Anyone need any help?

This is a discussion on Anyone need any help? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help? Lee...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:07pm   #1
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Anyone need any help?

It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help?

Lee
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:55pm   #2
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
just popped in from the sun m8.
do you think some people need to stop trading?
eg-traded for 10yrs and lost money-keep no records and bury their heads in the sand?
i had a go yrs ago on a 20k account and made a little but found it stressful and life sapping.
i eventually threw in the towel
itspossible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:04pm   #3
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
just popped in from the sun m8.
do you think some people need to stop trading?
eg-traded for 10yrs and lost money-keep no records and bury their heads in the sand?
i had a go yrs ago on a 20k account and made a little but found it stressful and life sapping.
i eventually threw in the towel
Hi mate,

Definitely for some people. Some treat it like gambling and although there are similarities, they are actually worlds apart. If someone has been trying for many years with countless cash down the drain, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a reason to give up. On the contrary, keep trying and never give up on your dreams. Whatever they may be or how hard it seems. Never give up. Having said that, that doesn't mean to say that person has to keep bleeding cash, paper trade instead. And as always keep excellent records.

We learn from our failures.

Lee
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: itspossible , wackypete2 , darktone
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:06pm   #4
 
mike.'s Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
Got some gardening for you Lee if your at a loose end, Im going to make a start anytime now

Never rains when you want it too...
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:12pm   #5
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
Got some gardening for you Lee if your at a loose end, Im going to make a start anytime now

Never rains when you want it too...
Hi Mike,

I'll be over shortly with the drinks. 🍾😀🍻
Get the barbecue going.
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: mike.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:11am   #6
 
kwilo's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Does anybody use/recommend Alpesh Patel's pips predator?
kwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:39am   #7
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi mate,

Definitely for some people. Some treat it like gambling and although there are similarities, they are actually worlds apart. If someone has been trying for many years with countless cash down the drain, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a reason to give up. On the contrary, keep trying and never give up on your dreams. Whatever they may be or how hard it seems. Never give up. Having said that, that doesn't mean to say that person has to keep bleeding cash, paper trade instead. And as always keep excellent records.

We learn from our failures.

Lee
Yes ,I suppose the bucket shops are throwing money at you , for this good work.No harm in earning a honest living.good luck for the great job.

Are you profitable ?Have you any evidence ?Is this a shark baiting new fish?
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:29am   #8
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Yes ,I suppose the bucket shops are throwing money at you , for this good work.No harm in earning a honest living.good luck for the great job.

Are you profitable ?Have you any evidence ?Is this a shark baiting new fish?
Hi Foroom,

Thank you for your reply and welcome to my thread. As is titled I am willing to offer help. If you are in any doubt to my long and continued success with the financial markets then please feel free to do some research on me. You could start with checking out my trading diary. I would however request that you keep on topic and keep it relevant. This is a great forum and a great place for many to come. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

All the best.
Lee
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:32am   #9
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilo View Post
Does anybody use/recommend Alpesh Patel's pips predator?
Hi Kwilo,

Sorry I do not know of these or used them personally.

Regards,
Lee
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:59pm   #10
 
cbrads's Avatar
Joined Mar 2014
Hi Lee, will you join us in the S&P 500 (cash) weekly comp, you've only missed the first week of this quarter.
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:31pm   #11
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Hi Lee, will you join us in the S&P 500 (cash) weekly comp, you've only missed the first week of this quarter.
Hi Cbrads,

Thank you for your kind offer. I see this competition has been going for some time with great success. However, my only competition is me.

Thanks anyway though.

PS: Keep up the good work. The thread has been noticed and not always for the winners.

Lee
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:49pm   #12
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help?

Lee
I do. My question when to take profit wait for the trade to peter out? Should I wait for price to show its hand and reverse somewhat, losing a bit o'profit or get out while trending still and leave something on the table

Can you help ME?
__________________
I said, ‘Mr Stupid, why risk everything on one trade? Why not make your life a pursuit of happiness rather than pain?’
Paul Tudor Jones
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:07pm   #13
 
1 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Hi Lee

Have you ever traded for or on behalf of someone else such as an investor or via a joint venture? Do you think someone like yourself could turn a good profit trading for someone else with say a £250k bank roll or is that too small?

Mark
Mdexparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:01pm   #14
 
Lee Shepherd's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
I do. My question when to take profit wait for the trade to peter out? Should I wait for price to show its hand and reverse somewhat, losing a bit o'profit or get out while trending still and leave something on the table

Can you help ME?
Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee
__________________
Check out Lee Shepherds Trading Diary:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ing-diary.html

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe , IceMan , darktone , Earthling , brewski1984 , wackypete2
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:05pm   #15
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee
YES, thanks! Makes total sense!
__________________
I said, ‘Mr Stupid, why risk everything on one trade? Why not make your life a pursuit of happiness rather than pain?’
Paul Tudor Jones
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)