option axiom

This is a discussion on option axiom within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; I am currently researching Rob Roy's Option Axiom. I paid $97 for the materials. I have not started the monthly ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:27am   #1

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
option axiom

I am currently researching Rob Roy's Option Axiom. I paid $97 for the materials. I have not started the monthly alert service yet which costs $97/month. Has anyone tried this service? If so, how did it work out for you?

Thanks.

Allan
Allank6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:07pm   #2

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
response option axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allank6 View Post
I am currently researching Rob Roy's Option Axiom. I paid $97 for the materials. I have not started the monthly alert service yet which costs $97/month. Has anyone tried this service? If so, how did it work out for you?

Thanks.

Allan
I enlisted option axiom to manage my portfolio of there trades,it took about 6 months started with 10K acct.which was reduced to $1230.00..a hard hit with
an acct. that was managed by this company.I would warn anyone thinking of investing with co. to think twice...the facts and performance speak volumes.
sumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:57pm   #3

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Save your money. I followed Rob Roy's trades for 4 months and liked the results. When he offered "autotrading", I signed up, and like sumba, I allowed Option Axiom to auto trade my account through Trade Monster and lost the entire account in 4 1/2 months Rob Roy is just another recycled Optionetics instructor trying to make a fast buck off his former students. Save your money - there are a lot of free sites that provide much better education.
OptionAxiomLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:55pm   #4

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
options axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionAxiomLoser View Post
Save your money. I followed Rob Roy's trades for 4 months and liked the results. When he offered "autotrading", I signed up, and like sumba, I allowed Option Axiom to auto trade my account through Trade Monster and lost the entire account in 4 1/2 months Rob Roy is just another recycled Optionetics instructor trying to make a fast buck off his former students. Save your money - there are a lot of free sites that provide much better education.
I am very surprised that more people have not spoken up, hard to believe we were the only pigs for slaughter............the co.( individual ) is incredibly egregious.
sumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2014, 3:17am   #5

2 Posts
Joined May 2014
Another Option Axiom Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumba View Post
I am very surprised that more people have not spoken up, hard to believe we were the only pigs for slaughter............the co.( individual ) is incredibly egregious.
I was beginning to think I was the only one. I lost over $9000.00 with Option Axiom after subscribing for a year and realizing the math didn't add up. I should have see it coming after they kept trying to sell you more and more stuff. Alot of smoke and mirrors.
tradeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:08pm   #6

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Recycled Optionetics instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradeco View Post
I was beginning to think I was the only one. I lost over $9000.00 with Option Axiom after subscribing for a year and realizing the math didn't add up. I should have see it coming after they kept trying to sell you more and more stuff. Alot of smoke and mirrors.
Being an a former Optionetics student, I knew and respected Rob and Ryan, so I subscribed to their OptionAxiom Alerts. After a few months of good results I signed up for the new TradeMonster autotrading service and managed to lose my entire account 10K in 6 months . As the business grew, their picks became worse and communication with the company was nonexistent (no phone to call or response to e-mails). They actually stayed in one trade (LULU) for 10 months racking up a 400% loss. It's clear these guys are making their money teaching and not trading!!!! Avoid this service.

Last edited by OldTrader1; Jul 10, 2014 at 12:09pm.
OldTrader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:13pm   #7

Joined Jul 2003
I am a former Optionetics graduate-if that's the word. I studied hard learned a lot, paper traded for 2 years,lost money and made money- most years I make good money now,by a combination of buying and selling-as I hate just selling and watching premium multiply 5 fold against me

Last edited by Windlesham1; Jul 12, 2014 at 12:14pm.
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:36am   #8

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionAxiomLoser View Post
Save your money. Rob Roy is just another recycled Optionetics instructor trying to make a fast buck off his former students.
+1 .... because they can't really trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTrader1 View Post
Being an a former Optionetics student, I knew and respected Rob! Avoid this service.
I could never see what people liked about him, he and all the Optionetics so called Mentors/Instructors NEVER had my respect nor did they deserve it. The crap they taught was old school mentality and half of them don't even know their way around their so called Broker Platforms that they 'apparently' use.

My advice, NEVER use ANY trade advice services, unless you maybe take the other side of the trade.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:11am   #9

2 Posts
Joined May 2014
Many people thought he was the real deal including myself. Its a shame that people who really want to learn how to trade are taken advantage of and lose their hard earned money. I know I shouldn't be surprised!!
tradeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:47am   #10

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradeco View Post
Its a shame that people who really want to learn how to trade are taken advantage of and lose their hard earned money.!!
Yeah unfortunately far too many people get fleeced, myself included.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:43pm   #11

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTrader1 View Post
Being an a former Optionetics student, I knew and respected Rob and Ryan, so I subscribed to their OptionAxiom Alerts. After a few months of good results I signed up for the new TradeMonster autotrading service and managed to lose my entire account 10K in 6 months . As the business grew, their picks became worse and communication with the company was nonexistent (no phone to call or response to e-mails). They actually stayed in one trade (LULU) for 10 months racking up a 400% loss. It's clear these guys are making their money teaching and not trading!!!! Avoid this service.
WOW this guy has some nerve. After I blew out my account following his "Alerts", I cancelled my service and told them I am no longer interested in anything they have to offer. So today I received an email offering me access to an Axiom Strangles service (sounds like what I cancelled). Guess he's drumming up business to replace the sheep he slaughtered.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:45am   #12
BPC

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
I am currently using this service and I am very disappointed. I jumped in before doing research. Here's what I found out from trading his recommendations. I do not plan to renew my membership!

Up front the trades look good but the approach is BAD. One side of the trade becomes profitable but not enough to cover the loss on the losing side. He doesn't recommend setting a stop to collect the profit. The profit goes away then both sides of the strangle become a loss. The options are usually deep out of the money. So you lose the time value especially in the last 30 days. He doesn't take that into consideration and roll forward when there is still some time value left in the trade. You end up losing money when you could have reduced or cut your loss. I had one profitable trade out of six so far.

Bottom line don't waste your money!
BPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:55am   #13

Joined Jun 2009
Today I received an email that made me laugh...

Tom Gentile has invited you to join Twitter!

Accept invitation

NO thanks Tom, not today, not ever. Optionetics is dead, just check out their useless and aging forum.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:56am   #14

Joined Jun 2009

Tom Gentile has invited you to join Twitter! Accept invitation

NO thanks Tom, not today, not ever. Optionetics is dead, just check out their useless and aging members forum.

Last edited by lloydbee; Aug 8, 2014 at 6:57am.
lloydbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:45pm   #15

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydbee View Post

Tom Gentile has invited you to join Twitter! Accept invitation

NO thanks Tom, not today, not ever. Optionetics is dead, just check out their useless and aging members forum.
Wow I received the same one. Guess Tom wants to borrow someone's ideas and remarket them as his own. Funny that NO Optionetics instructor was willing to show his/her live trade history - hummmm