IG Index/Binary Bet Rejections

This is a discussion on IG Index/Binary Bet Rejections within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by donaldduke Somewhere around 10K in profits. Although these days the spreads are so wide and the premiums ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:30pm   #17
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduke View Post
Somewhere around 10K in profits. Although these days the spreads are so wide and the premiums so high its hard to make a profit. Its like betting on a coin toss these days.
Thanks DD. Does anyone know of any other companies offering 5 min binaries other than IG or Extrabet ?
markt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:50am   #18
Joined Oct 2004
markt99 - I respect what DD has posted but his opinion is just that . . . his opinion.
You will only know for sure if they are profitable for you and whether IG cap your winnings by playing the IG binaries yourself.
Of course, it's not easy to win consistently and profitably . . . infact it's damn hard . . . but it can be done.
A couple of reasons why, in my opinion, the 5 minute binaries are a good play:
1. there are so many of them; therefore one can quickly gain experience.
2. often the market is rangebound for most of the day after it has made its opening move thus making it difficult to make much intraday profit by a spread bet. The 5 minute binaries have the effect of amplifying small points moves and so most 5 minute periods offer the chance to make a profit.
Naturally, I wouldn't be so keen on them unless I was making consistent profits myself!!!
They suit me but won't suit everyone . . . so as I said you will only find out if they're for you by having a go.
Sharepunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:19am   #19

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Hey guys,
Which IGMARKETS do you trade? The US igmarkets does not have 5min does the UK one do?

thanks!
Riggs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:40pm   #20
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharepunter View Post
markt99 - I respect what DD has posted but his opinion is just that . . . his opinion.
You will only know for sure if they are profitable for you and whether IG cap your winnings by playing the IG binaries yourself.
Of course, it's not easy to win consistently and profitably . . . infact it's damn hard . . . but it can be done.
A couple of reasons why, in my opinion, the 5 minute binaries are a good play:
1. there are so many of them; therefore one can quickly gain experience.
2. often the market is rangebound for most of the day after it has made its opening move thus making it difficult to make much intraday profit by a spread bet. The 5 minute binaries have the effect of amplifying small points moves and so most 5 minute periods offer the chance to make a profit.
Naturally, I wouldn't be so keen on them unless I was making consistent profits myself!!!
They suit me but won't suit everyone . . . so as I said you will only find out if they're for you by having a go.

Thanks Sharepunter. It was 5 min binaries I am looking at simply because there are so many trading oportunities a day
Have you tried withdrawing your profits yet?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 1:04am   #21
Joined Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
Thanks Sharepunter. It was 5 min binaries I am looking at simply because there are so many trading oportunities a day
Have you tried withdrawing your profits yet?
I've experienced no problems withdrawing profits.
Incidentally, awful day yesterday (Thursday).
Market character changed from the benign conditions of the past couple of weeks.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:34am   #22
Joined Oct 2004
Re: IG Index/Binary Bet Rejections

It looks as though IG have put me on manual execution as a number of my orders (but not all) have been delayed over the last couple of days. Coincidently, I had my most profitable week ever last week.
Oh well, guess I'll just have to adapt to the new conditions.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:58am   #23
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
It looks as though IG have put me on manual execution as a number of my orders (but not all) have been delayed over the last couple of days. Coincidently, I had my most profitable week ever last week.
Do you think last week took you over some threshold - was in profitable in monetary terms or number of winning trades?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:17am   #24

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
What's your bet timeframe? Minutes? Hours? Days?