Current events

This is a discussion on Current events within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Pat494 The pundits are expecting Macron to win the French Presidential election. They see the CAC rising ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 7, 2017, 2:57pm   #9
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
The pundits are expecting Macron to win the French Presidential election. They see the CAC rising about 10% by Christmas.
It seems so and I hope so, but the British referendum was a surprise finish---at least, for me. I'm keeping my big mouth shut until the votes are counted!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017, 6:43pm   #10

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread If La Penne wins the French election it will be the end of the Eurozone and maybe the whole EU project. This will affect the UK and of course the EU.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:53pm   #11
Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Well well who would have thought Mr. Macron would top the French polls.
I put it down to people being tired of the same ole bull from the long established parties. They want youth. They want popularist change.
A clever ploy by Emmanuelle (?) cherry picking the best from Left and Right.
He should easily beat the Fascists even after their makeover.
they are afraid of leaving merkel and eu

https://bergersatire.files.wordpress...cron.jpg?w=479
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2017, 9:16am   #12

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread I guess it is too late for a UK populist to drain the Westminster swamp.
Maybe next time.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:30pm   #13

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Labour really can't be serious about re-introducing Nationalisation for the railways can they ? It's been tried and was a complete failure.
They can't seem to understand this country needs to be world competitive to survive. Not much point in regurgitating failed policies. Everything has to be paid for.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:01am   #14
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Labour really can't be serious about re-introducing Nationalisation for the railways can they ? It's been tried and was a complete failure.
They can't seem to understand this country needs to be world competitive to survive. Not much point in regurgitating failed policies. Everything has to be paid for.
I don't know much about what goes on in the UK, anymore, I have to admit, but privatised railways do not seem to be working well.

EU has been tried and is deemed to have been a failure by the Brexiters. Why stop?
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 6:49am   #15

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread I think UKIP was the British populist party but having achieved their aim of Brexit has run out of good ideas.
Labour is trying to dredge up failed policies from the 1960s and the Tories are much the same ole waste money on nuclear submarines etc. and unquestioning support for US policies abroad ( they just waste money in the ME ).
What about the Liberals I hear you say ? A spent force it seems trying to Remain when the last big issue has been decided.

It's going to be a boring election.

Last edited by Pat494; May 12, 2017 at 7:03am.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 7:06am   #16
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Politics has never been more interesting. Wait while the battles really get going

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote