Capitalism

This is a discussion on Capitalism within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by postman So let me get this straight YOU get to decide which of Platos works were good ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:17pm   #391
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post
So let me get this straight YOU get to decide which of Platos works were good or bad and just use the ones that agree with your argument. Conceit beyond belief.
No change there.

What does one expect from someone who believes Charles Darwin's theory of evolution was about killing off the weak.
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:27pm   #392
Joined Oct 2013
Forexmospherian started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiusa View Post
@new_trader

We should have a conservation where we will not have to deal with Mr. temper and F and P.

?

conservation ?

or

conversation ?
Forexmospherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:37pm   #393
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forexmospherian View Post
?

conservation ?

or

conversation ?
Go back to post #388. Is that all? Have you run out arguments? Excuse me, I mean smoke and mirrors.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:20am   #394
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Typical double standard from the left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forexmospherian View Post
Hi n_t

I could write a book about my time with Richard Branson - maybe I will when I fully retire
Quote:
retire
[ riˈtīr ]
VERB

1.leave one's job and cease to work, typically upon reaching the normal age for leaving employment:

synonyms: give up work stop working stop work pack it in

Oxford University Press

Fully retire?? Wait a minute! Retirement is the point where a person stops working and in order to do that you would need another form of income, like interest from your hoarded wealth. Either that or depend on the Government for your retirement and after seeing what has gone on in Greece would you really want to depend on the Government in your old age?

One of your comrades believes that living off hoarded wealth is the preserve of a dispassionate Capitalist society so you could be viewed as a dissenter which could spark a revolution.

You and your comrades need to have a group hug and decide exactly what kind of society you want to live in. It's either a "compassionate" society where you are expected to keep working and working and working until you die, or, a "dispassionate" society that rewards under consumption, excess productivity, savings and investment.

Remember, you need to agree completely with everything your compatriots say because, to paraphrase another one of your fellow comrades; Deciding which philosophies are good or bad and just using the ones that agree with your argument is conceit beyond belief.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: hhiusa
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:50am   #395
jsc
Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I bet Atilla thinks that the money banks loan out comes from a magical printing press so therefore nobody needs to save! Perhaps he actually believes (and it wouldn't surprise me) that the money rich people are 'hoarding' in the bank is actually kept in a shoebox, in a safe, with the rich man's name and a sign on it saying "Don't touch"

After reading Atilla's idiotic post, does anyone here think he understands that savers are CREDITORS to a bank? I'd say he hasn't got the foggiest idea...and he is allegedly a trader and investor...would you trust him with your money after reading what he wrote?

As far as I'm concerned, the rest of Atilla's bizarre post has been discredited by this display of absolute IGNORANCE of basic economics! It really is the MOST retarded left wing logic so far.
Clearly the only trader on here who has never heard of QE.

An idiot.

jsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:59am   #396
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Fully retire?? Wait a minute! Retirement is the point where a person stops working and in order to do that you would need another form of income, like interest from your hoarded wealth. Either that or depend on the Government for your retirement and after seeing what has gone on in Greece would you really want to depend on the Government in your old age?

One of your comrades believes that living off hoarded wealth is the preserve of a dispassionate Capitalist society so you could be viewed as a dissenter which could spark a revolution.

You and your comrades need to have a group hug and decide exactly what kind of society you want to live in. It's either a "compassionate" society where you are expected to keep working and working and working until you die, or, a "dispassionate" society that rewards under consumption, excess productivity, savings and investment.

Remember, you need to agree completely with everything your compatriots say because, to paraphrase another one of your fellow comrades; Deciding which philosophies are good or bad and just using the ones that agree with your argument is conceit beyond belief.


NT you are not funny!

Your really are blinkered in a narrow area of fiat currencies, gold standard with a theoretical limited interpretation of the numerous capitalistic systems out there.

In general mass accumulation of wealth does not translate into productivity at all!

Purpose and objective of money is to change hands. It's designed for exchange. Greater the frequency of exchange greater the benefit of money to all. This is a simple practical virtue of money. It's not theory so you may well struggle to grasp the significance of it all.


You've probably heard of the Marshall Plan but knowing about it is one thing and appreciating and understanding it's concept is another. Reason for it was because at the end of WWII the US had all the money and industry rest of EU had been bombed and broken with no money. So the Marshall plan was introduced giving aid and money for development to take place.

Yes I appreciate the finer issues of interest, savings and investment and taxation and government spending, imports and exports as injections and leakages etc. Yes one can say the capitalist process of bank loans, savings and interest exists in determining the allocation of savings to those who are able to pay highest interest rates. Blah blah blah. Yes all very good at theoretical level.


Laugh and ridicule the point as much as you want. Always good to see people enjoying them selves. Stupid people also laugh and enjoy simple things in life too.


