Mentor educating the unteachable

This is a discussion on Mentor educating the unteachable within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Hoggums No-one here believes you. If you're gonna make stuff up then try and make it slightly ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:28pm   #57
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
No-one here believes you. If you're gonna make stuff up then try and make it slightly believable please.
If I invited you lot to my Yacht , you ask for my papers and passport to prove my ownership of A Yacht.It is connected on laptops with back up batteries via mobile internet, and you would like to see the internet wires as proof.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:30pm   #58
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGecko View Post
I went to PB a fair bit when I was in Gib, and not once did I see someone posing on their yacht. Posing on someone else's, occasionally (can spot them a mile off), but their own - hardly ever. It's too crowded to get some peace and quiet there anyways.

Depends in which season yoo go there , now it is very quiet and restaurants are empty.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:39pm   #59
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
Whatever , my big brother owns a few apartments in terratz de banus

http://www.marbellabanus.com/

It is just my suntanned body here , but my everything else is on t2w.Pity you r in wet and windy England.Low season here , but still good weather. 18 +.It was a lovely sunny day here today.Before I get cuunty replies ,my wife likes these sorts of temperatures, summer is too hot to come here.
Marbella B Anus
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: LittleKnown
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:42pm   #60
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2007 View Post
I just reread the title again and it refers to the student being unteachable. No reference to the skills of the mentor. It is mentioned on here on an earlier post...does anybody know of any mentor that has actually coached someone to great success....above and over what anyone other mentor may have done. If so how long has that success continued for ?

Yes there may be a few who have but the majority CANNOT. The reasons for this are quite simple. What they all teach is very subjective, So the mind map from which they teach is very individual and personal. These qualities or reference points cannot be transferred to another person simply by talking about them.

The methods most of these use to identify entry.exit.support and resistance etc are all very personal. There is not really a clearly defined, logical process that could quantify these matters and for this reason the student appears to be going in a different direction, when in fact he is just making the material his own.

I am not aware of any systems that offer a completely logical and systematic approach with an acceptable win/loss ratio.

Why would a student be unteachable if the teacher is competent ? The whole education system blames poor performing students when really the teachers are not fully qualified to handle the process.
Trading as a science/occupation is unteachable because everybody sees the market differently, traders are competent and so are the mentors, you can not teach an entire profitability vision and practical competence to another person.You can teach them theories, but not make them accurately trade the theories.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:03pm   #61
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
If you have a problem with my posts, perhaps a PM would be more appropriate.

The PMs I've received seem different in tenor that your reaction. I wonder why that is?
Ooh..ooh let me guess...all these PMs are members begging you to mentor them? Don't you grade A tw@ts ever get tired of this fookin nonsense? BTW I just had a PM telling me who you are/have been on this forum before...you saddo...
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:19pm   #62

Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Ooh..ooh let me guess...all these PMs are members begging you to mentor them?
Poor guess. Hope your trading strategy is more knowledge based.

If I choose to solicit business here sometime in the future, I will register as a vendor. I have, however provided assistance at no cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
I just had a PM telling me who you are/have been on this forum before...you saddo...
Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

In all but two exceptions I always use my own name as my forum name. Even then I had my real name available in my profile. Therefore, I guard my reputation by only stating as fact what I am able to prove is fact.

There is an unavoidable suspicion of those who hide behind pseudonyms, who use inflammatory language and fail to back up what they say, Black Swan.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:23pm   #63
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Poor guess. Hope your trading strategy is more knowledge based.

If I choose to solicit business here sometime in the future, I will register as a vendor. I have, however provided assistance at no cost.

Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

In all but two exceptions I always use my own name as my forum name. Even then I had my real name available in my profile. Therefore, I guard my reputation by only stating as fact what I am able to prove is fact.

There is an unavoidable suspicion of those who hide behind pseudonyms, who use inflammatory language and fail to back up what they say, Black Swan.
At what point in your trading *career* did you discover T2W...?
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote