Very low volume on Binexx?

This is a discussion on Very low volume on Binexx? within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; That should be easy to get around. Originally Posted by apples10 hi Steve, Unfortunately our firewall stops the ig/binary tradescreen ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:02pm   #43
Joined Aug 2004
That should be easy to get around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apples10
hi Steve,

Unfortunately our firewall stops the ig/binary tradescreen from working, so I'm stuck with using Binexx, which is why I only deal as a hobby! Keep thinking about getting a vodafone 3g card for a laptop to trade IG, I should do it really!
Bintrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:07pm   #44
Joined May 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by apples10
Sorry, but don't agree with you - and now is a prime example. So they have the wrong vol in their model (they have actually gone down to 5%, wheras the realised 30-minute annualised is at 10%) - so they are bidding 85 on the 13:30 hourly, when it should be 81 - so you sell, but hey, the market stays up and settles at 100 (which it will!!)- you lose,so what if you sold an expensive wrong price!!

It would be hard to do a study on quiet days and 'noise' over figures as every day is different and things like weather,sport, are all factors that enter the mix - for instance was this mornings fall overdone as most traders were watching the cricket score on their Bloomberg screens?. In fact quiet days can be the worst, as there can be manipulation near the expiry.

But defo, the Dow is an enormous factor in the pm, and makes it hard to get the edge on binary trades as it is more volatile and doesn't follow the same technical patterns of the European markets.

Apples…

But surely in your example you are ignoring the probability factor on which the example is based. If you say that it should be 81 (lets ignore the spread at this point for simplicity) then you are saying that in 81 cases out of 100 the market will settle at 100 given all the information which is available at the current moment in time. The company however were effectively suggesting that they felt that in 84 cases out of 100 the market would settle at 100. Only one of you can be correct. If you system has the edge and you are right then it equates to the following…..

You place 100 trades over a period of time…(lets say for £20 per point)…

So you lose 81 of the trades as your system predicts…

81 x 16 x £20 = £30,780 in total losses over the course of 100 bets. (The 16 comes from the fact that the company has its market at 84 hence you can only lose 16)

However, your winners will be as follows….

19 x 84 x £20 = £31,920.

Net profit from your edge is therefore £1,140 over the course of 100 bets.

I feel that my point is therefore valid. If every time you see an ‘over valuation’ you sell it and every time you see an ‘under valuation’ you buy it then you will, over a long period of time, make money as you will slowly be extracting ‘value’ from the markets. In your example the difference is 3 times out of 100 (the difference between 81 and 84). This means that in the example give, if your model is correct, you will win 3 time per 100 more than the company are predicting in their ‘valuation’ of their instrument.

As for the ‘quiet’ and ‘noise’ times. I am certainly looking to develop some strategies to take advantage of potential anomalies which occur in pricing around certain times. You must always believe that you are cleverer than the market maker. He has many prices to make whilst you can focus you efforts on just one. Obviously from your comments I can see that you have a very keen interest in the hourly bets – I can see the potential that you’ve pointed out in those. Personally I’ve always been drawn to the daily bets as I feel that they are harder for the companies to price and also more likely to priced by a non flexible pricing model. For example, imagine its 4.35pm (GMT) on an evening of a Fed announcement – how do the company price that potential volatility into their model for the daily FTSE’s. If we place bets at that moment in time can we detect potential value in opening certain bets, for example…are the odds of FTSE being +30 or -30 higher or lower for the next day if tonight has an FOMC announcement?

Got to nip out now. Will be back later with a few more ideas. Hope none of the companies are reading all this!

Steve.
stevespray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:31pm   #45
Joined Aug 2004
yes can see your point, but of course the spreads quoted take nearly all of the the advantage anyway.

better just to play with instinct, knowing how their model is working (for instance they have increased the implied vol through today), and choose the trades given all the info (especially important to know where the FTSE cash is trading in relation to the FTSE Future and its fair value).

just wish that ig/binary worked over our firwall, as the markets available on Binexx are limited and they are in no rush to introduce new ones.
apples10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:43pm   #46
Joined Aug 2004
Apples see my reply above

Quote:
Originally Posted by apples10

just wish that ig/binary worked over our firwall, as the markets available on Binexx are limited and they are in no rush to introduce new ones.
Bintrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:46pm   #47
 
BinarySoft Chris's Avatar
Joined May 2005
BinarySoft Chris started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintrader
Apples see my reply above
yeah it was a very helpful post by you
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:11pm   #48
Joined Aug 2004
Okay, I presume you have Broadband and a machine at home. Just allow the terminal server port through your firewall (at home) and enable Remote Desktop in My Computer/Properties /Remote. Then initiate a remote Desktop connection from work (Programs/Acc.../Comms/remote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules101
yeah it was a very helpful post by you
Bintrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:18pm   #49
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintrader
Okay, I presume you have Broadband and a machine at home. Just allow the terminal server port through your firewall (at home) and enable Remote Desktop in My Computer/Properties /Remote. Then initiate a remote Desktop connection from work (Programs/Acc.../Comms/remote...

hi Bintrader. That sounds easy .. . . .but not being fully IT literate can you tell me how i gain the remote access from the office? I guess i need the ip address (where do i find this?) rgds.

try and answer tonight and I'll do the work at home tonight and try tomorrow. many thanks.
apples10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
famous system with low cost ?!! vincent_f Trading Systems 8 May 20, 2007 5:35pm
Spread betting Forex with low leverage fxprocessor Spread Betting & CFDs 3 May 18, 2007 10:18am
Binexx being absorbed into cityindex apples10 Fixed Odds & Binary Betting 103 Jun 18, 2006 8:34pm
Binexx.com API Clement Attlee Fixed Odds & Binary Betting 4 Nov 18, 2005 4:31pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)