Any one tried bet on markets?

This is a discussion on Any one tried bet on markets? within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; As any one had a go on their website. I've had a go with limited sucess. No touch bets seem ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:52pm   #1

9 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Any one tried bet on markets?

As any one had a go on their website.

I've had a go with limited sucess. No touch bets seem to be good. i found these work well....when the market gets to a yearly high and is over sold. Just as it breaks down through key resistance level i place my trade.

Does anyone have any ideas of other methods techniques?

Cheers

Will
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:00am   #2

Joined Jan 2004
There are other threads on this. It looks great to me and Id love to have an account but they are new and that is the only thing stopping me.The slide rule is excellent and I hope they stay around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:48pm   #3
Joined Aug 2007
Am I missing something? I thought Bet on Markets had been around for ages? The design on their website certianly looks like something from the 90s.
Jon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:54pm   #4
Joined Sep 2004
I thought so too.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 1:20pm   #5
Joined Jul 2006
beton

i think julian mixed it up with betsfortraders.com who have the sliders, betonmarkets.com is indeed old and looks even older. i started my trading there a few years ago, its ok for learning, but i think you get much better value in the real markets.
tornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 1:25pm   #6

Joined Jan 2004
apologies, I was refering to betsfortraders

Old Sep 4, 2007, 4:32pm   #7
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by compare bets View Post
As any one had a go on their website.

I've had a go with limited sucess. No touch bets seem to be good. i found these work well....when the market gets to a yearly high and is over sold. Just as it breaks down through key resistance level i place my trade.

Does anyone have any ideas of other methods techniques?

Cheers

Will
Will (compare bets)
Assuming you mean Betonmarkets - then yes I've been betting with them since mid 2003 mostly bull/bear bets - developed a system for them which I've written about elsewhere on the forums. Not sure I understand your comments ... do you mean over bought rather than over sold? Also curious to know what your website is and what it compares?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 4:47pm   #8

Joined Jan 2004
Baldwreck. Have you made much money and have there been any problems. Surely betsfortraders is a better site with the sliderule. I just dont trust new companies.The problem I have with bom is that you have to bet in advance and a lot can happen in 2 mins

Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:13pm   #9
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
Baldwreck. Have you made much money and have there been any problems. Surely betsfortraders is a better site with the sliderule. I just dont trust new companies.The problem I have with bom is that you have to bet in advance and a lot can happen in 2 mins
Julian - Well I am not sure what the definition of "much" is! Here are the stats.

2003 -1%
2004 +8%
2005 +57%
2006 +59%
2007 +33% to date. (including an absolute caning during the summer months )

So in cash terms the answer to your question is a few grand.
I have had no material problems with BOM bar a few minor hiccups - did get irritated with them when they moved the minimum period on the bull/bear bets to 3 weeks or so but they changed this back quite quickly.

The bull/bear bets are instantaneous in my experience so not sure which bets your two minute wait refers to?

Had a look at BetsforTraders - found that their comparable bets with BOM are more expensive - also I can't quite replicate the bets I place on BOM which all are based on end of day pricing.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:47pm   #10

Joined Jan 2004
thats great. I like the fact u recovered after a canning thats a great sign. Bom look great in you dont want to bet straigh away. Would u feel safe putting your money with BFT ?