Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

This is a discussion on Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by trader85 So how did you all go? Did anyone get a job? What was the interview process ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:40am   #15
 
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader85 View Post
So how did you all go? Did anyone get a job? What was the interview process like? What was the job like?

Cheers
Well FB Stalking 101 indicates that ashleysasportas obviously got the job

Whats it like working in HK, i hear rent is pretty expensive. Do they pay well enough?
gerald.ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:03am   #16
 
6 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

ashleysasportas started this thread hey guys. The job is great, really glad I got it. It's a position really suited to extremely analytical people who really enjoy and excel at gaming of some kind. Personally I'm a poker player amongst other card games, math degree etc.
although the test is important to find people with strong fast arithmetic under pressure it gives no indication as to whether you'll be a good trader, so don't put too much emphasis on it.
As for living in HK, it's great fun, with such small tax the wages go a long way.
ashleysasportas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:49am   #17
 
2 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleysasportas View Post
hey guys. The job is great, really glad I got it. It's a position really suited to extremely analytical people who really enjoy and excel at gaming of some kind. Personally I'm a poker player amongst other card games, math degree etc.
although the test is important to find people with strong fast arithmetic under pressure it gives no indication as to whether you'll be a good trader, so don't put too much emphasis on it.
As for living in HK, it's great fun, with such small tax the wages go a long way.

Hey Ashley, gratz on getting the job, I am kinda interested at things about this job, I am actually currently working in hk. Just wondering, what is a monthly salary approx. as a trainee trader for Eclipse options, if u dun wanna disclose yrs, u can just give a rough estimate, like u know, 30k-40k or 40k-50k a yr, thanks so much for yr info!
cheers!
jensen928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:57am   #18
 
2 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

or actually I just wanna if they pay well comparing to equivalent positions and such, thanks so much for info guys!
jensen928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:54am   #19
 
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

I've got testing day coming up with Eclipse Options. Personally I haven't hear all that much about them, are they a legitimate shop and would you recommend them if your just coming out of uni? Or would an IB be a better career choice?

If anyone has experience regarding the interview, could they suggest some tips?
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:03pm   #20
 
5 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot View Post
I've got testing day coming up with Eclipse Options. Personally I haven't hear all that much about them, are they a legitimate shop and would you recommend them if your just coming out of uni? Or would an IB be a better career choice?

If anyone has experience regarding the interview, could they suggest some tips?

congras, when did they invite you to the test? I still haven't got any reply yet.
godson1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:06pm   #21
 
5 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Re: Eclipse Options Interview HELLPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by godson1982 View Post
congras, when did they invite you to the test? I still haven't got any reply yet.
Let me share some information with you. If you have the ability to earn money, Eclipse option is the place where you can make money immediately. And these people are doing high frequency trading. the hottest topic these days. To me, the people in these trading firms are much smarter than those in investment banks.
godson1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Options trading firm - phone interview NYC Home Trader 5 Mar 27, 2011 3:09am
Eclipse ISP - Good, Bad or Indifferent? timsk Techies Corner 6 Nov 25, 2007 9:48am
Eclipse - ISP - Service Issues? TheBramble Techies Corner 1 Jun 1, 2005 9:44am
Eclipse Internet joins the Kingston Group oatman Techies Corner 1 Sep 30, 2004 1:27pm
Eclipse FLEX broadband oatman Techies Corner 2 Jun 5, 2004 3:02pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)