amount i made with a 2 lot is it possible ?

This is a discussion on amount i made with a 2 lot is it possible ? within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; I have been trading the tt sim today on the bund ive notcied its been going wild but already in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2007, 2:55pm   #1
Joined Dec 2005
amount i made with a 2 lot is it possible ?

I have been trading the tt sim today on the bund ive notcied its been going wild but already in 2 hours i am up 1500 euros.
I mean is this actually possible or is it like i think where the sims just letting me get like this so i think trading is so easy and pay for the service.
Or is that easily possible from just 2 lots and about 181 trades to be up on the bund 1500 euros in just a few hours
teen_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: TGM
Old May 24, 2007, 4:00pm   #2

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by teen_trader View Post
I have been trading the tt sim today on the bund ive notcied its been going wild but already in 2 hours i am up 1500 euros.
I mean is this actually possible or is it like i think where the sims just letting me get like this so i think trading is so easy and pay for the service.
Or is that easily possible from just 2 lots and about 181 trades to be up on the bund 1500 euros in just a few hours
Of course it's possible - but it's also possible you could be DOWN 1500 EUR in a few hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 8:59pm   #3

Joined Feb 2005
possible = probable, if you dont know what you're doing.

teen_trader - the TT simulator basically duplicates the market environment. TT simulated fills are pretty realistic. If you have an approach that consistently yields that sort of return then well done!

if it was pure chance and you're not really sure how you did that, or how to do it again, then you should pay attention to what hoggums was saying

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 11:32pm   #4
Joined Dec 2005
teen_trader started this thread cheers for the replys guys i have experience in trading just not much in the bund and especially not on tt so i was not sure how realistic the sim was
teen_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 7:45am   #5

Joined Feb 2005
TT sim is probably the best simulator around. There's a reason its the industry standard in prop trading. When you join the bid, it will count how many lots are in front of you, how many get pulled, filled, traded etc and work out roughly where you are in the queue before you get a sim fill. its as close to realism as you can get without actually trading

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sidneyue
Old May 25, 2007, 3:53pm   #6
Joined Sep 2006
Arb

As you are such a prolific poster, do you trade your own account now?
As I heard you blew it all at Marex and now are working on the buy side as couldn't cut it in the real world.
clicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:01pm   #7
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by teen_trader View Post
It is definitely possible to be up that amount trading 2 lots,though I have to say not common.

There is a huge difference trading on a sim with virtual money compared to the live market with real money at stake - there were probably a few times when if you had a real position you would have had to stop yourself out or maybe panicked,it's in no way a slur against you but when you can go off-side and there's no real pressure because technically there's nothing at stake you're trading with a certain carefree attitude that disappears the moment the trades actually count.
$spreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: TGM , nine