Online Trading Academy-HELP!

This is a discussion on Online Trading Academy-HELP! within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hello Everyone, New to the Trade to Win website today...looking for some help/advice if possible I am looking at expanding ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:11pm   #1

6 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Online Trading Academy-HELP!

Hello Everyone,

New to the Trade to Win website today...looking for some help/advice if possible

I am looking at expanding my existing basic buy&hold strategy to that of day trading..

Have come across a company called "Online Trading Academy" or OTA for short, they are based near St Albans Hertfordshire..I went to a free seminar recently & am really sold on what they offer, does anyone have any feedback from attending one of there 7 day courses (which cost 3295).It's alot of initial investment for me, but obviously a good one if I can apply the knowledge and make money.

I have heard of all the negative Darren Winn/Winn investing stories, but these guys at OTA seem really genuine..

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated...
Thanks in Advance,
Darren (Not Winn!)
darrenb1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 5:02pm   #2
Joined Jun 2006
Darren,

Don't pay for any course. If the guys are that good, why aren't they trading themselves?

Everything you need is free here on T2W or elsewhere. Just ask - there are many experts on T2W.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 5:23pm   #3

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenb1000 View Post
Hello Everyone,

New to the Trade to Win website today...looking for some help/advice if possible

I am looking at expanding my existing basic buy&hold strategy to that of day trading..

Have come across a company called "Online Trading Academy" or OTA for short, they are based near St Albans Hertfordshire..I went to a free seminar recently & am really sold on what they offer, does anyone have any feedback from attending one of there 7 day courses (which cost 3295).It's alot of initial investment for me, but obviously a good one if I can apply the knowledge and make money.

I have heard of all the negative Darren Winn/Winn investing stories, but these guys at OTA seem really genuine..

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated...
Thanks in Advance,
Darren (Not Winn!)
Their website:

Free Trading Workshop - Online Trading Academy - Day Trading Seminar - Stock Trading

UK branch of US company, can't comment on their quality.

If you are successful buy /hold then you should be capable of using T2W + free answers to Q's. 3k+ also buys quite a few decent books and leaves plenty of change.

If i was spending that sort of money [and i wouldn't] I think I'd go for an individual, quality trading coach as opposed to class course.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:40pm   #4

6 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Online Trading Academy - been on the 7 day course?

darrenb1000 started this thread Thank you for your contributions guys, I hear what you say & totally respect your viewpoints..

Has anyone on here actually been on the 7 day course (or know anyone that has)?

Thanks again in advance.

Darren

Last edited by darrenb1000; Apr 3, 2008 at 10:49pm.
darrenb1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:52am   #5

3 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Ota

Hi darren
I've researched OTA for the last 6 months and haven't found any 'bad' news at all. I'm new to trading but have been a succesful businessman for the last 10 years so know a little bit about carrying out due diligence before parting with any cash! I'm attending the seven day pro trading course next week - prior to this I've done the Robert Newgrosh New Skills Technical Analysis courses which were excellent. I see the OTA course as the next stepping stone and am not expecting it to be some kind of holy grail - I've met with the uk managing director Georgie Cox who seems like a very genuine likeable girl - again I've researched her personally and have found nothing dodgy. My view re costs is that having put two kids thru university the ota costs seem reasonable if the course delivers what it says - one key thing that attracted me was that the trainers have to be active and successful traders. Will let you know how I get on!
Wayne Marshall
wayne marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:46pm   #6
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne marshall View Post
Hi darren
one key thing that attracted me was that the trainers have to be active and successful traders.
Wayne, what and you believe them? You think they're going to tell you otherwise, wouldn't help with the marketing of courses would it?

Also, it's your first post which is 'favourable' towards a company selling what looks to be another overpriced course. Don't take offence but it's very hard to take your comments seriously.....
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:54pm   #7
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenb1000 View Post
Hello Everyone,
but these guys at OTA seem really genuine..
They normally always do Darren.......

Plenty of form against these overpriced seminar selling firms so again tread very carefully.

You might also want to inquire about 'follow up courses' that they just happen to run. This means you take course 1 but that's not enough but don't worry there's course 2 to help you. But then comes an offer to buy the 'power traders super profits course' then when you take that another offer comes in, but it's only for a very 'select few' and it's called the 'Power traders Day Trading Mastery course' and then another offer and another etc.

Gotta milk the customers you know
anley is offline   Reply With Quote