Current events

This is a discussion on Current events within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; It is time for a Union rep to be sitting on all public company boards. There is a lot of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2017, 3:12pm   #25

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread It is time for a Union rep to be sitting on all public company boards. There is a lot of dodgy goings on by greedy directors imho that need airing. More swamp draining !!
Old May 12, 2017, 3:41pm   #26

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
It is time for a Union rep to be sitting on all public company boards. There is a lot of dodgy goings on by greedy directors imho that need airing. More swamp draining !!

Agreed. Do as they do in Germany.

Also, get rid of useless management & fat cat layers. Consolidate and standardise national transport policy. It is an integral part of industrial productivity.

When peeps arrive at work feeling like sh1t creativity effort and drive are all affected in a big way.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:12am   #27

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Looks like a foregone conclusion for the General Election on June 8th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39856354

Never have the candidates seemed so unattractive.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:43am   #28
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Looks like a foregone conclusion for the General Election on June 8th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39856354

Agreed.

Happy to have got a bet on Theresa May on 18th April at 1.17. Odds are now 1.06, have been as low as 1.03.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2017, 10:05am   #29

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread There is in my opinion an alarming tendency for a move away from democracy towards dictatorship. This is evident in Turkey under Erdogan, Russia under Putin, the rise of the right wing parties in Europe, North Korea under Kim, China under Xi and even the USA under Trump.

Not good imho to let autocracy get its way. The people should object to being ruled by extremists of any colour.
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old May 21, 2017, 12:05pm   #30

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
There is in my opinion an alarming tendency for a move away from democracy towards dictatorship. This is evident in Turkey under Erdogan, Russia under Putin, the rise of the right wing parties in Europe, North Korea under Kim, China under Xi and even the USA under Trump.

Not good imho to let autocracy get its way. The people should object to being ruled by extremists of any colour.
Haven't you left out Theresa May?

Calling an election because of only a 16 majority with many MPs raising concerns within her own party.

Then there is Rupert Murdoch's press.

Watching the news last week when LibDems announced manifesto and some female presenter on Sky News asks about Tim Farron's views on pregnancy from 10 years ago and about right to life.

FFS - talk about anything else but the manifesto.

Mind numbingly stupid but are you smart aleks aware of the media bias.

Same goes for Labour. Don't talk about the manifesto, let's talk about how Jeremy Corbyn name not mentioned as opposed to the Labour Party. Let's talk about disunity in the Labour party. Question that's asked was how much do you think Corbyn's been damaged by the infighting in the Labour party? We'll come to the manifesto in the last 30 seconds of the interview.

Democracy by the media circus imo.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:32pm   #31
Joined Feb 2002
May and Trump are dictators?
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2017, 1:17pm   #32

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
There is in my opinion an alarming tendency for a move away from democracy towards dictatorship. This is evident in Turkey under Erdogan, Russia under Putin, the rise of the right wing parties in Europe, North Korea under Kim, China under Xi and even the USA under Trump.

If the people are themselves extremists, then they are getting exactly what they want. This holds true for everyone on your list.