How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

This is a discussion on How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by pboyles Now they have banned him on FF. I'm amazed it took so long, they seam to ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:36am   #46
Joined Apr 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Now they have banned him on FF.
I'm amazed it took so long, they seam to be getting very complacent over there.
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:03pm   #47
Joined Mar 2011
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

I wonder what the real reason is for moving the thread and banning him?
gdr3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:15pm   #48
Joined Oct 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdr3k View Post
I wonder what the real reason is for moving the thread and banning him?
They are trying to bury the bad news. You'll see those videos disappear off YouTube soon.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:01pm   #49
 
Doomberg's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt


Looks pretty easy
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:49am   #50
 
1 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Use only ECN and DMA brokers, and you should be safe.
EVERY market maker broker will rip you some money, sooner or later, even the ones with the better reputation, this is a mathematical consequence of being a market maker.

Best MT4 ECN/DMA brokers right now are finfx, pepperstone, divisa capital, axytrader... and others that I don't know yet.
jagui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:33am   #51
Joined Oct 2008
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Any new link to the vid, seems to have been pulled down already.
neil324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:50am   #52
Joined Sep 2008
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil324 View Post
Any new link to the vid, seems to have been pulled down already.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post1749222

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:55am   #53
 
p-lab's Avatar
Joined Jan 2009
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

The lot has been pulled - Did you get a copy Doom? or anyone else for that matter
__________________
'Common patterns transcend individual market behaviour. For example, bond prices have a lot in common with the way cockroaches crawl up and down a wall. Unfortunately for cockroach followers, there is usually no one around to take the other side of a trade'. - Ed Seykota / Market Wizards
p-lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:20am   #54
Joined Oct 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-lab View Post
The lot has been pulled - Did you get a copy Doom? or anyone else for that matter
I have a copy, I think Lightning McQueen may have a copy too.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:29am   #55
Joined Oct 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Tried to upload one of the videos got this error message, its just under 10mb

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:17am   #56
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

if they've gone copyright on the vids then that's the end of that i'm afraid. yes i have the vids as a direct download from the tube, in flv format, less than 5 mb per file. though i'll not attempt to upload here, for obveous site copyright violation issues. and don't ask for them to be emailed either cos i wont do it, again for same obveous reasons.

i'm guessing the threads might not last long now, babypips look to have removed? only us, forex peace army and the binned ff discussions look to have survived a night of the long knives. chin up lads and be careful out there
__________________

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Dec 17, 2011 at 10:29am.
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:58am   #57
Joined Oct 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

I think that's the standard excuse to get something pulled off YouTube. There's thousands of MT4 videos on YouTube from various users or trainers and their copyright is never challenged. Perhaps if the guy challenges it they will reinstate them. I mean it's like an activist putting up a video of the Syrian army killing protesters and Assad claiming copyright because his army is shown in the video.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:05pm   #58
Joined Oct 2006
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
if they've gone copyright on the vids then that's the end of that i'm afraid. yes i have the vids as a direct download from the tube, in flv format, less than 5 mb per file. though i'll not attempt to upload here, for obveous site copyright violation issues. and don't ask for them to be emailed either cos i wont do it, again for same obveous reasons.

i'm guessing the threads might not last long now, babypips look to have removed? only us, forex peace army and the binned ff discussions look to have survived a night of the long knives. chin up lads and be careful out there
The videos are evidence of fraud, if they were to be destroyed I think it would be considered perverting the course of justice. I shall be keeping my copies very safe.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:12pm   #59
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
I think that's the standard excuse to get something pulled off YouTube. There's thousands of MT4 videos on YouTube from various users or trainers and their copyright is never challenged. Perhaps if the guy challenges it they will reinstate them. I mean it's like an activist putting up a video of the Syrian army killing protesters and Assad claiming copyright because his army is shown in the video.
yes, agreed, i thought it a bit odd too that all the other mt4 vids are deemed ok copyright wise. if it was me on the delete button over @ youtube i'd have said "right, if that's a violation matey, then so are all the rest" and every mt4 vid would now contain the "this video is no longer available due to copyright claim by metaquotes software corp.." message, but then i'm harsh like that and truly shows how soft youtube are when leaned on.
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:14pm   #60
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
The videos are evidence of fraud, if they were to be destroyed I think it would be considered perverting the course of justice. I shall be keeping my copies very safe.
i haven't got rid, oh no, they are quite safe.
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy language stop and time Ahmad9666 Trading Software 1 Feb 11, 2010 5:30pm
Advanced GET foe TS2K wrong chart kopoche Trading Software 0 Sep 18, 2009 7:18am
Oil- Should exchanges stop its ascent - Hunt Brother Stylie. Crap Buddist General Trading Chat 4 Jun 7, 2008 9:29pm
Correlation Co-efficient foe Equity Indicies CFD11 Discretionary Trading 2 Oct 10, 2006 2:11pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)