Here is another example for you to laugh at. The way I think of it, is instead of one child playing with 10 toys it would be better if 10 children played together with one toy? Rather than a miserable stinchy child growing up to be a scratchy little sh1t hogging it all. Contrary to your tight arsed beliefs more fun could be had by all.


Ofcourse I'm talking about the beautiful game of football. A super global game that's a lot of fun, builds on team work and the spirit where the goal is the collective joy of the whole team, tribe, nation even a continent.

Do you see my point?


Not equal but equitable distribution of wealth makes for greater number of happier people and society...

Accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few - don't!
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Forexmospherian
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:38pm   #397
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Never argue with idiots!

The fact that you and your left wing comrades actually think that Q.E is a substitute for real savings is enough to make me resign from this thread. It isnt the insults that bother me, it is the astounding ignorance of economics that does. You have certainly achieved your dream of equality in that area. Goodbye.

UNSUBSCRIBED.
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:13pm   #398
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Here is another example for you to laugh at. The way I think of it, is instead of one child playing with 10 toys it would be better if 10 children played together with one toy? Rather than a miserable stinchy child growing up to be a scratchy little sh1t hogging it all. Contrary to your tight arsed beliefs more fun could be had by all.

Ofcourse I'm talking about the beautiful game of football. A super global game that's a lot of fun, builds on team work and the spirit where the goal is the collective joy of the whole team, tribe, nation even a continent.

Not equal but [COLOR="Red]equitable[/COLOR] distribution of wealth makes for greater number of happier people and society...

Accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few - don't!
@Atilla is calling people names again. No surprise there.

You keep saying not equal but equitable distribution. If it is not equal, then everyone will not get the same amount. You are saying that it is equitable even though it is unequal. If you are using equitable in the sense that it means fair and impartial, how do you plan to achieve this unequal but impartial distribution of wealth.

Click the image to open in full size.

It is not better for 10 children to play with one toy than for a single child to play with one toy. That one child is not being stingy. I think we can give you therapy in this thread. It sounds as though you did not get enough toys or attention as a child, leading to your explosive outbursts.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:47pm   #399
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
The fact that you and your left wing comrades actually think that Q.E is a substitute for real savings is enough to make me resign from this thread. It isn’t the insults that bother me, it is the astounding ignorance of economics that does. You have certainly achieved your dream of equality in that area. Goodbye.

UNSUBSCRIBED.

Ignorance of economics? REALLY?

More like your lack of comprehension of the written word.

Dream of what equality? Still arguing with voices in your head - you sad nincompoop?

I recommend you learn the the difference between equality and equity.


That's because you guys don't have real fundamental understanding of the subject matter and as soon as you hit a new concept you revert back to type what you are familiar with. Black or white. You are either with us or against us.

You then go around mocking and insulting speaking highly of your understanding of subject matter which is highly objectionable and exists in very narrow theory outside of practice. You have failed to show any evidence of it other than cherry pick to suit your big head.


This is primarily because in practice it's a sh1te approach to capitalism which has been rejected by pretty much all countries and nations. Including those who proclaim to be it's greatest supporters.

I can imagine you having a good old argument with your reflection in the mirror too.


I have also added you to my ignore list as no point in discussing fiat currencies, gold or capitalism with you ever again.

I much prefer to feed chips and watch seagulls fly, squawk and poop all over the place.

__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:09pm   #400
jsc
Joined Feb 2006
Always remember...

Attached Thumbnails
seagulls.jpg  
jsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:12pm   #401
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Ignorance of economics? REALLY?

More like your lack of comprehension of the written word.

Dream of what equality? Still arguing with voices in your head - you sad nincompoop?

I recommend you learn the the difference between equality and equity.


That's because you guys don't have real fundamental understanding of the subject matter and as soon as you hit a new concept you revert back to type what you are familiar with. Black or white. You are either with us or against us.

You then go around mocking and insulting speaking highly of your understanding of subject matter which is highly objectionable and exists in very narrow theory outside of practice. You have failed to show any evidence of it other than cherry pick to suit your big head.


This is primarily because in practice it's a sh1te approach to capitalism which has been rejected by pretty much all countries and nations. Including those who proclaim to be it's greatest supporters.

I can imagine you having a good old argument with your reflection in the mirror too.


I have also added you to my ignore list as no point in discussing fiat currencies, gold or capitalism with you ever again.

I much prefer to feed chips and watch seagulls fly, squawk and poop all over the place.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Do you know how many times you have said that you will put me on your ignore list? You keep saying that but either you don't know how or you think it is just sounds threatening. By all means, stop replying to my posts.

All those behaviors are things you do. That is quite a deflection.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:56pm   #402
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Not kidding jsc,

Throwing chips and watching these noisy birds catch chips before it drops to the water is great fun. Me and my little girl have great fun throwing them.

