Full time trading versus part time...

This is a discussion on Full time trading versus part time... within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Here's something to keep in mind, for all you dreamers out there ! http://www.motivation-for-dreamers.c...r-bridges.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:40pm   #113
Joined Feb 2009
Re: Full time trading versus part time...

Here's something to keep in mind, for all you dreamers out there !

http://www.motivation-for-dreamers.c...r-bridges.html
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:49pm   #114
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
It's probably only when you have kids that you realise how much work they put into you.
I think this is why they invented manners. My 2yr old and 3yr old are continually ordering things from me, be it water, or chocolate or tissues. It's only by forcing them to say please and thank you which stops you from going completely round the twist, otherwise you feel like you're paying for the privilege to be a slave.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: glyder
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:14pm   #115

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
I think this is why they invented manners. My 2yr old and 3yr old are continually ordering things from me, be it water, or chocolate or tissues. It's only by forcing them to say please and thank you which stops you from going completely round the twist, otherwise you feel like you're paying for the privilege to be a slave.
Too right - I'm the same - my 8 year old still occasionally tells me instead of asks but in the main, he is very well mannered. When he puts a foot wrong in this respect, he is told and he will apologise.

I despair when I see spoilt, cheeky kids running around - especially the expat brats you get out here. Cheeky, rude little spoilt brats with zero manners. I hate to think what their kids will be like.

Mind you - could be worse - could be in the UK where you can't punish your own kids.
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:17pm   #116
BSD

Joined Feb 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I would also say that for some strange reason most people associate a ‘job’ with doing something ‘dirty’ or ‘degrading’ and working under a tyrannical boss etc. My ‘job’ isn’t like that at all. I work in a well paid profession, I have a great boss and my colleagues are also my friends and that is what makes it harder to give up. If you are doing dirty work for minimum wage and you hate everything about it then you haven’t got much to looose ( are there 3 O’s or 5?).

I never trade from work so I can’t be accused of abusing my employer and the hours I work means I get a lot of market hours screen time at home, so much time that it makes no difference to say that I am a full-time trader with a part time job or vice versa.
Yup makes sense if one is one of the lucky ones to have a job they enjoy, I mean they do exist after all ;-)

In a similar vein funnily enough quite a lot of people we know have one partner with a job bringing in a steady salary covering the basics, while the other one is the risk taker striking out as an entrepreneur and bringing in the extras.

So do it like that, or have a job you enjoy providing the security, while using trading as your vehicle for providing the potential for wealth, and if one takes ones trading 100% seriously, then sure, that ought to work too as long as the commitment and complete discipline are there.

Mr & Toast, kids wise we played it safe, we "only" have a cat.

Last edited by BSD; Dec 30, 2010 at 5:22pm.
BSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:32pm   #117
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Mind you - could be worse - could be in the UK where you can't punish your own kids.
Eh? You want to punch women and hit kids...?
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:45pm   #118
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
The issue being .. ?
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: DionysusToast , timsk , Black Swan
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:53pm   #119

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Most people over 30 will remember getting a slap or two off their mom/dad when they got out of line as kids.

This has been going on for hundreds of generations with no ill effects, in the UK, this is now illegal...

What's the result of this? More polite, well behaved kids? Or ill mannered little turds running around knowing the worse they will get is a shouting at?

I got smacked plenty as a kid, most of my friends did. My dad got hit, his dad got hit and so on and so forth.

I gave my son a smacked ass on one occasion - after he walked off in the hustle & bustle of us checking into a hotel. He walked into the garden, to the cliff edge, down the cliff steps to the beach. That was 4 years ago. Now the mention of a smacked ass is enough to keep him in line.

Of course - any liberals reading this will be aghast. Then again, it's liberals that are ruining the UK, so I couldn't really care less.

As for hitting women. Most women like a good spanking when being taken from behind, who am I to not satisfy their needs?
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote