Options Training

This is a discussion on Options Training within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Hi folks, ive read and kinda understanding options, but can anyone recommend a good way to learn how to trade ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:35pm   #1
Joined Jun 2005
Options Training

Hi folks, ive read and kinda understanding options, but can anyone recommend a good way to learn how to trade options without taking up to much time (work commitments)
Any advice and help to get on the ladder would be great
mechmanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:02pm   #2
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmanuk View Post
Hi folks, ive read and kinda understanding options, but can anyone recommend a good way to learn how to trade options without taking up to much time (work commitments)
In order of importance:
1.) Read Hull's Options, Futures & Other Derivatives. If can't take this, go trade something else.
2.) Learn the greeks and their effect on your position by heart, and the concept of vol trading
3.) Make sure you understand all spreads, boxes, etc and their effect on your greeks and P/L

Once you've survived that, your down for your first trade. In which case I'd argue:
1.) Never go naked (don't ever think about selling calls/puts without hedge)
Belligerent_Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:38pm   #3
Joined Jun 2005
mechmanuk started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belligerent_Drunk View Post
In order of importance:
1.) Read Hull's Options, Futures & Other Derivatives. If can't take this, go trade something else.
2.) Learn the greeks and their effect on your position by heart, and the concept of vol trading
3.) Make sure you understand all spreads, boxes, etc and their effect on your greeks and P/L

Once you've survived that, your down for your first trade. In which case I'd argue:
1.) Never go naked (don't ever think about selling calls/puts without hedge)
many thanks, i will defo get these and get reading cheers
mechmanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:15am   #4
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
many thanks, i will defo get these and get reading cheers

Until you put on demo trades for months , you will not know reality of options.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educ...e-reality.html
Attached Thumbnails
forum-fakes.jpg  
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2017, 11:30am   #5

Joined Jul 2003
http://optionsinvesting.co.uk I post trades weekly- real trades-take a look and learn from the real world examples. We do NOT want your money, we are not a get rich quick scheme or binary BS
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2017, 11:40am   #6
Joined Apr 2017
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...g-options.html

How to use options for stop loss
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017, 7:09pm   #7

Joined Dec 2014
Quote:

The secret to success in the markets are: there are no shortcuts.

You have to stick with it for a really long time, till a light bulb goes off in your head and you experience a certain degree of that Eureka moment

Too many people like you exists, no offence,...where they expect someone to hand them instant gratification.
lawrence-lugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 2:14pm   #8

Joined Jul 2003
on 6th May I posted this In Case You'd Forgotten- The Lowdown on the Synthetic

This trade involves buying a call (7300 debit 14.5) and paying for it by selling a put (7050-credit 15). Entry cost,therefore, is a tiny credit of 0.5, plus the margin required for the short put. I'd be looking for a quick turnaround, as this is directional. FTSE closed around 7300 on Friday, and these options expire on 19th May.

Tonight's Prices

The call(which we own) is 73, the put(which we sold for 15) is 3.

In summary

We thus have a massive massive profit of 70, on a zero cost trade,using maybe £1,000 of margin. If 70% in half a week is not to your taste, you may wish to look elsewhere.
It made over 100%
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote