Anyone need any help?

This is a discussion on Anyone need any help? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by kwilo Does anybody use/recommend Alpesh Patel's pips predator? Hi Kwilo, Sorry I do not know of these ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:32am   #9

Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilo View Post
Does anybody use/recommend Alpesh Patel's pips predator?
Hi Kwilo,

Sorry I do not know of these or used them personally.

Regards,
Lee
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:59pm   #10

Joined Mar 2014
Hi Lee, will you join us in the S&P 500 (cash) weekly comp, you've only missed the first week of this quarter.
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:31pm   #11

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Hi Lee, will you join us in the S&P 500 (cash) weekly comp, you've only missed the first week of this quarter.
Hi Cbrads,

Thank you for your kind offer. I see this competition has been going for some time with great success. However, my only competition is me.

Thanks anyway though.

PS: Keep up the good work. The thread has been noticed and not always for the winners.

Lee
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:49pm   #12

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help?

Lee
I do. My question when to take profit wait for the trade to peter out? Should I wait for price to show its hand and reverse somewhat, losing a bit o'profit or get out while trending still and leave something on the table

Can you help ME?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:07pm   #13

1 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Hi Lee

Have you ever traded for or on behalf of someone else such as an investor or via a joint venture? Do you think someone like yourself could turn a good profit trading for someone else with say a £250k bank roll or is that too small?

Mark
Mdexparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:01pm   #14

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
I do. My question when to take profit wait for the trade to peter out? Should I wait for price to show its hand and reverse somewhat, losing a bit o'profit or get out while trending still and leave something on the table

Can you help ME?
Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe , IceMan , darktone , Earthling , brewski1984 , wackypete2
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:05pm   #15

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee
YES, thanks! Makes total sense!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:16am   #16

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdexparts View Post
Hi Lee

Have you ever traded for or on behalf of someone else such as an investor or via a joint venture? Do you think someone like yourself could turn a good profit trading for someone else with say a £250k bank roll or is that too small?

Mark
Hi Mark,

The short and direct answer is no.

There are so many factors to consider including but not limited to tax, legal issues, compliance, red tape, fees and money management on someone else's behalf. Most of the time the vast majority of my money is sat in a segregated account as would an investors. Only a very small portion is actually used for trading, margin and cover against price movement.
However the question you have asked will be commonly thrown at you once your book is showing years on years of fantastic returns.
If you are an investor looking for a home for some of your cash, try a registered and long established hedge fund.

Lee