Career change

This is a discussion on Career change within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hey Im a 29 year old IT contractor . Ive been contracting for 5 years and are getting bored now. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:36am   #1

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Career change

Hey

Im a 29 year old IT contractor . Ive been contracting for 5 years and are getting bored now. How easy would it be for me to get on a trainee trader scheme or have i missed the boat?

Any info would be great.
Cheers Guys
recce45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:43am   #2

Joined Sep 2005
Have a look at this ad:

http://jobs.efinancialcareers.co.uk/...0000195492.htm

and ask yourself honestly if you can answer the three questions at the bottom.
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:57am   #3
Joined Oct 2007
looked into this myself... have been offered an interview but to even be able to consider it you have to be able to live on £400 for 3 months then £500 for the next 3 months... with no gaurantee of a job at the end of it all...

VERY high risk... if you are fresh out of UNI living with your parents it is a great opportunity possibly if you an get in, but for someone with a mortgage and car payments to make etc... it is virtualy impossible??? Unless you are minted already and then you wouldn't need the job anyway?!?
Rapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:32am   #4

Joined Sep 2005
I meant more for the OP to consider if he could hand-on-heart answer the three questions posed, rather than recommending the position itself.

Mind you, he's not been back since starting the thread so either a troll or couldn't answer the questions I guess
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 1:19pm   #5
Joined Apr 2004
You have as good a chance as anybody, in my experiences there is no correlation between age, intelligence or backround and success in trading. I've seen people straight out of school without a qualification to their name excel and people with masters degrees in physics freeze in front of the screen. Without sounding too Jedi on you trading ability comes from within just start knocking on doors. Provided you have 100% commitment people will give you a chance.
tommog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 1:16pm   #6

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
recce45 started this thread Hey Guys

Sorry. Laptop died to havent been on line for abit. Cheers for all the feedback.
I did ask my self those 3 questions Jacko Clubs and i think i have good answers to all of them. ( im sure everyone has) . I have massive interest in finance and markets but most of all i want the challenge that comes with a job like this and of course the MONEY. I think anyone who says that money wasent important would be lying. At end of day I wanna work hard and play very hard..

I ve read some bad reports about futex though??? Do you have any personal knowledge of them?
recce45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 10:55am   #7
Joined Mar 2006
Interesting comment Recce,

Futex have a entry level standard that is very high. If you are the right candidate u will achieve an offer of a position . Less than 1% of applications actually make it to the point where they are offered a position at Futex.

Futex retention in taking trainees to profitability is absolutely the highest in the business, around 80 - 90 %.

Make no mistake you do not choose Futex. So it makes me smile when uninformed or low quality candidates discuss whether our deals are worth taking when the likelihood is that have almost no chance of being offered a position anyway.

regards

Futex
FUTEX is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote