Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

This is a discussion on Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; hey.. any one can tell me what kind of financial questions did they ask during the interview? i am an ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:26pm   #41

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

hey.. any one can tell me what kind of financial questions did they ask during the interview?

i am an engineering graduate and was invited to the maths test and the interview if i pass the test. and i have no financial backgrounds......
Mandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:17am   #42
Joined Feb 2012

hi is there any1 who can enlighten me abt the whole recruitment process of eclipse?
1st theres a math test and an interview which i read fr the email..
what is next?
actwen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:04am   #43

7 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

it says on its website that after you pass the exam you will meet initially with a senior trader and the hr manager, and if you pass that you will meet with the head of trading and managing director.

from what ive heard market makers don't usually ask many financial questions of hard science grads. maybe 2 or 3 max.

btw does anyone know how long eclipse takes to review applications? i applied a few weeks ago and havent heard anything back...thinking i may have been rejected...
kyliebath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:49pm   #44
Joined Mar 2012

I recently applied in Australia and did a math test then interview in Australia and then a skype interview with some guys in Hong Kong. After that skype interview they emailed me 3 weeks later and invited me to go meet them in Hong Kong. This is one of the first jobs I have ever applied for (I am a poker player) so I dont know how long the standard wait is but I waited 3 weeks and it wasnt a problem so I wouldnt give up hope kylie
Campbell-Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:04pm   #45

7 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

Hey did you apply in January or in March? I applied in March for the position in Australia when I saw them popping up at careers fairs (but they didn't have any ad up for graduate traders at the time). Its been over 5 weeks now and still havent heard anything at all from them...

btw did you end up getting the job? and how come you had to go to hong kong for the interview? couldn't you have interviewed with a senior trader in their Sydney office?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:50pm   #46

7 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

Did the guys at the careers fair say anything about recruiting for their sydney office (either at the moment or in the future)? I sent in an application only for the sydney based role.. It would be nice if they bothered to send rejection letters so that applicants aren't left hanging. Also, did the guys at the careers fair say they were looking for more than just hard science grads?

Anyway good luck with the offer. I'm sure quick thinking poker skills will come in handy when u are a market maker.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:19pm   #47
Joined Feb 2012

any updates on eclipse any1?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:22pm   #48
Joined Feb 2012

how did your application go ?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:11pm   #49

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2013

Hey Guys,

Can someon shed some light on Eclipse Trainee Trader Recruitment Session. They has invited me for a 2 hour test session (series of tests - numerical and non-numerical) followed by HR interview if I pass the tests. Does anyone have any experience of the session?

Thanks a lot in advance. I don't have much time (test in 4 days), so a quick help would be highly appreciated.
PropSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:55am   #50

5 Posts
Joined Jun 2013

Yo,

I had it yesterday.

5 tests; they said the first one is compulsory you pass but they let you sit all the tests anyway, one by one. So i guess if you are in a grey area on the maths test and do well on the others you're fine.

Good Luck!

Last edited by mathsLAD; Jul 24, 2013 at 4:53pm.
mathsLAD is offline   Reply With Quote