searching for best trading company

This is a discussion on searching for best trading company within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; this has probably been asked before, but im new on here so wouldnt know where to look. im currently using ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:36am   #1

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
searching for best trading company

this has probably been asked before, but im new on here so wouldnt know where to look.

im currently using capitol spreads, they very kindly recently dropped the margins on a few instruments (although they didnt mention in the email that they increased it on quite a few others).
the thing i find very annoying is the way they slow down the response rate or cut the connection completely in times of quick and large price movements.
many times ive been trying to make a few quick trades to take advantage of news releases etc only to find the trading window hanging. ether i cant start a trade or stop a live one. it happened again last night, i missed out on what would have been a quick 65 pips purely because of capitol spreads restricting trading for a few mins.

i was originally with city index but moved to capitol for the same reason but have realised they are just as bad.

is this normal practise for eveyone or are there some companies that dont do it, or at least not to such a degree.
spreadmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:40am   #2

Joined Nov 2007
Re: searching for best trading company

IG - the rest are crooks pretty much. Especially Capital Spreads.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:42am   #3

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2009

spreadmonkey started this thread thanks, ill go see what i can dig up about them, i worked out for myself about the amount of crooks out there, just makes me more determined to get as much out of this as i can.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:43am   #4

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
IG - the rest are crooks pretty much. Especially Capital Spreads.
All the SB firms are crooks. Some a bit less than others.
donaldduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:42am   #5

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduke View Post
All the SB firms are crooks. Some a bit less than others.
Fo shizzle, but IG lies near the top for "least crooked" SB firm.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:06pm   #6

Joined Oct 2009

Have a go at using Trade Fair, 1 pip spread on EU and I have had no problems with them closing trading. For quick scalping their platform is quick and easy to use and easy on the eye!! In fact I have made money from their pricing being out of sink on EU at times i.e. market moves up 30 pips and their prices stays low.

My main account (and 80% of funds) will always remain with IG Index though...
BlueChilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:59pm   #7

6 Posts
Joined Dec 2009

spreadmonkey started this thread ive set up a demo ac with IG. do they only do CFD.
im in the uk and would prefer to stick with SB if possible. or is there no difference regarding operation and tax etc