What are the types of analysis need to do in Forex Trading?

This is a discussion on What are the types of analysis need to do in Forex Trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; What are the types of analysis need to do in Forex Trading?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:12pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2016

johndvd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:04pm   #2

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndvd122 View Post
Psychoanalysis.

That's about it.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:35am   #3

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
fundamental and technical, both analysis are required to trade in forex efficiently..
nikita sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:43am   #4
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita sharma View Post
fundamental and technical, both analysis are required to trade in forex efficiently..
Both are not required. You can trade fundamentally without any technical analysis
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:28am   #5
Joined Nov 2014
I agree with db, psychoanalysis is a good idea but strictly follow your system can give better results in term of therapy.......

Apart from the above I suggest you only focus on technicality, here fundamentals are already embedded. Of course you need to be aware daily of the upcoming releases and monitor how prices react/non react to the major releases.

I would not recommend trading forex on a smaller time frame than 60m, if you trade the 60m I suggest you draw your TA on the 240m.

Yes you can still trade forex on smaller TF but technicality are less reliable in my opinion. Good trades are made on larger swings.

Last edited by Fugazsy; Nov 15, 2016 at 10:33am.
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:07pm   #6
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
I suggest you only focus on technicality, here fundamentals are already embedded. Of course you need to be aware daily of the upcoming releases and monitor how prices react.
I couldn't disagree more with this statement and I'll even give you an example where I took a fundamental position against the technical setup. Usdjpy was in a major downtrend with technical attributes to a break out pending. On this forum and others (which I browse but never participate), technical traders were all talking of a breakout. Fundamentally, a change was taking place in the months leading to August where subsequent data points tipped sentiment.

Nobody trading technically could have seen this because technically analysis requires historical prints for future predictions. I was long while all technical traders were either sidelined or setting orders for a breakout South. The only context which charts align with fundamentals is when an established trend is in place, not turning points. You could argue that you don't need to catch all of it to make money which is true. I would however argue less risk trading fundamentally and more profit potential. So both strategies work but one is superior to the other.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:30pm   #7

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post

Nobody trading technically could have seen this because technically analysis requires historical prints for future predictions. I was long while all technical traders were either sidelined or setting orders for a breakout South. The only context which charts align with fundamentals is when an established trend is in place, not turning points. You could argue that you don't need to catch all of it to make money which is true. I would however argue less risk trading fundamentally and more profit potential. So both strategies work but one is superior to the other.
Depends on the "if-then". That someone is trading "technically" doesn't mean that they're any good at it. There's no particular reason why fundamentals and technicals can't align at turning points as well as in trends.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:42pm   #8
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Depends on the "if-then". That someone is trading "technically" doesn't mean that they're any good at it. There's no particular reason why fundamentals and technicals can't align at turning points as well as in trends.
Nothing wrong with mixing them. However, to say that you don't need fundamental analysis because the charts already show it is incorrect.