Expert advisors?

This is a discussion on Expert advisors? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; hey guys, just a thought i had the other day and was wondering if its possible. im a relatively new ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:36am   #1
Joined Feb 2007
Expert advisors?

hey guys,

just a thought i had the other day and was wondering if its possible.

im a relatively new trader and ive taken a liking to trading trendline breakouts.

i was wondering if this could be programmed into an expert advisor in order to automate the backtesting of this on historical data?

i can build with relative ease, indicator crossovers and indicator related expert advisors but with trendlines, im not sure if it can be done?

any experts in expert advisors welcome to comment!

thanks
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:21am   #2

Joined Apr 2011
Re: Expert advisors?

not an expert by any stretch nor even a fan of EAs

but the way computer science and mathematics works in general is quite open to any application you desire

to identify a trendline my guess would be something that takes a screenshot and passes a filter over that identifies shapes. something akin to CMC market's automatic pattern recognition
enragedcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:04am   #3
Joined Feb 2007
Re: Expert advisors?

munchiedude started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedcow View Post
not an expert by any stretch nor even a fan of EAs

but the way computer science and mathematics works in general is quite open to any application you desire

to identify a trendline my guess would be something that takes a screenshot and passes a filter over that identifies shapes. something akin to CMC market's automatic pattern recognition
thats interesting, i will look into it but im not an EA kinda guy but it can be useful i think for the purpose of backtesting such a manual strategy automatically.

thanks