Our Nan

This is a discussion on Our Nan within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Quantt The suspension is killing me softly(slowly)... What a disappointment! I wanted to hear about the long ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:34pm   #16

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
The suspension is killing me softly(slowly)...
What a disappointment!
I wanted to hear about the long legged blond!

The blond!!!

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:50pm   #17
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund1 View Post
Someone asked Our Nan a few months ago at a dinner party about trading the stock market and that they fancied a go.

Our Nan helped out, she explained what to do, how to do it and even gave them a recommeded share to buy.

We've just heard through a friend of a friend that they initialy did quiet well but are now carrying a deep loss.

How can this be, well it appears that at some point they read an article that said the Stock Market was due for a heafty downturn, so instead of buying more they decided to sell.

Good frigging grief, can you believe that, selling in a bull market.

Children and matches seems to come to mind.

If they had followed Our Nans advice they would be sitting of a heafty profit right now instead of a heafty debt.

I eat nan with a vindaloo and afterwards i need a plop stop
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:06am   #18
Joined Aug 2016
sigmund1 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
So how much is this thing that you are beating around the bush to sell us going to cost?
Nothing, Nada, Zilch.

I'm not a greasy Vendor lurking around looking for wide eyed newbies!
sigmund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:14am   #19

Joined May 2015
Quote:
Lets face it, if you haven't made a stonking, over the top profit in this market you'd be better off with a deposit account.

Our Nan, have I mentioned Our Nan before?

Well Our Nan made so much money last year it's disgusting.

We both spent most of it flying to Dubai private, the champagne is very nice in private and the Burj puts on such a nice firework display over Christmas.

Well, she beat Buffet hands down, I've seen her do this time and time again.

Year in and year out.

Our Nan trades better than the best and what she does is so, so easy.

2 trades she opened last Sept, one is still open and up over 160%

The other, stop hit for around a 100% profit.

How did she do it,?

Stay tuned I'm in a good mood, will tell you next time.

Got to go now, there's a long legged blond just rang my bell.
Is your Nan still single?
Oscar Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tokyojoe , Nowler
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:01am   #20
Joined Aug 2016
what's she like

sigmund1 started this thread I can tell everybody's wondering what Our Nans like.

Think Jane Fonda, think vegetarian, Think Yoga, Think Street Smarts, Think pretty good at trading and Investing.

Flies private everywhere, says she can be checked into the hotel, changed, and sipping her fav cocktail before cattle class have left the departure lounge.

Born in a Castle...how cool is that. Now lives in a home, a Stately Home in the Cotswolds. We all have apts there, so Our Nan is my next door neighbour.

The views from the box window seats is particulary nice when there is a heavy frost on the Tudour Knot garden, as is the rose gardens in summer. Jack the gardner does a terric job.

We have a family joke that involves a great, great Grandmother, apparently a couple of centuries ago when she was told the Estate workers were all entitled to weekend off, she replied, "What's a Weekend"?

Nan has a little place in "Central London" when she's "gone shopping" and stays at various hotels on Jumeriah Beach when topping up her tan and shopping which is frequent.

Only drinks Hacienda La Esmeralda coffee, eye water price. I prefer SB's, Our Nan says that's because the waitresses are good looking, personally, I haven't a clue whats she talking about.

A few years ago she purchased a fake Caravaggio, had it x-rayed and DNA'd, only turned out to be a real one. The devil's in the detail, Our Nan does seems to have an eye for detail, not to mention chauffeurs, they all seems to be tall, tanned fit looking blokes of Italian extraction, just a coincidence me thinks.

I have a youger sister who say's when travelling with me that if I drive through that Council Estate she will kill herself or sue me for mental cruelty...apparently, she'd rather drive through Syria, a slight exageration me thinks and says "Hoodies" are "So Last Century"....good point!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:10pm   #21

Joined Mar 2014
If nothing else, the above post is an interesting case study in the psychogenesis of the superiority/inferiority complex...
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:19pm   #22

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
If nothing else, the above post is an interesting case study in the psychogenesis of the superiority/inferiority complex...
Estoy muy impresionado por la blandura de tu alfombrilla de ratón!

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads , darktone
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:49pm   #23
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantagril View Post
Estoy muy impresionado por la blandura de tu alfombrilla de ratón!
I am very impressed by the softness of your mouse pad ??
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:58pm   #24

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
I am very impressed by the softness of your mouse pad ??
Bien sur!.. qui dirait autrement? ...et je suis encore plus fasciné par la pilosité de votre grandmère

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:16pm   #25
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
. . .Flies private everywhere, says she can be checked into the hotel, changed, and sipping her fav cocktail before cattle class have left the departure lounge. . .
'Ere Sig' - is your nan Joan Collins by any chance?
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:44pm   #26
Joined Aug 2016
did you or didn't you?

sigmund1 started this thread Just looking at the SP500 Index.

Wondering how many traders have out performed it since the bottom in 2009.

Not only how many have out performed it, but by, HOW MUCH!

I mean come on, if your going to Trade you maze well trade bigger and better than some dumb ass low cost Sleepy Hollow Index Fund.

So what does that look like, it looks like you should have done better than at least 400% profit after all the bits and bobs deducted.

Why do I say that....easy, there's a low cost SP fund that returned 336% with Divs over that period.

Any moron who's done worse than 300% should take a one way to Switzerland or pack it in. Just kidding.

As our Nan has just pointed out, we rich people need you poor people for liquidity and taxes... so keep on having a go, PLEASE!

Hang on Nan, I'm not sure that last comment is PC any more.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:52pm   #27
Joined Aug 2016
Vlo

sigmund1 started this thread Take a mooch at VLO.

Our Nan told someone she met at a dinner party to BUY this one at end of Sept last year.

The dinner guest showed an interest in trading.

They bought and bought more as instructed but then decided because of some numb nut newspaper article it was time to sell short.

HO,HO,HO what a blunder!

I mean lets face it, how dumb can anyone be!

Following our Nans advice they would have bought and bought more ALL the way UP.

First position 10% of capital, second 5% and so on down to 1% then a steady stream of 1% positions for the rest of the journey.

Work it out, they could be sitting on more profit right now than someone on basic sees in a million life times.

Who needs a Robot when you got Our Nan.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:42pm   #28

Joined Nov 2003
So this friend of your nan, doesnt happen to look like this does he?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:41pm   #29
Joined Aug 2016
sigmund1 started this thread You just got to love some people.

I mean their grasp of the English language.

their use of profanity...

their use of incorrect pronuciation...

their constant use of tedious repetition...

Oh and not to forget some people get so confused, they think someone's Nan is a "he"

Last edited by sigmund1; Jan 11, 2018 at 6:54pm.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:23pm   #30

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:

their constant use of tedious repertition...
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
*repetition
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk