Mentor educating the unteachable

This is a discussion on Mentor educating the unteachable within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by robster970 I don't have any beef with you and your postings - it is after all just ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:23pm   #91
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
I don't have any beef with you and your postings - it is after all just the internet but even this bold claim of what would seem to be a significant custom build vessel based upon that mooring fee has aroused a morbid curiosity in me.

Dude, if you are genuine about owning a yacht, you should be able to answer these questions on basic seamanship and put us all out of our misery.

1) If you put your port engine into forward and starboard engine into reverse, tell me what you boat does if there are no effects of current or wind on the boat. The answer also depends on whether your boat is stern or shaft drive so I'll need to know that too.

2) Puerto Banus operates stern to moorings - can you tell me how you negotiate a stern to mooring without crashing into the dock?

3) If you are moored up to a dock on your port side and there is significant wind of say 30knots pushing your vessel onto the dock, how do you depart without causing significant damage to you expensive GRP hull?

4) What is the distress signal you should give if you're vessel is incapcitated but not in immediate danger? Also what channel you do this on?

5) What signs do you look for to see if somebody is in immediate danger of drowning (and I don't mean bobbing up and down in the water)?

Dude - if you can answer these coherently, I for one would believe that you may own a boat.
It is my brother's yacht , my backer whose money I trade.He owns it all .I ain't got a clue.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:36pm   #92
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
It is my brother's yacht , my backer whose money I trade.He owns it all .I ain't got a clue.
Good God, is that the best you can come up with?

Here's the post that started all the trouble - I've highlighted what I feel to be a particularly pertinent part.

I only assume risk and get the rewards all day long , those macd and and all the fancy crappola are for failures and t/a mugs , thats why I am now sitting on my Yacht in Peurto Banus at the moment, whilst all the failures are trying to bash me from their little smelly garages.It is nice and sunny here.

Could you really not come up with a better lie, Demo? Are you lying now, when you say it's your brother's, or were you lying then, when you said it was yours?

Or would both be lies, and in fact the yacht does not exist?
FX Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:37pm   #93

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Good on you for coming clean dude.

Did you really expect not to run into a boat owner on this forum?
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:40pm   #94
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
LOL Coming clean? It's a pretty limp attempt at wriggling out, not coming clean. Read his original post. Some people are pretty sloppy with language, but not that sloppy. You knwo whether it's your boat or your brother's.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:43pm   #95

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX Bandit View Post
LOL Coming clean? It's a pretty limp attempt at wriggling out, not coming clean. Read his original post. Some people are pretty sloppy with language, but not that sloppy. You knwo whether it's your boat or your brother's.
For me, it's about the fact he doesn't own one. Boat owners don't brag about their boats in an aspirational sense. Boat owners own boats because they love being on the water.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:20pm   #96
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:

Did you really expect not to run into a boat owner on this forum?
The point is :

If trader is good at trading , he will turn a simple $100k into $5m within 1 year.Thats equivalent to $100k a week.Why bother mentor services at noobs?

Somebody explained it it clearly why it is almost impossible to teach someone else to take risks in dynamic market set ups .

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...ml#post1319590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I do not think that the professions offer a sound base from which to practice market trading. In fact, they could be a drawback because of the illogicality of markets. Markets do not do what common sense, from a mathematical point of view, dictates.

That is why, IMO, systems will never work for more than a handful of traders who know how to interpret them.

It does not matter what your academic qualifications are. It only matters that you are an intelligent person capable of approaching trading from another angle and, whatever that angle is, it will be difficult to teach to others. A few will grasp it but most will not.

If we become successful traders, we must be thankful for that. Very few will understand what we do. Perhaps, we should be thankful for that, too.
Forget all the price action crap seminars and mentors on forex factory.Just another scam.

Good traders will not mentor others.They know it is impossible to teach others to be profitable.Mentors can be earning $10m a week within 2 years.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx compounding gbp 100k low start.xlsx (34.6 KB, 131 views)
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:28pm   #97
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:

Good traders will not mentor others.They know it is impossible to teach others to be profitable.Mentors can be earning $10m a week within 2 years.
Half a billion pa. Within 2 years.

Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:30pm   #98
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:

What crack you been smoking?
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:35pm   #99
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
What crack you been smoking?
It must be even better than the sh1t I've been on all day, and that stuff was . I'm popping some ludes now, then I'll be chasing the dragon for the rest of the night.

I'm pretty bombed on scotch as well, truth be told.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:48pm   #100

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX Bandit View Post
I'm popping some ludes now.......
Showing your age now.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:51pm   #101
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:
Showing your age now.
They're before my time really, but hey, good is good. Sh1t dude, I'll smoke carpet if I have to.
Thanks! The following members like this post: robster970
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:21am   #102
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Oildaytrader. You have lost all your credibility with this post. I am disappointed in you. You are another forum time-waster.
2700+ posts since 2007. And now we find out that you are a bulls^itter. What a shame.

Last edited by traderman1; Nov 15, 2010 at 2:28am.
traderman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:39am   #103
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderman1 View Post
Oildaytrader. You have lost all your credibility with this post. I am disappointed in you. You are another forum time-waster.
2700+ posts since 2007. And now we find out that you are a bulls^itter. What a shame.
NOW you find out he's a bullsh1tter??
Most of us knew 2700 posts ago

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FX Bandit
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:31pm   #104
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderman1 View Post
My word. This implies that some people who are new to t2w read ODDT's posts and actually believe they are of merit?

Frankly, this is why he should be abolished from t2w. Forget the dubious LULZ, he takes the forum down a credibility notch.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:35pm   #105

Joined Apr 2010

I think that admin should just put a "T2W Clown as voted by other active members" sticker on his posts.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote