Binary Options Con/Scam

This is a discussion on Binary Options Con/Scam within the Fixed Odds forums, part of the Commercial category; So Mr Stone -What happens to client money if your "reputed" firm goes down??? _ are you a market maker? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:17am   #17
Joined Aug 2012
Re: Binary Options Con/Scam

So Mr Stone
-What happens to client money if your "reputed" firm goes down???
_ are you a market maker? ...for people to win do you have to loose?
- If you say "we hedge the exposure" is that disclosed? at all? and how
- Take FTSE option on your firm are they based upon Official FTSE value or soem value "Dervied" by you? which we can't dispute?
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:56am   #18

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by moka2 View Post
This is not about broker bashing but to highlight what kind of stupid risks come in to picture when such a product/ broker choses to run away from more established regulators..
"Regulations crap" is what you vetsed interest going to say all the time.. but none of you have addressed the addditional risk questions raised
SO Mr Stone and Mr Fielder why don;t you honestly answer some of the questions raised

Why shoudl anybody trust a small broker ina jursdictions where it is realtively easy to get a so called Broker Licence over a broker regulated in a large and established jurisdction.
Tray and do this in AUS without a proper licence and you will end up in Jail
and that is a win for consumer
I mean Binary looks attractive ye ssure get in to main market and 3earn respect first
With little disrespect to your thoughts regarding regulation but the main issue is not the regulation but the product itself.

Even lottery tickets are based on mathematically acceptable market approaches. 1000 people give in $10 each generate $10,000. The winners get $8,000 payout and the rest goes to the fat hairy tax man.

In the case of binary options you expect 1000 people to pay $10 each and promise every one $8000 payout and the give each of them the technical ability to win it also. The brokers cannot pay $8000,000 while raising only $10,000 assuming every participant gets the market direction correct.

The mathematics of binary options with 150% or 200% payouts does not work hence there would never be a sound regulatory body approving such a product.

The correct license for this product should come under the "gaming" or specifically "gambling" where every one is aware that the house has the upper edge.

Its a gaming product and should be treated as such.

With correct regulation, customers can at least be assured to be paid in case they win "acceptable" amounts.

Last edited by safvan; Oct 31, 2012 at 7:02am.
safvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Vasco da Banana
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:07am   #19
Joined Sep 2012

Dude - I've said it about 5 other posts specifically addressed to you:
You obviously won't trust an unregulated broker for reasons you've expressed and I dont and didn't disagree. I think your argument is very good. It's useless though. That's my point. You are arguing only for those who are going in wanting regulation, only regulation, and damn the unregulated. Ok. But what about people WHO DON'T want to trade with the IGs of the world? That was what I have been answering. The risk is not an issue for those who can't or won't trade with the regulated and I can give you reasons why they wouldn't want to. It's not the issue. There are people who like product X and those who like product Y. I just happen to be more open to defending the unregulated as I can't stand the zealotry surrounding regulation. Sending some ahole to jail DOES NOT HELP CONSUMERS !!!! So either tell me how regulation dropped costs, lowered spreads, increased liquidity, lowered the demands of the consumer when opening an account, ANYTHING - and i'd agree.

Those who want regulation won't listen to me or Mr stone or anyone else. So it's pointless
Those who don't necessarily want regulation - probably understood my argument

Have a good day
Mr. Fielder has left the building
davidfielder is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:19am   #20
Joined Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by safvan View Post
With little disrespect to your thoughts regarding regulation but the main issue is not the regulation but the product itself.

Even lottery tickets are based on mathematically acceptable market approaches. 1000 people give in $10 each generate $10,000. The winners get $8,000 payout and the rest goes to the fat hairy tax man.

In the case of binary options you expect 1000 people to pay $10 each and promise every one $8000 payout and the give each of them the technical ability to win it also. The brokers cannot pay $8000,000 while raising only $10,000 assuming every participant gets the market direction correct.

The mathematics of binary options with 150% or 200% payouts does not work hence there would never be a sound regulatory body approving such a product.

The correct license for this product should come under the "gaming" or specifically "gambling" where every one is aware that the house has the upper edge.

Its a gaming product and should be treated as such.

With correct regulation, customers can at least be assured to be paid in case they win "acceptable" amounts.
Ok, back in the building
Your math is wrong
And your assumption is wrong
MIFID has already agreed to step in to regulate binaires post CYSEC regulation (sometime in early 2013 with much of the regulation kicking in before official launch already on the 1st of Jan 2013). Meaning, your argument is moot - one touch options (those 200% and even 800% winning payouts ARE in fact going to be regulated).

Your math sucks cause you can construct 1 touch options using vanillas - which if you knew anything about the math behind the vanillas would lead you to the simple conclusion that as opposed to directional correctness, the statistical probability of guessing the right touch strike is very low and much lower than 10%, thus leverage based on the cost of said option (using simple vanilla call puts) would lead to a cost of option that is very low. So..... the cost vs reward in such a strategy would be a scenario that could theoretically far exceed 800% or even 5000% ! Trade some vanillas, learn the math, then come back with a round about argument that makes actual sense man.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:34am   #21
Joined Aug 2012

Safwan:
Yes Product risk is important so is broker risk
David,
Dude and my point is the unregualted products and ease of promoting those gives rise to crooks
Once again show me these unregulated products are less or equally risky to exchang traded and I would agree
-I can't see teh liquidity
- I am dealing with Market maker
- I ca't question the settlement
So what you say to that why won;t you anser the specifics
Ad your suggestions that small accounts should not worry too much for Broker safety etc is just irresponsible
Donlt think I am suporting IG either they are bigger but the risk for a consumer are similar
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:36am   #22
Joined Aug 2012

Regulated by CYSEC .. LOL as comapred to FINRA, SEC, ASIC, FSA etc.. why even bother? why even CYSEC
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:45am   #23
Joined Sep 2012

Can you see the liquidity when trading forex with a regulated broker?????
Even if you could how would this help you in any way as a retail trader? And please for the love of all things holy do not try to tell me that a retail trader can read into depth of market. Cause if he could, he isn't a retail trader. And in that case, he can still use a platform relying on ECN and still trade with an UNREGULATED broker. So this has nothing to do with regulation. It has to do with PRODUCT.

Some people eat hamburgers at fast food places. I don't. I think the people that eat there are crazy and are taking huge RISKS with their life! But I don't create or walk into forums preaching this. To each his own. And yes - they are the same.

Irresponsbile again is not the issue - the regulated brokers of the world are not a good solution for everyone. And there are reasons for this. Just like if you were to raise the tax on a fatty hamburger that is 2000% more likely to cause a coronary, wouldn't stop people from eating the filth. It doesn't make it irresponsible of me to promote the burgers. It just means that people need to be smart and understand what risks exist. And if you really want to know - I think that 75% of people know what they are getting into. Know that the company may fall and not return their cash. Yet they do it anyway - and nothing a regualtor does will ever stop it. And my final point is that this is GOOD. As those unregulated brokers are usually much better at servicing the customer. So assuming the vast majority of people lose money - and they do, at least they get better support and training at the unregulated brokers
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:44am   #24

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfielder View Post
Ok, back in the building
Your math is wrong
And your assumption is wrong
MIFID has already agreed to step in to regulate binaires post CYSEC regulation (sometime in early 2013 with much of the regulation kicking in before official launch already on the 1st of Jan 2013). Meaning, your argument is moot - one touch options (those 200% and even 800% winning payouts ARE in fact going to be regulated).

Your math sucks cause you can construct 1 touch options using vanillas - which if you knew anything about the math behind the vanillas would lead you to the simple conclusion that as opposed to directional correctness, the statistical probability of guessing the right touch strike is very low and much lower than 10%, thus leverage based on the cost of said option (using simple vanilla call puts) would lead to a cost of option that is very low. So..... the cost vs reward in such a strategy would be a scenario that could theoretically far exceed 800% or even 5000% ! Trade some vanillas, learn the math, then come back with a round about argument that makes actual sense man.
Absolute nonsense. No single party on the other side of the trade (should it really exist) is continuously going to risk such volatility.

There is NO central exchange for the majority of these unregulated brokers. They make the market period.

The only exception to this rule as you have uttered in your ramblings is the play of probability.

Bank gathers the fortunes from the pubic and runs its business till there is a bank run.

Binary options with 800% payouts will never be regulated by an authority with "regulated neurons" capable of thinking rationally unless they agree to the probability argument but that is still not discounting the fact that no central liquidity provision system exists for the majority of option gaming products.

So Mr Einstein of "How I became a Billionaire in 30 days" book, the mathematical weightage you are giving to the potential wins over losses in this scenario lies within the confines of the gambling products and not from money management risks overseen by regulated exchanges.

I am fine with these products advertised as gambling games with some edge given the customers. It needs to if customer retention is of some importance.

Oversell your childish Bull Sh**t to some one else.

Last edited by safvan; Oct 31, 2012 at 8:58am.
safvan is offline   Reply With Quote