Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by DionysusToast Talking Forex is good if you trade indices or forex. Just scheduled news and news that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:58am   #25

Joined Mar 2011
Re: Bloomberg Terminal

Doomberg started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Talking Forex is good if you trade indices or forex. Just scheduled news and news that has macro-economic impact.

Fly on the Wall is good if you trade stocks. It will drive you crazy if you are trading indices as they talk all the time.
Thats just made my day as 75% of my trades are Indicies, it says forex but does it have an Indicies section or is it just basically if it said something like "Important USA news" it would obviously have meaning for Indicies as well as forex, do you use them?
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:09am   #26
Joined Oct 2011

Live news feed....One more complexity to mess up yer mind.
It's already hard enough.
Back in my early days, the news broke that an Aussie bank had made some obscene profit and I thought my options would scream into the money.
Well by midday the shares had tanked substantially enough that my options were worthless.
But I learn't...... boy oh boy, you learn.

"Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon.
I found it one of the hardest things to learn."
- Jesse Livermore
MoonRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:19am   #27

Joined Nov 2007

I'm concerned that i'd be too lazy to cancel and constantly paying 20 every month. I'll try find out more about it in the next few days.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:28am   #28

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
I'm concerned that i'd be too lazy to cancel and constantly paying 20 every month. I'll try find out more about it in the next few days.
I've just signed and it looks good, it even has this type of alerts on all pairs:

AUD/NZD trades in close proximity to it's 20DMA line of 1.3165
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:34am   #29
Joined May 2006

Quote:
If you have an capitalspreads account this services is free of charge, Trading tools | Capital Spreads
brasil2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:36am   #30

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomberg View Post
I've just signed and it looks good, it even has this type of alerts on all pairs:

AUD/NZD trades in close proximity to it's 20DMA line of 1.3165
Oh I don't care about that stuff. Can you filter out FX only news so you don't get the indices stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasil2000 View Post
If you have an capitalspreads account this services is free of charge, Trading tools | Capital Spreads
I learnt my lesson with them, but I do still have an account I think.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:39am   #31

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Oh I don't care about that stuff. Can you filter out FX only news so you don't get the indices stuff?
As far as i'm aware i've only seen Forex stuff, but a lot of it is relevant by nature anyway to indicies
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:40am   #32

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasil2000 View Post
I'd be wary of any info given to me by a SB company tbh, especially when they win from your losses