I’m New To TRADING – Where Do I Start?

This is a discussion on I’m New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; First thing you need to keep in mind is you will not always win and it is not easy as ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:09pm   #193

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
First thing you need to keep in mind is you will not always win and it is not easy as it seems. And start with opening a demo account and start practicing trade and then see is it something you can do or you want to do? If yes be determined be patient and keen to learn. Practice as much you can in different situation and platforms. Plan your strategies and try to execute them accordingly.
trucejacob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:01am   #194
Joined Sep 2017
Trading is a big subject you would not be able to understand totally until you gain some amount of experience. A lot of hardwork and discipline goes into gaining success. A simple plan can enable you in cutting a path through the trading jungle and accelerate your learning curve. Read the “Essentials Of New To Trading” which has specifically been written for the virgin traders:

• Trading Foundations
• Trading Attributes
• Trading Jargon And Mistakes
• Get Tooled Up And Hone Your Skills
• It Is A Business
• Supply & Demand
The “Essentials Of New To Trading” will help you start off in the trading business but it is only the “Essentials Of Risk & Money Management” which is the key to success or failure of every trader.
hedgedequity is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:08pm   #195

Joined Feb 2016
My advice is not to stop at only one currency pair. It's better to look for and try new things. And the main thing, for newbies especially, is to do it on a cent account.
Robbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:15pm   #196
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2W Bot View Post
SHORT ANSWER

If you’ve just joined T2W – welcome!
First things first, if you haven’t done so already, check out this Sticky: [FAQ] I’m New to T2W – Where do I Start? That’s the starting point for ALL new members, regardless of your trading experience. It contains a list of 12 mini-FAQs which cover the basics about T2W - who’s who and what’s what etc. Once you’ve read it, you’ll have a good understanding of what a fantastic resource the site is, how to get the most from it and, hopefully, how best to contribute to it.

New to trading?
Okay, if you’re not only new to T2W, but also new to trading, then this is the FAQ for you. (If you happen to be a multi-millionaire fund manager, please read it anyway and tell us how we can improve it!) Trading is a very large subject and T2W is a very large website. You’re welcome to just follow your nose and see where it leads, or you may prefer to take a more structured route to accelerate your learning curve. If so, we have . . .

A simple 4 step plan
The Long Answer below provides a simple 4 step plan designed to give you a good insight into the world of the self taught and self funded trader working from home (known as a ‘retail’ trader). For new traders who don’t know where to start, this is the perfect introduction to the subject. Completing steps 1 to 3 will take around ten to twenty hours. At that point you will have enough information to be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not trading is for you.

100% guarantee
Yup, the 4 step plan comes with a rock solid guarantee. Once you’ve completed steps 1-3, one of two things will happen. Either you’ll be bored to tears by the whole subject or you’ll be unable to sleep at night because you’re just soooooo excited! If your rubbish bin is rapidly filling up with spent packets of Mogadon, then you’ll probably be ready to move on to step 4.

Firstly remember you will not win for all time and it is really very hard to have passion if you are not gaining profit.
There is need of a Demo account to start practicing. After that, you can make your own plans and can execute them as you want.
You should do proper analysis before choosing a stock for trading. There are various methods you can follow in order to analyze the right stock for you. I saw some tips here -[Link removed]

Last edited by Trader333; Oct 26, 2017 at 2:02pm.
ChungFeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:01pm   #197

6 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Hello,I am new from this forum please help me to join it,Thanks.
rakhi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:12pm   #198

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhi123 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum!

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:08pm   #199
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhi123 View Post
\
Welcome Rakhi
ChungFeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:11pm   #200

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
are you still trading ?.is there a way you can mentor me to trade please?. i am at cross road and I would like this to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansher21 View Post
Guys,

Having been through this and eventually made it through to being profitable, I really would say that the best way to learn how to trade - is to find a successful mentor.

For me, this was finding a very good signals service - which gave profitable signals while I was learning the skills associated with trading .. from the providers.

Do not pay for trading courses, unfortunately they are only designed to make money for those selling them. If the author is that good, then they should be able to list their recent trades for you.

Vince Stanzione is a very good example, of someone who pretends to be a really good guy who actually trades. It's all crap - he trades a little bit, if you ask him for his precise entries and exits ... "I don't release such information". Vince though, does make alot of money from some very slick marketing. Don't be sucked into it like I was !!!

As above, I would really urge people not to pay $1k for any course - they are all recycled versions of the same thing.

Best of luck to you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jansher21 View Post
I would really suggest taking a step back from some of the detail mentioned above. Not wishing to take anything away from the relevance or correctness of the advice - I would say that a beginner needs a guiding hand and mentor.

This may attract flaming, but I would suggest that you do not pay money for courses as pretty much everything is regenerated from a bunch of similar themes - all of these are available on the internet in various places for free.

Find someone who is demonstrably a good trader, that means find someone actually making money from trading - and not making money charging you for courses/"special consultation time".

How do you judge this :

1) - Look at their track record, have they been trading profitably for longer than 2 years. Even better - have then been trading profitably for longer than 5 years.

2) - What are their results. Check this, by looking for precise trades - entries and exits.

Anyone not able to show this - does not fit the bill

3) - Look for people managing significant account sizes, preferably > $10m - but this isn't always as important as the (1) and (2) - although after 5 years of trading well most are trading larger sized accounts.

If anyone is trying to help you, they need to know what they are talking about themselves first.

In my humble opinion : In trading, you can talk about whatever you want - but in the end it's cold hard cash that we are here to earn.

As will all of my posts, people can get in touch with me if they want to know how I do it.

Take care and good luck guys,
sageon is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote