined Apr 2016
CNN is reporting "Austria lurches right". I imagine that would be good enough BS to collapse DAX on open.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:09pm   #19
Joined Sep 2006
Well bund and dax are sometimes correlated, sometimes not. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, I would guess that bund might push higher after the Austrian result but I don't really know. I tend to wait to see what price and volume tell me.
bootsyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd , darktone
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:30pm   #20

Joined Nov 2003
live from inside the mint

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by darktone; Oct 15, 2017 at 8:37pm.
darktone is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd , Kaeso
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:43pm   #21
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsyjam View Post
Well bund and dax are sometimes correlated, sometimes not. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, I would guess that bund might push higher after the Austrian result but I don't really know. I tend to wait to see what price and volume tell me.
Fair enough. I didn't know the horizon for your analysis. Looks to be intra-day.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:12pm   #22

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashburn1975 View Post
When using the macd indicator what is the best time frame in terms of using two moving averages on the chart above macd i.e. 6,21, or 50, 100 and so forth?

Whatever moving average time frame you use, should the macd always be kept in the default settings?
Why do you need two Mommas and the MAC daddy?
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:28pm   #23

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
live from inside the mint
I'm Lovin' the barnett looks like he's got an ársehole in the back of his head! (as well as the front)
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: darktone
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:43pm   #24
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Fair enough. I didn't know the horizon for your analysis. Looks to be intra-day.
Yes it is intraday. You can use the same ideas with liquidity pools just past major highs and lows on all assets if you look at a monthly,weekly and daily chart. Monthly and weekly levels only for major highs and lows.
Then drill down to a daily chart. Then an hourly chart once the major high/low has been pierced and the liquidity has been tapped. Wait for a failed 1-2-3 to show trapped traders. Then hang on.

Look at a monthly and weekly gold chart. I was tracking this recently but don't trade it, was watching out of idle interest.Price breached a major high and bam. Like clockwork. Main issue is having the deep pockets as stops have to be wider than intra day trading.
Look at a legal and general chart (uk stock) in the same manner. Price has already done the monthly liquidity trap. Bam. Of course it doesn't work 100% of the time. Nothing does. But you have your trading future using this principle. But you have to wait for a failed 1-2-3 (a cross/recross) to show that there are trapped traders. 30 min/1hoir for really exact entries. 4 hour chart for more confirmation. All you'll ever need.

Prorealtime has a free end of day chart package which is excellent. Have monthly/weekly/daily charts up. Cycle through major markets. Awesome stuff
Trying to remember a current set up but tell.tell you what. You tell me.
bootsyjam is offline   Reply With Quote