Opinions on betsfortraders.com

This is a discussion on Opinions on betsfortraders.com within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; NQR whats the best way to hedge a 15 moin bet > say ive got £200 for ftse to be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:18pm   #15

Joined Jan 2004
Lord Flasheart started this thread NQR whats the best way to hedge a 15 moin bet > say ive got £200 for ftse to be below 6684 and the price is 6682 with 7 mins left and I got about even money,thanks
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 2:20pm   #16
Joined Dec 2006
I am not an employee at BFT or anywhere else. yorkshires_finest is simply attempting to detract attention from his agenda and engage in a little mischief. As I have no interest in responding to such claims I will not engage in a back and forth on who is more loyal to which bookie or why that might be.

In answer to your question julian:

NQR whats the best way to hedge a 15 moin bet > say ive got £200 for ftse to be below 6684 and the price is 6682 with 7 mins left and I got about even money,thanks

I'm not quite sure I get what you are saying? You mean you want out early? If so just take the other side and place a bet with the same payout. Having said that, as they minimum expiry time is 15 minutes and you are talking about 7 it wouldn't work. My 2c... don't place 15 minute bets unless you want to keep them to expiry.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:32pm   #17

Joined Jan 2004
Lord Flasheart started this thread they only seem to take bets to win 1000,surely big players would want larger bets than that to get a better book.I dont bet that much yet. NQR as I thought youd just have to see the bet out and not lay it off
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:51pm   #18
Joined Aug 2004
Hi, have the spreads been wider today on Index bets?
Bintrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:36pm   #19
Joined Dec 2006
I think they are the same at the money and the out of the money ones are also priced as before. I think they are a bit more expensive in the money though on some. Not sure why. The in the money ones were cheaper this morning, got more expensive around lunch time, then seemed to go down again and now are higher. I don't care as I don't trade in the money bets but I had spotted it.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 11:22pm   #20

Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
they only seem to take bets to win 1000,surely big players would want larger bets than that to get a better book.I dont bet that much yet. NQR as I thought youd just have to see the bet out and not lay it off
£1000 is the same as £10 pp on BinaryBet.

That is quite weak, almost a waste of time, especially for in the money bets.

Seems like this company doesnt have much confidence in their own product.
donaldduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:17am   #21

Joined Jan 2007
Lightbulb Options

I've taken a look at the website, and the various bets offered. To what extent is this form of betting similar to traditional derivatives like options? Is it possible to apply traditional volatility and option pricing formulae to a betting strategy with BFT?

I've only ever spreadbet on index futures, but am considering keeping an eye on these "options" bets longer term. When I learn enough about various option strategies, Black–Scholes, etc, I may consider this*.

NQR - would you like to share some of your strategies for trading on BFT, the markets you are trading, the type of bets used, how those equate to traditional puts and calls, etc? Do you have a background in options?

I totally agree with not keeping more than £10k with a bookie, especially an offshore one. In fact, regarding your big win day I would have been fearing problems with the wire instruction. I doubt I could relax until the funds cleared.

* - I'm aware of most of the caveats surrounding options, especially for new traders. Before reading this thread, I always thought my use of options would never go beyond writing covered puts on some shares for income. I certainly wouldn't try and trade these bets in the near future until I absorb all the complex option pricing stuff. It looks interesting though
lurkerlurker is offline   Reply With Quote