2011: New Years Resolutions (trading)

This is a discussion on 2011: New Years Resolutions (trading) within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by wackypete2 I think I'm finally going to dive all in an let an EA (cringe) start trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:15pm   #22

Joined Dec 2008
Re: 2011: New Years Resolutions (trading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
I think I'm finally going to dive all in an let an EA (cringe) start trading for me as a substitute when I'm not able to. I've put some thought into this. It will be my own EA developed by me and used on a completely separate account. Of course I'll probably only let it trade a penny per pip so I don't lose more than a dollar or 2!

Peter
Oh Pete, you start off with 1EA, then you build another, then another. Before you know it, you've got 44 of them. I've seen it before and we all know it ends in a permanent ban. Be prepared for nautical questions from me should you buy a superyacht in the process.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:17pm   #23
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
Oh Pete, you start off with 1EA, then you build another, then another. Before you know it, you've got 44 of them. I've seen it before and we all know it ends in a permanent ban. Be prepared for nautical questions from me should you buy a superyacht in the process.
I have my eye on several yachts

hmm 44 ea's and a ban....sounds familiar...wait don't tell me, I'll get it...

Just so I don't get a ban, I'll make sure at least 1 of the 44 ea's is not profitable so I appear genuine!

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:22pm   #24

Joined Dec 2008

According to a reliable source, it costs about $1m demo dollars to develop 44 EA's. I hope you can afford it Pete, it's an expensive game to get into.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:53am   #25

Joined Aug 2005

I've learnt that you have to be able to hold your tongue and that's what I'm going to work on. Because proving your point has a price and sometimes it's not worth paying.

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:07pm   #26
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
I think I'm finally going to dive all in an let an EA (cringe) start trading for me as a substitute when I'm not able to. I've put some thought into this. It will be my own EA developed by me and used on a completely separate account. Of course I'll probably only let it trade a penny per pip so I don't lose more than a dollar or 2!

Peter

Gonna be a lot of unemployed *estate agents in the UK in 2011 Pete so heh, why not..

* you call 'em realtors..
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:09pm   #27
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
I've learnt that you have to be able to hold your tongue and that's what I'm going to work on. Because proving your point has a price and sometimes it's not worth paying.
Wow, your girlfriend told us that too...spooky..
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:41pm   #28

Joined Jul 2008

To program up all those small edge strategies, and actually trade for more than an hour a day.