Anyone need any help?

This is a discussion on Anyone need any help? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by gtopmafia The dream of first class, are you on the south western line? I currently commute on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:34pm   #151
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtopmafia View Post
The dream of first class, are you on the south western line? I currently commute on that and the stupidity of how busy it is infuriates me. I luckily live near one of the stations before people have to stand to London... Luckily I just bought a flat in SE1 so my commute will be no more when i move!
Essex, Greater anglia. Similar situation to yours

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: awe
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:05pm   #152
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
trading part time alongside full time jobs is a very very demanding schedule.....i did it for many years

However - all i would say to anyone considering moving to full time trading and casting off those chains of employment is this

you are exchanging one stressful an demanding lifestyle for one that is far more testing and brutal......and no guarantees on any positive income at all

i dont care how hard that daily work drudgery is or the travelling and hours ....its a bloody day out at Disney compared to trading for a living and having to make consistent money .....

but you guys are aware of that ...this is just for the others reading the thread

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: itspossible , awe
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:37am   #153
Joined Jun 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi Piphoe,

First of all, don't be confused. Now here's the hard and somewhat controversial part. A trade is always set before you place the trade. The most important part is exit, not entry. Contrary to popular belief. If the entry is wrong or a mistake has been made, chop the trade and take the hit. Now here's the fun part: when you make a trade, stick by it. Do or die attitude. Don't listen to reports, news, your friends or anything else that may sway you. F**k em all. More importantly, don't listen to yourself. You make the trade (your bed), lay in it till the end. In other words, follow your plan through. If it doesn't work, evaluate after the event not during.

Lee
This is deadly do or die attitude. But in very positive side. You might have come from long way. How about your time for loved ones: spouse, kids? Do you manage time for them?
Lary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:24am   #154

Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lary View Post
This is deadly do or die attitude. But in very positive side. You might have come from long way. How about your time for loved ones: spouse, kids? Do you manage time for them?
Hi Lary,

Your question is personal to me and irrelevant to you. Do you have a question relating directly to trading that I might be able to help you with?

Lee

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:33pm   #155
Joined Jun 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
Hi Lary,

Your question is personal to me and irrelevant to you. Do you have a question relating directly to trading that I might be able to help you with?

Lee
I'm sorry for being direct. And it may not be irrelevant. I asked such questions because I'm finding hard time to spend good quality time with loved ones when I've been busy for trading and work. I just wanted to do right with family, especially kids who need daddy to raise them up. I think you may have solution to offer in this.
Thanks.
Lary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:43pm   #156

Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lary View Post
I'm sorry for being direct. And it may not be irrelevant. I asked such questions because I'm finding hard time to spend good quality time with loved ones when I've been busy for trading and work. I just wanted to do right with family, especially kids who need daddy to raise them up. I think you may have solution to offer in this.
Thanks.
Hi Lary,

I don't have a solution to the sacrifices you believe you should or shouldn't make. They are always personal to the individual. Whenever I've tried helping people in this way, they will always shoot me down with excuses - well, I say shoot me down, I don't give a f**k. Its their life, they will do as they please. A lot of people listen but very few act.

I will however say this about my own personal situation though: I have made many sacrifices along the way, including working some dog sh1t hours and eating basic food and drinking water. This helped prevent me from spending money and I had no choice but to save, and save hard - It also concentrated the mind. I also sacrificed a lot of time with loved ones and friends and I have been known to shut myself away for lengthy periods of time. I can still do that today and am used to solitary conditions - I just need a laptop, my phone, internet and a very small room to operate from. However, this has allowed me to now have the freedom and time to do as I wish, and of course the money which in turn allows me to spend quality time but also fun times with those I choose.

It's important to note that one does not need money to have a great time, but I will say this. It bl00dy well helps. We're in the 21st century, not the jungle. money makes things happen, buys good healthy food, gets swift medical attention and much attractions and shopping as one can fit in as well as not being tied to a 9-5 working for others for over half our waking life.

Let me know if you have anything trading related I can help with.

Lee

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:38pm   #157

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2018
Hi Lee,

I need trading related help - or rather pre-trading related help. Swing trading US stocks is my style, which I did in a small but regular way perhaps 10 years ago, then I got busy with work, family etc. I've got my time back now and though I have no wish to trade full-time, I want to hone my trading skills, and make some additional income doing something I enjoy and that really interests me to supplement what I have already.

I like to do my research over the weekends so I can take my time without the markets being a voice in my head, and I understand the value of planning the trade and sticking to the plan. What I'm having difficulty with is finding really easy to understand sites that I can use to do my fundamentals research. I used to use smartmoney.com and from there I could see earnings Q by Q, insider deals, in-sector comparisons as well as the usual breakdown of financials. Smartmoney seems to have been subsumed into MarketWatch and I find their info takes a lot more time to interrogate and digest. Do you have any suggestions for sites I could use?
MrsMac is offline   Reply With Quote