Anyone need any help?

This is a discussion on Anyone need any help? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by piphoe Hi Lee, I have a Q what "drink" do you prefer? Mainly girlie drinks. I've got ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:30pm   #89

Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
Hi Lee, I have a Q what "drink" do you prefer?
Mainly girlie drinks. I've got a Strongbow Darkfruits on the go (but there are other brands )

I prefer diluted liquor with fruit juices. An umbrella is optional but I love the sparklers and the dancing girls to bring it over.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:17am   #90

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi mate,

Definitely for some people. Some treat it like gambling and although there are similarities, they are actually worlds apart. If someone has been trying for many years with countless cash down the drain, I wouldn't necessarily say that's a reason to give up. On the contrary, keep trying and never give up on your dreams. Whatever they may be or how hard it seems. Never give up.
Having said that, that doesn't mean to say that person has to keep bleeding cash, paper trade instead. And as always keep excellent records.

We learn from our failures.

Lee
Paper trade...but why-you-shouldnt-demo-trade?

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:52pm   #91

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Paper trade...but why-you-shouldnt-demo-trade?
Hiya mate,

I'm not defending my words but I will point out that the very first post clearly explains that I will contradict some of my previous posts. It's also important to note that as traders, we should always be open to change our mindset and adapt. Either we move forward as a forum or when I next come back in possibly another few years, it will be the same people talking b0ll0x and achieving nothing.

It's disappointing to come back after 4 years and still see the same names doing the same things. If we don't change and evolve, our results will remain the same. Therefore if we are still not profitable after many years, give it up. You'll just keep bleeding money and time.

Never give up on your dreams still stand, however, becoming a trader isn't really a dream, for most it's a means to an end - and that being in most cases, to leave their dead end jobs and have freedom and money - or something to focus on during retirement. It's a difficult thing to achieve but well worth it when you're there.

Lee
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:07pm   #92

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
It's disappointing to come back after 4 years and still see the same names doing the same things. If we don't change and evolve, our results will remain the same. Therefore if we are still not profitable after many years, give it up. You'll just keep bleeding money and time.
Basically, traders are born, not made. I agree.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:56pm   #93

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Basically, traders are born, not made. I agree.
And here's the thing, if you said that to me years back I would have argued the point. Thing is though, after all these years of me offering help and giving advice, only those that are destined will make it. It's almost like fate. It's nice and fluffy to believe we can change things, including ourselves, the thing I've come to change my mind on is that I don't think that's possible for certain things. Trading included. So many factors lead a person successfully down this road. It would be akin to me wanting to be a labourer, it ain't gonna happen, I have a body of a boy. 😀

Lee
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:16am   #94
Joined Jan 2017
liquidate my account at 50%

Quote:
It's another sunny afternoon. I'm chilling and catching some rays. As the title says. Anyone need any help?

Lee

Hello,

Does anyone know why do most spread bet brokers close my positions if my account balance falls below 50%. I keep getting margin call or liquidated. Where my good positions are being closed out. I know they say its to save my account from blowing up. But is that the real reason or is it something else where they take my money and leave me with only half my account balance.

Thanks in advance
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:27am   #95
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know why do most spread bet brokers close my positions if my account balance falls below 50%. I keep getting margin call or liquidated. Where my good positions are being closed out. I know they say its to save my account from blowing up. But is that the real reason or is it something else where they take my money and leave me with only half my account balance.

Thanks in advance
They're trying to avoid your account going into negative. 2 reasons why they want to do that, 1. they don't want you as a bad debt or having to chase you to avoid you becoming a bad debt and 2. you may be dealing with a company that has a zero balance rule either imposed themselves or by their regulator so they cut you out of your position to avoid having to credit your account to bring it back to zero.

But why 50%, why don't they wait until you're down to 10% or 20%. This is up to them, its their rules and they can cut you out any time your account has less than 100% of margin needed to maintain your positions. You can reduce margin by placing stops, you can also part close some of your positions yourself rather than waiting for the SB to do it for you.

They will tell you it is your responsibility to maintain full margin at all times.
highbury fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:02am   #96
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by highbury fx View Post
They're trying to avoid your account going into negative. 2 reasons why they want to do that, 1. they don't want you as a bad debt or having to chase you to avoid you becoming a bad debt and 2. you may be dealing with a company that has a zero balance rule either imposed themselves or by their regulator so they cut you out of your position to avoid having to credit your account to bring it back to zero.

But why 50%, why don't they wait until you're down to 10% or 20%. This is up to them, its their rules and they can cut you out any time your account has less than 100% of margin needed to maintain your positions. You can reduce margin by placing stops, you can also part close some of your positions yourself rather than waiting for the SB to do it for you.

They will tell you it is your responsibility to maintain full margin at all times.
Perfect. Thanks very much for explaining that , now that makes more sense. Appreciated Ty sir.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote