Currency Strength Meter

This is a discussion on Currency Strength Meter within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hi There are many useful meters out there which constantly (dde feed) into metatrader etc, and tell us which currencies ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 2, 2010, 6:10pm   #1

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Lightbulb Currency Strength Meter

Hi

There are many useful meters out there which constantly (dde feed) into metatrader etc, and tell us which currencies are strongest (in rank order) to weakness.

"Fatman" by Hawkeye, and "Currency strength meter" by Tom Yeomans are all available at a price, as are free meters (but the free ones have no history available, so you can't gauge trend strength with established strength v weakness of a currency).

Does anyone have any excel spreadsheet or formula I could use that would help me build my own meter?

I know that on a basic level, I could flip through all currency pairs on my trading platform and get a visual check on how the single currencies are doing, but if there is anyone with a specific formula, it would be interesting to review.

Thanks all

P Fulop
son of soros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 3:19pm   #2

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Thumbs up Re: Currency Strength Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of soros View Post
Hi

There are many useful meters out there which constantly (dde feed) into metatrader etc, and tell us which currencies are strongest (in rank order) to weakness.

"Fatman" by Hawkeye, and "Currency strength meter" by Tom Yeomans are all available at a price, as are free meters (but the free ones have no history available, so you can't gauge trend strength with established strength v weakness of a currency).

Does anyone have any excel spreadsheet or formula I could use that would help me build my own meter?

I know that on a basic level, I could flip through all currency pairs on my trading platform and get a visual check on how the single currencies are doing, but if there is anyone with a specific formula, it would be interesting to review.

Thanks all

P Fulop
Try these meters buddy, they have helped me big time in my trading!
One is Trend dashboard from FOREX BRILLIANCE, and the other is The Currecncy Meter, from NEWS PROFITEER, both amazing(for me!), both FREE! good luck!
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:54am   #3

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Re: Currency Strength Meter

son of soros started this thread Thanks MuscleXT, that's great. The newsprofiteer is a great one......

however I was wondering if anyone new the formala these guys use to produce the meters? I can then produce my own in excel - which unlike newsprofiteer etc - could give a history of each currency's strength, rather than just a snapshot of the currency strength in the present moment.

Cheers, and enjoy the bank holiday weekend
son of soros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:13am   #4

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Hi

Thanks all

P Fulop
I looked at both sites and cant see that anything is free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:34pm   #5
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
Thanks MuscleXT, that's great. The newsprofiteer is a great one......

however I was wondering if anyone new the formala these guys use to produce the meters? I can then produce my own in excel - which unlike newsprofiteer etc - could give a history of each currency's strength, rather than just a snapshot of the currency strength in the present moment.

Cheers, and enjoy the bank holiday weekend
There is already an Excel version but whether it uses the same formulas is an unknown.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:33pm   #6

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
I looked at both sites and cant see that anything is free
You need to sign up(free), and you will get more than just the meters, I picked these meters and it has helped me with my trading big time!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:46am   #7
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Hi

Thanks all

P Fulop
Hi mate...

plenty of freebee indicators out there (like mine) that can deliver what you need above ....but assuming you are totally in need of an Excel version for other purposes ?

I Think JRP who posts on my thread may have something if you realy want excel

really think you need to dig deeper first though on the quality of the free stuff now out there..... lat time i looked toms (yeomans) was $600 CAD a pop ...and jason fielder seems to be seling a strenghtmeter soon for ......$2000.... if his track record is anythng to go by !!!

dig deeper

Regards
NVP
i've been developing forex strengthmeters now for over 13 years - if you have questions or want to discuss Vendor products ask me for help ! What is a Forex Strengthmeter ? http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...rs-basics.html The FXCorrelator - All my Indicators & simple systems http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post2197030FXCorrelator.com is being updated .....so watch this space
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote