Anyone need any help?

This is a discussion on Anyone need any help? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Lee, I'm having a lot of trouble convincing Atilla to swap sides and become a fully paid up patriotic ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:58am   #17
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Hi Lee,

I'm having a lot of trouble convincing Atilla to swap sides and become a fully paid up patriotic Brexiteer.

Am I wasting my time or is there still hope?

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: darktone
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:11pm   #18

Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Hi Lee,

I'm having a lot of trouble convincing Atilla to swap sides and become a fully paid up patriotic Brexiteer.

Am I wasting my time or is there still hope?
Hiya mate,

Hope you're keeping well. Its been a long time.

Regarding this brexit thing that everyone's talking about. I'll save that for the pub. From a trading perspective, regardless of the outcome/s, I will be prepared for what I perceive as coming next as and when we do have another recession.

PS: Would be good to here from Atilla at some point. Its great catching up with the oldies on here.

Regards,
Lee
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:26pm   #19

Joined Nov 2003
Hi lee.

Whats your view on stop and market orders?
I only use limit orders these days for everything, getting in getting out win lose or draw. I see it as permanently seeking value. If the market is 10 I wana buy 9 / sell 11.
Good to see you back.

Cheers
D
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:10pm   #20

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
Hi lee.

Whats your view on stop and market orders?
I only use limit orders these days for everything, getting in getting out win lose or draw. I see it as permanently seeking value. If the market is 10 I wana buy 9 / sell 11.
Good to see you back.

Cheers
D
Hi Darktone,

I see you are still contributing well to this great site.

I don't use either of these so am not best placed to comment. I will however use alerts so any relevant movement against or for me can be captured. I will then log in if not already (24 hours a day if need be) and go to a smaller time frame chart (ie, 1,2,5 min etc). That way it allows me to trade in the moment and fingers crossed get the best price on top of my exit. In other words, try and be a bit greedy.

Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I'll post up a screenshot at some point just to keep the blog abreast with what I've done this month. As usual though most of the good stuff has to be removed as certain levels are in play. However, it should give others hope and aspirations that making money consistently from the markets is entirely possible.

Cheers,
Lee
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:42am   #21

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi Darktone, I see you are still contributing well to this great site.
I do what I can
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:29am   #22

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee
i agree that if you take the trade and you are wrong its best to pull out.
Would you ever peel-take partial profits on the move-i felt very comfortable doing that
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:42am   #23

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
i agree that if you take the trade and you are wrong its best to pull out.
Would you ever peel-take partial profits on the move-i felt very comfortable doing that
Morning itspossible,

No, no I wouldn't. When I say have a do or die attitude, I mean it. Regardless of what I think the market is telling me, I will hold out till the end of the trade and trade my plan. Otherwise the markets, news and gut feeling will interfere with my ability to trade and ultimately I will end up losing money over time. All trades and possible outcomes (for which are only 2 - win or lose) are made before I press submit and commit.

Now, obviously I wont trade around any major news breaking that would affect the trade and in the event that something major comes out which I don't understand, I will chop the trade immediately. Although that should always be a rare occurrence. That's the discretionary part, on the main, I will keep the trades going until they pop or get my reward.

PS: I'll post up a screenshot of my monthly trades shortly to my blog.

Regards,
Lee
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:57am   #24
Joined Apr 2017
Lee

Do you post any advance trade calls?

fl
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote