Making Money Trading

This is a discussion on Making Money Trading within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by TimeLine Hi Tom, Could share some update majors currency's r/s level on daily chart, thanks. Qiu Which ...

View Poll Results: Which market do you want to learn to trade?
Indices 43 42.57%
Foreign Exchange 38 37.62%
Bonds/Interest Rates 5 4.95%
Commodities 15 14.85%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:01pm   #1265

Joined Aug 2005
trader_dante started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLine View Post
Hi Tom,

Could share some update majors currency's r/s level on daily chart, thanks.

Qiu
Which ones?

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:14pm   #1266

9 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
TD....good afternoon.

May I ask..is that a pin bar on the Light Crude one minute chart? (A couple of minutes ago)

TIA
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:19pm   #1267
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshybaby View Post
TD....good afternoon.

May I ask..is that a pin bar on the Light Crude one minute chart? (A couple of minutes ago)

TIA
Please read the thread before posting. TD does not discuss pin bars on the 1m time frame. The 1m chart is a little arbitrary to be concentrating on a reversal which happened within a minute. Try 65 second or 55 second charts and you'll see different "pins".

Pin bars are defined on this thread along with some pretty helpful charts. If you go back over the thread and still don't understand what a pin bar is, feel free to ask.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:25pm   #1268

9 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Sorry Lurker. Didn't mean to offend. I realised that he does not trade off the 1m chart...but what I meant was...is that what one should look like? (I've read the thread but of course, since I am learning...am not confident in being sure what one looks like). If you see what I mean?

Sorry again.
Thanks! The following members like this post: lurkerlurker
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:26pm   #1269
Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
Which ones?
E/U, G/U, A/U, U/CAD
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:26pm   #1270
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerlurker View Post
Please read the thread before posting. TD does not discuss pin bars on the 1m time frame. The 1m chart is a little arbitrary to be concentrating on a reversal which happened within a minute. Try 65 second or 55 second charts and you'll see different "pins".

Pin bars are defined on this thread along with some pretty helpful charts. If you go back over the thread and still don't understand what a pin bar is, feel free to ask.
With due respect, "Please read the thread before posting" is no mean feat you are asking. I managed to recup. up to page 35 yesterday. Something will have to be done to make this most useful thread readable. A pity to let it go unedited the way it is.

TD--- I'm out of this at break even. Will try again tomorrow!

Split

Last edited by Splitlink; Jan 7, 2008 at 2:37pm.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:36pm   #1271
Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshybaby View Post
Sorry Lurker. Didn't mean to offend. I realised that he does not trade off the 1m chart...but what I meant was...is that what one should look like? (I've read the thread but of course, since I am learning...am not confident in being sure what one looks like). If you see what I mean?

Sorry again.
No need to apologise - I'm sorry if my post seemed brusque - however, I'm sure there are some good charts on this thread which show what a pin bar is. Here is one I called recently on the G/Y.

Feel free just to browse the thread and look at the charts. I've just asked TD for a good definition of a pin bar for a thread I have on these boards, so hopefully he shall oblige and we will both be happy.

Sorry if my post offended you.
Attached Thumbnails
gbpjpy_d.png  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 2:40pm   #1272

9 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Thanks Lurker (no of course I was not offended :-) ). That does help. I have looked at the charts over and over again (even saved this thread as a PDF but there is just so much noise, that I can't seem to get a definite enough picture in my mind...ie. one that would make me confident enough to spot one myself. So would appreciate if TD could give a good def for your FX thread.

Once again thanks for that chart.
Closed Thread