Subconscious Errors.

I've just finished a cup of Kopi Luwak coffee, sat in our Nans Tudor Box Widow Seat overlooking the Tudor Box Garden, how cool is that!

Monkeys are a lot more entertaining.

You made several mistakes already , when the market prices are not flickering.

This thread should have been called traders lose because of SUBCONCIOUS mistakes.They do.

I spent over a thousand hours learning psychology from psychologists Dr A menaker , Dr Steenbarger ,Rande , Mark Douglas ,researcher Robert Sapolsky Dr VAN tHARP and many other brain specialsists and psychologists .

If you want the truth , you will have to go the professionals , they have many articles and webinars on youtube.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...ment/223300-mind-traps-affecting-traders.html

You've spent approx only 6 months studying psychology?

Do you have any qualifications in the subject?

I don't want to be a forum pretender , cause nobody can prove If I have a degree or not.I can claim to have phd or be a forum professor of options or just be a forum fake .

So I follow real trading phd trading psychologists on the internet , than indulge in forum opinion makers claiming to be psychologists .

You made several mistakes already , when the market prices are not flickering.

This thread should have been called traders lose because of SUBCONCIOUS mistakes.They do.

I spent over a thousand hours learning psychology from psychologists Dr A menaker , Dr Steenbarger ,Rande , Mark Douglas ,researcher Robert Sapolsky Dr VAN tHARP and many other brain specialsists and psychologists .

If you want the truth , you will have to go the professionals , they have many articles and webinars on youtube.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...ment/223300-mind-traps-affecting-traders.html

Are something akin to a life coach or motivational speaker? "Think positive and you too shall be rich!" :clap:

Are something akin to a life coach or motivational speaker? "Think positive and you too shall be rich!" :clap:

Losing money hurts ,losses are more powerful than gains , live account traders feel these much more.As biological organisms, humans are motivated by pain and pleasure.But interestingly, while we tend to think of these as equal motivators, they aren't. We humans are wired to be more risk averse than pleasure-seeking.

Your Brain Does Really Weird Stuff When It Thinks About Money , the brain behaves very unpredictably , when executing trades.

search on google videos with words emotions and money

You've spent approx only 6 months studying psychology?

Do you have any qualifications in the subject?

I am not a psychologist , but I have spent 5 years studying psychology , I have also experienced this pschology. I talk about .I do as it hobby and knowledge

The haves and the have nots

It won't make a difference.

No difference at all to your bottom line.

For the vast majority of people reading Financial Psychology books is a waste of time.

The great philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe hit the nail on the head when he wrote...

"We may INTELLCTUALLY UNDERSTAND what we should do but we are usually OVERWHELMED by our NATURE."

Someone else wrote, I looked in the mirror and saw the enemy.

Our Nan say's, you've either got it or you haven't.

It's like the long term success of Dieters.

The British Journal of Medicine..."In the long run dieting has a miserable track record, after 3 years only 5% have kept the weight off".

Dr Carl Hanegham, Oxford University, his studies were almost identical over a 5 year period.

The reason we find mass scale failure rates is Human Nature and the inability for the individual to change it.

Our Nan say's, they can play around with their back testers, their psychology books, their slimming diets, your either born with it or your not!

you can't teach an old dog new tricks

said to mean that it is very difficult to teach someone new skills or to change someone's habits or character

You can't rewire the human brain

Losing money hurts ,losses are more powerful than gains , live account traders feel these much more.As biological organisms, humans are motivated by pain and pleasure.But interestingly, while we tend to think of these as equal motivators, they aren't. We humans are wired to be more risk averse than pleasure-seeking.

Your Brain Does Really Weird Stuff When It Thinks About Money , the brain behaves very unpredictably , when executing trades.

search on google videos with words emotions and money
I've heard there are two kinds of traders...those more concerned with taking a loss...and those bothered more by leaving too much on the table when closing out. I am the latter.

Can you speak to what you know about this?

I've heard there are two kinds of traders...those more concerned with taking a loss...and those bothered more by leaving too much on the table when closing out. I am the latter.

Can you speak to what you know about this?

http://www.businessinsider.com/colin-camerer-wins-genius-grant-2013-9?IR=T

There was a study on it , it is what most psychologsts understand .Fear of losing out on take profit and certain profits are better than none .Market usually shows small choppy breakdowns of trades 80 % of the time. ,that is why.

The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises. Sigmund Freud

These guys are not traders and aretalking about stocks. Individual stocks are a whole different ballgame, and a LOT easier to trade.

Psychology applies to all humans , same psychology applies to the human mind , in whatever activity they have.

same applies to what you believe in trading

It won't make a difference.

No difference at all to your bottom line.

For the vast majority of people reading Financial Psychology books is a waste of time.

The great philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe hit the nail on the head when he wrote...

"We may INTELLCTUALLY UNDERSTAND what we should do but we are usually OVERWHELMED by our NATURE."

Someone else wrote, I looked in the mirror and saw the enemy.

Our Nan say's, you've either got it or you haven't.

It's like the long term success of Dieters.

The British Journal of Medicine..."In the long run dieting has a miserable track record, after 3 years only 5% have kept the weight off".

Dr Carl Hanegham, Oxford University, his studies were almost identical over a 5 year period.

The reason we find mass scale failure rates is Human Nature and the inability for the individual to change it.

Our Nan say's, they can play around with their back testers, their psychology books, their slimming diets, your either born with it or your not!

Great post.the human brain is wired to lose in the markets.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...4-subconcious-emotional-trade-executions.html