Mentor educating the unteachable

This is a discussion on Mentor educating the unteachable within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by HowardCohodas If you have a problem with my posts, perhaps a PM would be more appropriate. The ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:03pm   #61
Joined Nov 2008
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
If you have a problem with my posts, perhaps a PM would be more appropriate.

The PMs I've received seem different in tenor that your reaction. I wonder why that is?
Ooh..ooh let me guess...all these PMs are members begging you to mentor them? Don't you grade A tw@ts ever get tired of this fookin nonsense? BTW I just had a PM telling me who you are/have been on this forum before...you saddo...
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:19pm   #62
 
HowardCohodas's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Ooh..ooh let me guess...all these PMs are members begging you to mentor them?
Poor guess. Hope your trading strategy is more knowledge based.

If I choose to solicit business here sometime in the future, I will register as a vendor. I have, however provided assistance at no cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
I just had a PM telling me who you are/have been on this forum before...you saddo...
Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

In all but two exceptions I always use my own name as my forum name. Even then I had my real name available in my profile. Therefore, I guard my reputation by only stating as fact what I am able to prove is fact.

There is an unavoidable suspicion of those who hide behind pseudonyms, who use inflammatory language and fail to back up what they say, Black Swan.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:23pm   #63
Joined Nov 2008
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Poor guess. Hope your trading strategy is more knowledge based.

If I choose to solicit business here sometime in the future, I will register as a vendor. I have, however provided assistance at no cost.


Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

In all but two exceptions I always use my own name as my forum name. Even then I had my real name available in my profile. Therefore, I guard my reputation by only stating as fact what I am able to prove is fact.

There is an unavoidable suspicion of those who hide behind pseudonyms, who use inflammatory language and fail to back up what they say, Black Swan.
At what point in your trading *career* did you discover T2W...?
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:12pm   #64
 
LittleKnown's Avatar
Joined Oct 2009
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

@ODT and other Vendors, Mentors, Bull$***ers!
Call some live trades real time, if they're wrong then maybe it's the drawdown period, but continue to call, prove you are worth something!
If anyone pays any vendor or anyone without checking they're not being mugged then they are a mug!

Last edited by LittleKnown; Nov 2, 2010 at 11:15pm. Reason: ??
LittleKnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:25pm   #65
 
robster970's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
125k euros per annum.
I don't have any beef with you and your postings - it is after all just the internet but even this bold claim of what would seem to be a significant custom build vessel based upon that mooring fee has aroused a morbid curiosity in me.

Dude, if you are genuine about owning a yacht, you should be able to answer these questions on basic seamanship and put us all out of our misery.

1) If you put your port engine into forward and starboard engine into reverse, tell me what you boat does if there are no effects of current or wind on the boat. The answer also depends on whether your boat is stern or shaft drive so I'll need to know that too.

2) Puerto Banus operates stern to moorings - can you tell me how you negotiate a stern to mooring without crashing into the dock?

3) If you are moored up to a dock on your port side and there is significant wind of say 30knots pushing your vessel onto the dock, how do you depart without causing significant damage to you expensive GRP hull?

4) What is the distress signal you should give if you're vessel is incapcitated but not in immediate danger? Also what channel you do this on?

5) What signs do you look for to see if somebody is in immediate danger of drowning (and I don't mean bobbing up and down in the water)?

Dude - if you can answer these coherently, I for one would believe that you may own a boat.
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FX Bandit
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:32pm   #66
Joined Nov 2008
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
I don't have any beef with you and your postings - it is after all just the internet but even this bold claim of what would seem to be a significant custom build vessel based upon that mooring fee has aroused a morbid curiosity in me.

Dude, if you are genuine about owning a yacht, you should be able to answer these questions on basic seamanship and put us all out of our misery.

1) If you put your port engine into forward and starboard engine into reverse, tell me what you boat does if there are no effects of current or wind on the boat. The answer also depends on whether your boat is stern or shaft drive so I'll need to know that too.

2) Puerto Banus operates stern to moorings - can you tell me how you negotiate a stern to mooring without crashing into the dock?

3) If you are moored up to a dock on your port side and there is significant wind of say 30knots pushing your vessel onto the dock, how do you depart without causing significant damage to you expensive GRP hull?

4) What is the distress signal you should give if you're vessel is incapcitated but not in immediate danger? Also what channel you do this on?

5) What signs do you look for to see if somebody is in immediate danger of drowning (and I don't mean bobbing up and down in the water)?

Dude - if you can answer these coherently, I for one would believe that you may own a boat.
Ooh..he can't even Google the answers on a couple of those... I have ODT on ignore, what's he *done* now?
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:42pm   #67
 
robster970's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Ooh..he can't even Google the answers on a couple of those... I have ODT on ignore, what's he *done* now?
I know man - you only know if you've helmed and done enough close quarters dockside sh1t.

Claims he has a yacht in Puerto Banus and pays 125k Euro per annum for mooring. This may be true but I thought I would at least try and validate it with some seamanship.

You're a sailor if I remember rightly - Jeanneau?
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:53pm   #68
Joined Oct 2009
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Ooh..he can't even Google the answers on a couple of those... I have ODT on ignore, what's he *done* now?
Black Goose, anyone who disagrees with you is on your ignore list, it's the only way you can keep track of the ones that have not called your bluff yet

But then again you won't see this post 'cause I'm on your ignore list as well...but everyone else will see it....there's your first mistake goosey baby...
Infinetyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:59pm   #69
 
HowardCohodas's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
At what point in your trading *career* did you discover T2W...?
That's a fair question.

Here is the time line.

I've been investing and trading since 1964.

I came up with my current strategy in Feb 2010. I did computer simulations (back testing) on five years worth of data divided into two parts so that I could test against data the system had never seen. I did prototyping (paper trading) for five months to smooth out the methods of interfacing with the market. I did pre-production testing (small money trading) for one month. I reviewed my strategy with my son who is an economist because of his extensive math skills. I got the idea of teaching this to others while teaching him. I set up a separate broker account to be used exclusively for this strategy so that I could have auditable evidence of real money trades in case I went through with my training idea. I began the final phase, full production (serious money trading) on Sept 1, 2010.

I use the engineering analogy for the stages of qualifying a system because I'm a retired software engineer and manager of multi-discipline engineering teams. This process is well understood in engineering. I just apply it to qualifying my trading and investing strategies as well.

I joined this forum on Sep 29, 2010.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:59pm   #70
Joined Oct 2009
Re: Mentor educating the unteachable

Robster, it's seriously gone over your head has it not?

Early bird gets the worm, in your case, not!
Infinetyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mentor trader_dante Educational Resources 42 Dec 9, 2012 7:47pm
Looking for FX Mentor TAGTRADE Forex 14 Apr 1, 2011 10:39am
Looking for mentor Biobob General Trading Chat 27 Jan 26, 2009 4:30pm
Looking for a mentor. Nannook Educational Resources 18 Oct 16, 2008 5:44pm
I need a mentor!! Lucky_81 Home Trader 8 Mar 23, 2004 6:17pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)