The acroflybatics is amazing to watch.
What happened to ignoring to my posts? This is the capitalism thread. If @new_trader leaves, then one half of the intelligent population of this thread leaves.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:43pm   #403
Joined Oct 2013
Forexmospherian started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiusa View Post
What happened to ignoring to my posts? This is the capitalism thread. If @new_trader leaves, then one half of the intelligent population of this thread leaves.

Hi Hhiusa

Shame to see n_ t has left the debate - so now we only have to make you realise how isolated you are with your ultra right wing views

I look upon it and have said this already, that you are a "black or white" person - ie yes or no and no grey areas.

So first of all its important for you to confirm that you do accept that life is not simply black or white. If you cannot accept that - then I think its not even worth discussing any more with you.

Next point - both of you have kept saying this thread is full of left wing socialists.

If you honestly think that - then you mental age must be under 10 - and I know its not

In terms of difference - ie a scale from say ultra left wing to ultra right wing - you probably have it as 0 to 3 maximum

I prefer to look at it from 0 to 100 and will clarify further

Here's the basic model -

http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...s-right-world/

Now - I have not got a clue how many political parties you have in the US - but in the UK and in Europe you normally have from 3 to 10+

In the last UK General Election in May this year - we had over 5 main parties but only 2 would have more than 65% of the voting population

Yet again - you can only visualize two concepts - left wing - right wing - and anything in between - or the "grey" area maybe does not even exist in your model.

The conservatives did win the UK election - and I for one was delighted - but their policies would have you calling them very left wing - ie a working wage - big investment in the NHS - emphasis on catching tax dodgers - cut back on hand outs - but also still very much in favour of the working citizens and giving them more tax savings etc

With regards to your economic model - can I just say there are more members of Mensa who or mid centre to left wing than very right wing - and as you and n-t know Mensa has a minimum IQ level of 135 ( I think ) and the majority of the population would be between 80 and 115 - or something like that.

So that puts the intelligence debate firmly on the side of all contributors other than you two ultra right wingers..

Now if we can continue to have an intelligent debate with you knowing that you are not dealing with a load of lefties then that would be great

Also it would be interesting to get n-t back to hear more about is own economic model - could he be more ultra right then you ??? - no surely

Regards


F
Forexmospherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:03pm   #404
 
darktone's Avatar
Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I bet Atilla thinks that the money banks loan out comes from a magical printing press so therefore nobody needs to save! Perhaps he actually believes (and it wouldn't surprise me) that the money rich people are 'hoarding' in the bank is actually kept in a shoebox, in a safe, with the rich man's name and a sign on it saying "Don't touch"

After reading Atilla's idiotic post, does anyone here think he understands that savers are CREDITORS to a bank? I'd say he hasn't got the foggiest idea...and he is allegedly a trader and investor...would you trust him with your money after reading what he wrote?

As far as I'm concerned, the rest of Atilla's bizarre post has been discredited by this display of absolute IGNORANCE of basic economics! It really is the MOST retarded left wing logic so far.
Lulz

Loans create deposits old boy, not the other way around.


Here a little linky to get you up to speed. http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Pages/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1.aspx

Oh, with regards to the hoarding you keep mentioning. Remember the golden rule.
Click the image to open in full size.


-------------------

Theres some on QE near the end of the video for thems whats fuzzy. Not sure if BOE bought any MBS etc toilet. Unlike the FED.

At least if you got some idea of how the system works. You got a stab at what it means for you.

Simply. Banks create money, from nothing, at interest. What does this mean for you?? That is the question. Go find out.
__________________
Me and you, we is largely the same bruv! We dont know sht! The difference is, I know I dont know sht!!

Last edited by darktone; Jul 17, 2015 at 7:11pm.
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:16pm   #405
 
darktone's Avatar
Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiusa View Post
Why don't we count the number of times that @Forexmospherian has mentioned that he has worked for Richard Branson.
@new_trader
What you have said about socialism = popular is so true. "In vino veritas" as you have said about this thread. "What's right isn't always popular. What's popular isn't always right."
- Howard Cosell
I reckon your likey likeys for nt's post has already beaten that score.

Mmhmm, ahhhhh yeaaaah.
__________________
Me and you, we is largely the same bruv! We dont know sht! The difference is, I know I dont know sht!!
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capitalism barjon Trading Journals 21 Mar 22, 2015 11:22pm
Government capitalism (rofl) YouAreNotFree The Foyer 0 Aug 21, 2012 11:25am
The revolution of capitalism - John Gray Black Swan General Trading Chat 17 Sep 13, 2011 5:04pm
Socialism, Capitalism or what ? Pat494 The Foyer 45 Sep 1, 2010 10:55am
Capitalism without failure is like religion without sin Dispassionate Economic & Fundamental Analysis 53 Oct 9, 2007 1:21pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)