Am I getting it wrong ???

This is a discussion on Am I getting it wrong ??? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; you could try and FADE the crossovers in CHOPPY markets...you could use an indicator to help with that, say ADX, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:31pm   #8
Joined May 2010
Re: Am I getting it wrong ???

you could try and FADE the crossovers in CHOPPY markets...you could use an indicator to help with that, say ADX, or your eyes
Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:57am   #9

7 Posts
Joined Jul 2010

Protegex started this thread FADE the cross over ???? Means ??? Anyone???
Protegex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:06am   #10
Joined Jul 2010

put a nice parabolic SAR and run the trends that cross . seek 10 pips learn to adjust .
hustlerscreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:22am   #11
Joined Feb 2002

Its possible to be profitable with a poor system, as long as it gives you a slight statistical edge (e.g. 51 winners out of every 100) but your money management must be very strong. Good money management will ensure you don't get wiped out if your 49 losers all come in a sequence before your 51 winners.

Don't use a system until you have backtested it over 100 trades. If you would not be profitable (in pips, not just % of winners against losers), don't even put on one trade with that system. Refine it, backtest again, refine it again, backetest it again. Then practice with tiny amounts of real capital. Make sure you know what the market will (probably) do and what you (definitely) will do about it.

Think about the hours of practice a concert pianist puts in for the sake of a 2 hour performance. he doesn't start to prasctice live on stage.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:02am   #12

Joined Jul 2008

plan to spend at least the next 5 years learning the market.. guaranteed you going to go though more losses than you can throw a stick at. but what ever you do,dont throw real money at it until you have at least a 6 months to a years consistent profits and a growing demo account. the first thing you need to do is learn patience and be able to take losses properly. work through techniques giving them at least 25 trades each while you assess their pro's and cons. good luck
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:49pm   #13
Joined Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protegex View Post
FADE the cross over ???? Means ??? Anyone???
It means trade in the opposite direction.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 3:04pm   #14

7 Posts
Joined Jul 2010

Protegex started this thread Wow this forum is fabulous... Thanks to all those that have replied... Will try out those methods and come back... Thank you...
Protegex is offline   Reply With Quote