Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Masquerade Oh I don't care about that stuff. Can you filter out FX only news so you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:39am   #31

Joined Mar 2011
Re: Bloomberg Terminal

Doomberg started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Oh I don't care about that stuff. Can you filter out FX only news so you don't get the indices stuff?
As far as i'm aware i've only seen Forex stuff, but a lot of it is relevant by nature anyway to indicies
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:40am   #32

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasil2000 View Post
If you have an capitalspreads account this services is free of charge, Trading tools | Capital Spreads
I'd be wary of any info given to me by a SB company tbh, especially when they win from your losses
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:21am   #33
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomberg View Post
I'd be wary of any info given to me by a SB company tbh, especially when they win from your losses
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:12pm   #34
Joined May 2006

Quote:
Talking-forex.com is owned by ransquawk.com not capitalspreads,I have an account with capitalspread but I don't trade with them.

Last edited by brasil2000; Dec 16, 2011 at 6:20pm.
brasil2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:54pm   #35
Joined Oct 2008

Think i'll be using Talking Forex in the new year.

I don't try and predict fundamentals unless it's obvious and even then would enter cautiously. An example the last round of QE by the BOE was a give away with all the rhetoric prior to the event.

I like to know what the fundamental prints though to gauge how far it will move price in a direction. And with a paid service you get to hear everything in one place when it happens without searching for it on the internet.

Anyone use Talking Forex?
neil324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:26pm   #36

Joined Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasil2000 View Post
Talking-forex.com is owned by ransquawk.com not capitalspreads,I have an account with capitalspread but I don't trade with them.
I didn't once sat Talking Forex was owned by CS, i said that i wouldn't use CS's own data that someone mentioned
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:56pm   #37

2 Posts
Joined May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil324 View Post
Think i'll be using Talking Forex in the new year.

I don't try and predict fundamentals unless it's obvious and even then would enter cautiously. An example the last round of QE by the BOE was a give away with all the rhetoric prior to the event.

I like to know what the fundamental prints though to gauge how far it will move price in a direction. And with a paid service you get to hear everything in one place when it happens without searching for it on the internet.

Anyone use Talking Forex?
I have a Ransquawk and a Talking-Forex account. The voice is the same person, but there are more headlines on Ransquawk (it contains the same headlines as TF plus additional ones).
apult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:50pm   #38

Joined Oct 2008

bloomberg is amazing. end of. but you need to be able to justify the price.

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:57pm   #39

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

Quote:
I'll have more time for trading in the New Year and i'm looking for the best option on getting up to date news etc. Currently i just have the times of any important news releases that may effect the markets i trade and set alarms so i know to be out of the market at these time. What would a Bloomberg terminal offer to a day trader, and what benefits would it have?
Hi,

I am canceling my account at Bloomberg (which I have from 2007). According to my agreement with Bloomberg, I have an obligation to continue paying Bloomberg till the end of the agreement. They told me that if I Bring someone that will replace me, I will not have to pay them till the end of agreement. So, If you need Bloomberg Terminal, I will be happy to make a financial arrangement with you.

My mail: ddcv100@gmail.com
Kind regards,
Dov
DRAB is offline   Reply With Quote