Online Trading Academy-HELP!

This is a discussion on Online Trading Academy-HELP! within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Bint, do you work for OTA?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:07pm   #57

7 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Re: Online Trading Academy-HELP!

Bint, do you work for OTA?
liquid_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 4:35pm   #58

Joined May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_trader View Post
Bint, do you work for OTA?
Certainly NOT. I am in touch with them for half the week, usually 16 hours of classes so I know what is going down.
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:04pm   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint_Crusher View Post
Dooped, If you have been part of the XLT why didn't you contribute and tell us what problems you are having.
Why do you presume this hasn't been done and that you would know about it?

Quote:
The OTA instructors are not going to give up their p&l into the public domain, after all you might be from the inland revenue or some other slimebag organisation.
Are you suggesting they don't comply to Tax Law? My reference was to instructors P&L not being available in the private domain for OTA students.

Quote:
I will be attending the XLT session next week, contact me on bintcrusher@gmail.com we will talk about what problems you are having and see how they can best be put to Sam or Justin.
With all due respect I'm in no need of an intermediary. Good day
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:18pm   #60

5 Posts
Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_trader View Post
Brad, are you able to make some extra money on the side using what you learned from them? Also, what about their xtl classes? As I understand it, if you do exactly what the instructors do in that class you could make the same $$, which in time would cover the tuition.
So far I would say that I am still learning. I have wins and losses, and in the end I am mostly breaking even. I have not taken the XLT's and there are some good opportunities to make some money if you follow along during live trading. They have online webinars every week that are free to graduates, but they usually occur outside trading hours.

Brad
bradhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:47pm   #61

Joined May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhouser View Post
So far I would say that I am still learning. I have wins and losses, and in the end I am mostly breaking even. I have not taken the XLT's and there are some good opportunities to make some money if you follow along during live trading. They have online webinars every week that are free to graduates, but they usually occur outside trading hours.

Brad
The XLT Sessions are not essential, far from it. The difference I have noticed is that XLT students trade in price action as they are taught to do, leaving behind ascending triangles, descending flags, hanging men, diji dojis et al. The focus is as always based upon having a plan and following it. A great advantage is the networking facility, we can concentrate on say the forex majors but every now and then someone will bring to the floor a more exotic forex minor, this is shared amongst the group and often there is a networking session afterwards. A lot of trades shared in this way can turn out very lucretive.
I was at an event recently where a fellow trader whom I had been on a course with several years ago told me he was still having problems with exit and profit taking rules. I reminded him of Renkos and Heiken- Ashi both of which had been touched on as a mechanical way of trade management. He admitted he had forgotten them.
The point is we can attend a course but not absorb absolutely everything and depending on what the class is like things can be a little awkward if there is a disruptive knobber as a student which is not conducive to good learning. The XLT allows us to ask any question and we are directed to the fuller scource of information so it is a continual learning process. That is the main thing as after all we are all students of the markets one way or another. If not then you should be.

P.S Brad, I will be at the hour with the pros on monday, hosted by Steve Beaumont, mail me at bintcrusher@gmail.com If you are gonna be there.

Last edited by Bint_Crusher; Apr 30, 2011 at 6:50pm. Reason: Add something
Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:02pm   #62

1 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Lightbulb Re: Ota

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne marshall View Post
Hi darren
I've researched OTA for the last 6 months and haven't found any 'bad' news at all. I'm new to trading but have been a succesful businessman for the last 10 years so know a little bit about carrying out due diligence before parting with any cash! I'm attending the seven day pro trading course next week - prior to this I've done the Robert Newgrosh New Skills Technical Analysis courses which were excellent. I see the OTA course as the next stepping stone and am not expecting it to be some kind of holy grail - I've met with the uk managing director Georgie Cox who seems like a very genuine likeable girl - again I've researched her personally and have found nothing dodgy. My view re costs is that having put two kids thru university the ota costs seem reasonable if the course delivers what it says - one key thing that attracted me was that the trainers have to be active and successful traders. Will let you know how I get on!
Wayne Marshall
So tell me what Georgie Cox has ever done in financial markets ? My son has a pet hamster that looks and sounds more like a trader than her. I did a cursory google search on her and found nothing of relevance or interest. Not what you'd expect. Anyway - i guess its just a first impression but it was a bad one for someone splashed all over Bloomberg ads fronnting a financial markets trading school.
MarcusA is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2011, 4:20pm   #63

Joined May 2009
Re: Ota

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusA View Post
So tell me what Georgie Cox has ever done in financial markets ? My son has a pet hamster that looks and sounds more like a trader than her. I did a cursory google search on her and found nothing of relevance or interest. Not what you'd expect. Anyway - i guess its just a first impression but it was a bad one for someone splashed all over Bloomberg ads fronnting a financial markets trading school.

Nice Troll attempt Marcus, on your first post you slag off somebody who does not even profess to be a trading expert. Georgie herself does not actually teach classes, the OTA instructors with the experience do that. She is a genuine person, unlike some in the business.

PS What does a "Trader look and sound like".?

Last edited by Bint_Crusher; Jul 16, 2011 at 1:32am.