How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

This is a discussion on How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by pboyles All deleted? yes comletely, not a surprise really. the facebook guys must be asleep or on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:48pm   #81

Joined Feb 2004
Re: How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
All deleted?
yes comletely, not a surprise really. the facebook guys must be asleep or on hols still, only a matter of time before that goes too.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:48pm   #82

Joined Sep 2008

The campaign by Metaquotes Software to eradicate those videos has apparently stepped up a bit. Seems everyone just caves in. I wonder what to would cost to sue any sites that left them up...and risk losing. The video showing how to edit the candle size can be done by ANY user on ANY mt4 platform that's available from ANY broker offering it. How is that a copyright claim?

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:56pm   #83
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
The campaign by Metaquotes Software to eradicate those videos has apparently stepped up a bit. Seems everyone just caves in. I wonder what to would cost to sue any sites that left them up...and risk losing. The video showing how to edit the candle size can be done by ANY user on ANY mt4 platform that's available from ANY broker offering it. How is that a copyright claim?

Peter
Given the amount of MT4 related advertising I'm sure that some trading forums are just looking for a convenient excuse to delete the videos.

Still it must have made for an unhappy holiday period at Metatrader dashing around the internet looking for these videos. Maybe ECN will ruin their new year as well by posting them all again on Friday evening. Any volunteers for double time this weekend?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:59pm   #84

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:

Peter
i believe because that part of the meta software isn't in the public domain they can indeed claim copyright and get vids of it removed. though there would appear to be a good argument for fair use, due to the nature of the expose and the apparent clampdown of free speech. the vid hosting sites are being spineless, and you can understand why.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:17pm   #85

Joined Sep 2008

I could be wrong but I believe it's fairly easy to get a legal valid for use registered copy of metatrader manager within 24-48 hours for no cost. Since it's no trading week for me I might have a go at it...depends how much info I want to share to sign up.

Peter
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:22pm   #86

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:
I could be wrong but I believe it's fairly easy to get a legal valid for use registered copy of metatrader manager within 24-48 hours for no cost. Since it's no trading week for me I might have a go at it...depends how much info I want to share to sign up.

Peter
ok but then what will you do? if you make a vid and upload it here it'll likely get deleted?

and wont you have to be a recognised company to download it? they may be unlikely to just dish it out on a free download to any old tom, dick or harry?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:27pm   #87

Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
ok but then what will you do? if you make a vid and upload it here it'll likely get deleted?
True, so it's not much use. Would only prove a point about public domain. I have a better idea but I'm not keen on getting banned if/when it gets pulled. Besides, I'm not looking to cause headaches for t2w. I like it here.

Peter
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:32pm   #88

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:
True, so it's not much use. Would only prove a point about public domain. I have a better idea but I'm not keen on getting banned if/when it gets pulled. Besides, I'm not looking to cause headaches for t2w. I like it here.

Peter
i just looked, and its not exactly easy looking to get hold of, its not like it's got a "click here to download" button, a company fieldx in the form is mandatory, i suppose you could try it on, wackyfx ltd lol