Where can I get the quickest access to news

This is a discussion on Where can I get the quickest access to news within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hello, Where can I get the quickest FREE access to the figures from these daily economic news releases? Obviously, I ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:00pm   #1
Joined Sep 2017
Where can I get the quickest access to news

Hello,

Where can I get the quickest FREE access to the figures from these daily economic news releases?
Obviously, I cannot be there in person when they release it, so where could I look to in order to get the figures ASAP?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Nowler; Oct 16, 2017 at 12:06am.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:18pm   #2
Joined Oct 2008
https://ransquawk.com/

There are other similar services available.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:07am   #3
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
https://ransquawk.com/

There are other similar services available.
Thanks for that mate.
Unfortunately they are too expensive for me.
Maybe in 12 months or so I could afford to purchase it.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:23am   #4
 
2 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
What do you need?

Do you need access to the news posts? or do you need to automatize some actions?

If you only need access to the news posts you could create some twitter lists with the main site of the sector. For example, you could create a twitter list with some of the main authors of forexlive, fxstreet, dailyfx...

Other options could be to follow them by using some RSS readers. There is a bunch of apps that could help you with that.

Let me know if you need some more specific advise!
Marc Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Nowler
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:13pm   #5
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Joan View Post
What do you need?

Do you need access to the news posts? or do you need to automatize some actions?

If you only need access to the news posts you could create some twitter lists with the main site of the sector. For example, you could create a twitter list with some of the main authors of forexlive, fxstreet, dailyfx...

Other options could be to follow them by using some RSS readers. There is a bunch of apps that could help you with that.

Let me know if you need some more specific advise!
This was very helpful mate, thanks.
I did a little reading into RSS readers and that sounds very much like what I want.

I basically trade forex and commodities on a spread bet account. While I don't typically trade the news I am trying it out and apart from needing general information on high importance events (which I go to 2 sites and perhaps twitter for currently) I also would like as close to real time updates with the event as it unfolds. Preferably for free but willing to spend a little.

I would therefore be up to date on current high importance events and in a better position to decide whether to exit an ongoing trade or let it ride. Perhaps even taking up a trade on the event... If I had a one stop shop for the few places I look to find an understanding then that would be fantastic.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:01pm   #6
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Tradingeconomics.com

When you go to the site you will get a popup notification to allow alerts. Select yes

When news releases come out you will have a notification within a second on the release. I tested this and it works brilliantly (better than sites like fx factory)

Its faster than ransquawk premium
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:09pm   #7
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Tradingeconomics.com

When you go to the site you will get a popup notification to allow alerts. Select yes

When news releases come out you will have a notification within a second on the release. I tested this and it works brilliantly (better than sites like fx factory)

Its faster than ransquawk premium
Wow... I actually use that site on occasion for interest rates and inflation...never noticed that alert section!

Thank you sir!
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:14pm   #8
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Wow... I actually use that site on occasion for interest rates and inflation...never noticed that alert section!

Thank you sir!
It isn't a separate section on the site. The site provides notifications and your browser should pick this up and ask your permission. If it doesn't check the help for instructions to enable it.
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News trading - ideas how to trade news as markets move too fast at news tine to get ? theneedforspeed First Steps 9 Aug 7, 2016 9:49pm
How can I access the 8am news? MrBrilliant First Steps 10 Oct 5, 2013 8:46am
UK fox news aka Sky News doing its nut over Tory failure Black Swan The Foyer 2 May 12, 2010 5:06pm
Quickest IB Platform Order Exectution elsaQ Brokerages 30 May 25, 2007 3:40am
Quickest Data feed Lord Flasheart Data Feeds 2 Apr 12, 2006 5:52pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)