IG Index/Binary Bet Rejections

This is a discussion on IG Index/Binary Bet Rejections within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by markt99 Thanks Sharepunter. It was 5 min binaries I am looking at simply because there are so ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:04am   #21
Joined Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
Thanks Sharepunter. It was 5 min binaries I am looking at simply because there are so many trading oportunities a day
Have you tried withdrawing your profits yet?
I've experienced no problems withdrawing profits.
Incidentally, awful day yesterday (Thursday).
Market character changed from the benign conditions of the past couple of weeks.
Sharepunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:34am   #22
Joined Oct 2004
Re: IG Index/Binary Bet Rejections

It looks as though IG have put me on manual execution as a number of my orders (but not all) have been delayed over the last couple of days. Coincidently, I had my most profitable week ever last week.
Oh well, guess I'll just have to adapt to the new conditions.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:58pm   #23
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharepunter View Post
It looks as though IG have put me on manual execution as a number of my orders (but not all) have been delayed over the last couple of days. Coincidently, I had my most profitable week ever last week.
Do you think last week took you over some threshold - was in profitable in monetary terms or number of winning trades?
markt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:17am   #24

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
What's your bet timeframe? Minutes? Hours? Days?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:42am   #25
Joined Oct 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
Do you think last week took you over some threshold - was in profitable in monetary terms or number of winning trades?
Hi Mark

I think their decision would be based on monetary terms. However, while it was a great week for me, I guess that for some higher stake operators the level of my profit would not be exceptional.
I'm still managing to make my "normal" level of profit this week as manual acceptance is not being applied to the majority of my orders.

By the way, are you trading the binaries?
I remember your interest in them about a year ago.
I've turned professional so to speak!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:45am   #26
Joined Oct 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by _NeuromanceR_ View Post
What's your bet timeframe? Minutes? Hours? Days?
The majority of my bets are of a short duration . . . usually minutes rather than hours or days.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:51am   #27
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Hi Mark

I think their decision would be based on monetary terms. However, while it was a great week for me, I guess that for some higher stake operators the level of my profit would not be exceptional.
I'm still managing to make my "normal" level of profit this week as manual acceptance is not being applied to the majority of my orders.

By the way, are you trading the binaries?
I remember your interest in them about a year ago.
I've turned professional so to speak!
Glad you managed to do it full time now - I was trading the 5 min binaries about a year ago but I had a part time contract in my job then so lots of time. I'm working on a full time contract since Jan this year so cant really trade at the moment - but if I can reduce to 4 day week I will be back in there again
markt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 3:12am   #28
Joined Oct 2004

IG have started delaying me closing range bets just prior to the Dow close.
Strange, as I wasn't that successful in this area.
I've now ceased betting into the close and so IG have inadvertently prevented me from incurring losses!!!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:58pm   #29
Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduke View Post
Yes i once emailed their help desk asking why my orders were taking longer than normal to execute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.
The orders that were placed on your account today were manually checked by the desk,
and as such there was a delay.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

IGIndex

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically what is there to check?, not my order. What they check is their own price, and if they think its incorrect, mainly because i tried to hit it, then they will move the price.

I dont have any extra information compared to IG. Basically if like a price then i take it, and i try to get out if i am wrong. The prices that IG quote are very accurate, my edge is mostly getting out when im wrong, my edge is not exploiting a weakness in their pricing.
I know a little bit about binary bets and how they work, as i've been the other side of the bet before. These companies have the opportunity change the volatility, and if they feel the volatility at the time was incorrect giving a weak price, they will reject the price, then change the volatility, which will obviously skew the price against you.
brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:03pm   #30
Joined Oct 2004

Conditions are becoming increasingly difficult with IG.
Some of my orders for as little as £2/pt are now subject to delay!
Unbelievable. IG made £10m+ from binaries in its last financial year.
Scrooge comes to mind!

I would happily have recommended IG previously as I think its practices are, on the whole, fair.
However, now I would have reservations.
IG binaries have certain features built in to the quote which are sufficient for them to consistently profit by. The obvious example is the spread. I accept this and other "features" as the cost of trading.
What I think is unfair is the following feature of IG's manual order execution.
Where an order is delayed and the price moves away from the order; the order will likely be accepted at the original price and not the better price. Price improvement is not applied.
For example, order placed for binary to finish up at 73. Target profit 27pts.
Order delayed. Price falls to 66 to finish up. Order accepted at 73.
Conversely, where the price moves towards the binary goal the order is rejected with "price is no longer valid". I.e. order placed for binary to finish up at 73. Order delayed. Price moves to 80. Order rejected as price no longer valid.
This, in my book is plain unfair.

Either IG should reject the order in both instances with "price is no longer valid" or accept the order; in the first scenario at a price of 66 and the second at 80.

Comments anyone?