QQQQ Futures

This is a discussion on QQQQ Futures within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Hi Guys anyone trade the QQQQ futures, know nothing about them and was wondering are they liquid and move ok. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 23, 2008, 5:08pm   #1
Joined Feb 2003
QQQQ Futures

Hi Guys anyone trade the QQQQ futures, know nothing about them and was wondering are they liquid and move ok.

Regards mark
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:37pm   #2

6 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
QQQQ is extremely liquid. It's up there with SPY
djgandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:36pm   #3

Joined Oct 2008
Well, qqqq the ETF is very liquid, but the nasdaq futures contract isn't as liquid as the ES from what I understand. I've been trading the YM and have heard that's probably the best place to start.
fantastic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 9:01am   #4
Joined Dec 2008
Greetings,

NQs are what I trade,plenty of liquidity.I think the 3x ETFs are great to trade.FAS-FAZ,ERX -ERY,and BGU-BGZ are a gift.

cordially Ponce
Ponce is offline Commercial chat room   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:18am   #5
Joined Oct 2004
The NQ has plenty of liquidity, less than the ES but more than the YM.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:12pm   #6

Joined Oct 2008
Have any of you experience with both the YM and NQ. Any pros/ cons you could throw out there. I know some complain about the YMs volume.
fantastic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:11pm   #7
Joined Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic4 View Post
Have any of you experience with both the YM and NQ. Any pros/ cons you could throw out there. I know some complain about the YMs volume.
My advice would be to follow all 4 major index cons and decide for yourself which one you want to trade. You may want to trade them all and they all affect each other anyway. Some basic characteristics to compare would be tick size, price and average range.
Daytradingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:35pm   #8
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
It strikes me that this thread can't quite make up its mind whether it's about futures or index etf's (exchange traded funds). Some definition and clarity is required. Unless I'm very much mistaken, they are two very separate and distinct instruments. SPY, DIA and QQQQ are index etf's for the S&P 500, Dow Jones and Nasdaq 100 respectively which, for all intents and purposes, all trade like regular stock. Of the three, SPY is leaps and bounds ahead of the other two IMO, not least because of its volatility; a typical daily range of around $2.00 and because of its liquidity; the spread is rarely more than $0.01 cent and the volume is way up there in the millions - daily. For the benefit of the tread's OP, just to clarify; the QQQQ is the etf for the Nasdaq 100 and, therefore, is not the future of same - which is the NQ. They are two distinct and separate instruments and, although correlated, they trade quite differently from one another.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!

Last edited by timsk; Dec 21, 2008 at 5:40pm.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: N Rothschild