Signal Providers

This is a discussion on Signal Providers within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hi all, hope to get a response this time . i'm a newbie and tried technical analysis for last few ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:03pm   #1

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Signal Providers

Hi all,

hope to get a response this time . i'm a newbie and tried technical analysis for last few weeks without much trading success. way too many indicators and conflicting signals. however i did get a weeks trial with a company and while i didn't trade , all of their 4 signals were a success.

can somebody please recommend a reputable signal provider or inform me as to their experience with same. i am also looking for a software product and would be delighted to hear from anyone with their recommendations.

thanks
limerickmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:14pm   #2

Joined Jan 2007
Hang on isnt captain currency in your neck of the woods ? Think he does fund management and of course his 3 ducks method is online to quack about with

I mean perhaps someone or CC does an alert service on pairs that individuals can execute for themselves , if thats what the client is looking for etc...

How much time do you have for you to " be available" to execute these orders etc... as opposed to managed funds etc...

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Coin, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Coin in the morning."~ Colonel Coin
Crap Buddist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:57pm   #3

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
limerickmick started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap Buddist View Post
Hang on isnt captain currency in your neck of the woods ? Think he does fund management and of course his 3 ducks method is online to quack about with

I mean perhaps someone or CC does an alert service on pairs that individuals can execute for themselves , if thats what the client is looking for etc...

How much time do you have for you to " be available" to execute these orders etc... as opposed to managed funds etc...
cheers for response and just interested in hearing what type of service people receive from providers prior to making further commitments
Old Mar 1, 2008, 9:49pm   #4
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickmick View Post
cheers for response and just interested in hearing what type of service people receive from providers prior to making further commitments

Market is dynamic and trading is not just about the entry signal.It is more about money management,entry,exit,trade management,profit management,risk management etc

OILFXPRO
oilfxpro is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:27pm   #5

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
limerickmick started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfxpro View Post
Market is dynamic and trading is not just about the entry signal.It is more about money management,entry,exit,trade management,profit management,risk management etc

OILFXPRO

thanks for response oilfxpro and many thanks for your postings on the cable breakout system which i am intending to trade.

your comments are very apt at the moment as i am currently spread betting on forex but away from computer from 8 am to 5 pm so need to get a company that facilitates trailing stop losses. think that would be a first step towards improving money management.

cheers again for response
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:54am   #6

Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Hi all,

hope to get a response this time . i'm a newbie and tried technical analysis for last few weeks without much trading success. way too many indicators and conflicting signals. however i did get a weeks trial with a company and while i didn't trade , all of their 4 signals were a success.

can somebody please recommend a reputable signal provider or inform me as to their experience with same. i am also looking for a software product and would be delighted to hear from anyone with their recommendations.

thanks
limerickmick, look no further. I am more than willing to help you and am one of the only persons on here capable of profitably managing your account.

I have one of the longest running threads and one of the only ones consistently making profitable calls.

Please ask other members here about me.

DT
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:56am   #7

Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap Buddist View Post

3 Ducks has never proved to be a profitable strategy. In fact you won't find any consistent calls on that thread.

DT
Old Mar 8, 2008, 2:56pm   #8

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Hi all,

thanks
have a look at the systems on at Collective2 - The Trading System Authority.

It's fair to say if they're a reflection of the services available, don't rush in.

That's not to say none are worth a look, but don't be fooled by randomness. There's a lot of systems there and at any point in time, some have to look good.

UTB
Old Mar 8, 2008, 4:33pm   #9

Joined Jan 2008
Again OILFXPRO.... you are bang on.,. limerickmick please dont waste your precious time on this earth puzzling over systems and signals..etc etc...

This may sound a tad cheesy but...

you would be better to spend your time trying to understand what the market is, and how it lives and breathes.. i.e know your enemy...

If you believe that a "system" will work then dont you think we would all have worked it out by now ? and if we had would we be sharing it with every Tom Dick and Harry on the internet ???

Having a "strategy" in terms of signal buying and "systems" etc. does not work PERIOD... I defy any one to prove it over a meaningful period of time !!! results on a postcard boys...

OILFX hit ths nail squarly on the head... your trading activities should take into account everything from your own emotional profile through to money management, through to risk...

It never fails to amaze me how many people believe they can learn to make money by trading ... its bizarre !!
normbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:00pm   #10
Joined Nov 2007
Normbeef

If somebody gave u signals ,and u get 7 losing trades in a row and it has cost u additional pips for signal services,will u carry on after the 7 th trade?Now u are in a loss

Join the 95% club!

OILFXPRO
Old Mar 8, 2008, 7:01pm   #11

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blades View Post

It's fair to say if they're a reflection of the services available, don't rush in.

That's not to say none are worth a look, but don't be fooled by randomness. There's a lot of systems there and at any point in time, some have to look good.

UTB
another useful link - fx245.com. This forum is for people who auto-trade forex signal providers - and the last time I looked nobody was doing too well. Each system does well for a time but then blows up as the market shifts. I suspect this is ever more pominent in forex, with so many people generating new automated systems for so few currency pairs.

UTB
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:21pm   #12

Joined Jan 2008
Suprise suprise !!!
normbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:10pm   #13
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blades View Post

UTB
In my opinion Collective site is fully of rehashed freely available systems sold for a price and signals by some of the top scammers

OILFXPRO
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:16am   #14
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
In my opinion Collective site is fully of rehashed freely available systems sold for a price and signals by some of the top scammers
Is there anyone anywhere not involved in scamming ?

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 7:45am   #15
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
Is there anyone anywhere not involved in scamming ?

Paul
Paul

After spending years on message boards I have yet to see an honest service. I will probably not see it in this life

The following applies to all types of ''make you a fortune' software ,signal service,horse betting signals service.. (especially Horse Racing, Markets, Forex etc etc etc)

If the software or signal service was any good, then the owners would be using the software/signals to make money, not wasting their time selling it to you .....

... the fact they ARE selling it means they can make MORE money selling the software/signals than using it to play the markets

OILFXPRO