Making Money Trading

This is a discussion on Making Money Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by trader_dante You heard him people. No need to read on! Sounds good. Perhaps you'd be so good ...

View Poll Results: Which market do you want to learn to trade?
Indices 43 42.57%
Foreign Exchange 38 37.62%
Bonds/Interest Rates 5 4.95%
Commodities 15 14.85%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:05pm   #57

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
You heard him people. No need to read on!

Sounds good. Perhaps you'd be so good as to extoll your systems virtues - maybe by way of your account performance? We can compare
I don't want to compare anything, i just want you to ****e or get off the pot after several pages of BS. But at least I openly state my methodology.

Poll ? Just do something ! Nobody cares if its EURUSD, Crude or Google. it'll be crap anyway so just get on with it.
Thanks! The following members like this post: TheBramble , chump , SHR , spanish89 , price777999 , trader_dante
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:07pm   #58

Joined Sep 2004
Surprising it took as many as 50 posts before the hecklers appeared.

Now here's a guy - dante - who has opened up to us all and sincerely (though IMO foolishly) offered to pass on some of his hard earned knowledge.

Does he have to get on his knees and beg to show a little generosity or are we all so battle weary and cynical that we wouldn't recognize a genuine offer if it smacked us in the nose?

He should consider (if he wants to continue) side stepping the messy bit where insults and flaming abound and go straight to private forum.

Plus ca change......
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:08pm   #59
Joined Jan 2007
He Wrote It Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathcoole_exile View Post
trade a 21 RSI-ema x-over of the 21 RSI, coupled with a 8/15 EMA x-over, Stop Buys above last high for the next opening. that's all anyone ever needs to know.
enough already of this mystic danteism
there you go, the only money making system you'll ever need.
Hi Rathcoole,

Great post, a method wrote down and complete" ish

awards in the post

Post a couple of chart examples and I"ll award some more points to somebody else so I can give you some more

If you can"t write your method down you have"nt got one what's his name
Thanks! The following members like this post: bizmanny
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:08pm   #60

Joined Jan 2003
Thank you for wanting to share your system/methodology. Although I have a trading edge that I am comfortable with, I for one will follow this thread with interest and an open mind, cause you never stop learning. Good luck.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:45pm   #61

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by develbis View Post
Hi Rathcoole,

Great post, a method wrote down and complete" ish

awards in the post

Post a couple of chart examples and I"ll award some more points to somebody else so I can give you some more

If you can"t write your method down you have"nt got one what's his name
as requested.
1. EMAs above Tunnel = bullish
2. RSI above 50 = bullish
3. RSI recently crossed over 50 and survived re-tests = bullish
4. RSI crossed over MA = bullish
5. Price EMAs crossed over = bullish
6. Trade plan, Stop Buy next open above previous day's high.
7. See ya !
8. do you need me to go onto to explain SLs, additional positions etc ?
Attached Thumbnails
gold-example.bmp  
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:14pm   #62

Joined Aug 2005
trader_dante started this thread
Quote:
as requested.
1. EMAs above Tunnel = bullish
2. RSI above 50 = bullish
3. RSI recently crossed over 50 and survived re-tests = bullish
4. RSI crossed over MA = bullish
5. Price EMAs crossed over = bullish
6. Trade plan, Stop Buy next open above previous day's high.
7. See ya !
8. do you need me to go onto to explain SLs, additional positions etc ?
Looks like rathcoole_exile and I had more or less the exact same entry. Surprising since he already suggested my method is likely to be "crap".

Unlike his, which boasts a rather daunting checklist of points to consider before entering, my method keeps it rather more simple. There was one deciding factor that got me in this trade. I'll explain in due course.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
gold.jpg   gold_1.gif  

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer  
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp , Joey25
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:18pm   #63

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
I don't want to compare anything, i just want you to ****e or get off the pot after several pages of BS. But at least I openly state my methodology.

Poll ? Just do something ! Nobody cares if its EURUSD, Crude or Google. it'll be crap anyway so just get on with it.
I am not a heckler nor am i a naysayer, as a matter of fact i am very interested in following this thread so that i can contribute constructively somewhere. This guy does have a point though....can we get on with it already as this thread will become cumbersome and very difficult to follow.....

this thread is filling up with crap already.....everyone stating they are interested, looking forward to reading your methodology, wish you good luck, we appreaciate your efforts blah blah blah......

just state your methodology and why you are using it, what is your belief system for the markets, post a chart, any chart...and give an analysis of what you are doing and why you are doing it, why the need to drag things out.......this is gonna be a monumental thread in terms of size....and its gonna be padded with soooo much unnecessary post......a cluster F$%K

i am sure you have the best of intentions and your reasons for doing this are very honourable. I can relate to them and a lot of what you have said so far is intelligent and sensible....but for heavens sake you should have just got to the point from the get go.
jiggly is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)  
Thanks! The following members like this post: bizmanny , Beserker
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:27pm   #64

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
Looks like rathcoole_exile and I had more or less the exact same entry.
so you will have been in on this one too ?
Great !
despite the "daunting" description of the checklist, it can actually be verified in about 3 seconds visually. Not too much to ask for a trade that's supposed to be an alternative to working for a living !
I look forward to seeing your posts of your charts showing these set-ups according to your parameters so we can all benefit from your wisdom.

Garry
Attached Thumbnails
eurgbp-example.bmp  
Thanks! The following members like this post: jacinto
Closed Thread