Is anyone experienced with WARRIOR TRADING chatroom?

This is a discussion on Is anyone experienced with WARRIOR TRADING chatroom? within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by KoukSundo1188 Would appreciate PROs and CONs of that subscription, which is rather steep for monthly. my specific ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:18am   #16
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukSundo1188 View Post
Would appreciate PROs and CONs of that subscription, which is rather steep for monthly.

my specific questions:

- do they do all stocks or also options ?
- is an exprienced trader voice / video hosting that chat room?
- are other members silent and only posting?

How useful is this chatroom ?

Thanks for ur input
I had the Warrior Pro membership. You can ask me any questions.
However, I WOULD NOT advise joining the chat. Its a waste of money.
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:46am   #17
Joined May 2003
I have Trade Ideas - in terms of quality I have to say it's good and has pretty much most of the technical information you would need to monitor your criteria.
My view is that the company owners think that its worth more than it really is. Holly IMO is nonsense. OK, it might have some value but its no Holy Grail or they would be leveraging it for themselves and using it to make money for them rather than selling memberships. They certainly churn out the Holly video hype nonsense pretty much constantly. The software is not flexible in that you can't create your own personalised formulas for things to watch.
The company seems a little amateurish though. I've contacted support a few times to try to get some info and they have just fobbed me off. Service has been up and down very occasionally, due to hardware glitches - I've experienced it at first hand.
When you buy a membership on monthly or yearly they put your membership on a recurring billing (even yearly plan) and try to automatically renew and get your money. You have to make sure you cancel the auto-renew otherwise you will find out the hard way on your CC bill. I found out the hard way!
I have now cancelled my TI membership and am now planning to use the Interactive Brokers market scanner which is awesome for the price (BIG FAT ZERO $). The advantage is that it is hooked into the IB data servers and you'll always have close to zero ping for alerts.
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:20pm   #18
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq200 View Post
I have Trade Ideas - in terms of quality I have to say it's good and has pretty much most of the technical information you would need to monitor your criteria.
My view is that the company owners think that its worth more than it really is. Holly IMO is nonsense. OK, it might have some value but its no Holy Grail or they would be leveraging it for themselves and using it to make money for them rather than selling memberships. They certainly churn out the Holly video hype nonsense pretty much constantly. The software is not flexible in that you can't create your own personalised formulas for things to watch.
The company seems a little amateurish though. I've contacted support a few times to try to get some info and they have just fobbed me off. Service has been up and down very occasionally, due to hardware glitches - I've experienced it at first hand.
When you buy a membership on monthly or yearly they put your membership on a recurring billing (even yearly plan) and try to automatically renew and get your money. You have to make sure you cancel the auto-renew otherwise you will find out the hard way on your CC bill. I found out the hard way!
I have now cancelled my TI membership and am now planning to use the Interactive Brokers market scanner which is awesome for the price (BIG FAT ZERO $). The advantage is that it is hooked into the IB data servers and you'll always have close to zero ping for alerts.
Very good description on the service, it sums up my experience from few years back... Also I am getting promo emails from time to time and I think last year they were promoting going to Shark Tank but never heard how it actually went, so does anyone knows? I am very curios what kind of numbers they have presented, like membership, revenue, etc...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:32pm   #19
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Very good description on the service, it sums up my experience from few years back... Also I am getting promo emails from time to time and I think last year they were promoting going to Shark Tank but never heard how it actually went, so does anyone knows? I am very curios what kind of numbers they have presented, like membership, revenue, etc...
I'm not sure what Shark Tank is/was exactly (I assume some showcasing event) but I can guarantee that knowing TI management, if there was something to hype they would have done so by now and we would know. I can only assume it was a relative flop after the initial hype !
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:37pm   #20
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq200 View Post
I'm not sure what Shark Tank is/was exactly (I assume some showcasing event) but I can guarantee that knowing TI management, if there was something to hype they would have done so by now and we would know. I can only assume it was a relative flop after the initial hype !
Yep, big TV show in the US, really cheesy and gets boring after you watch it few times, but people do disclose financials...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_Tank

Maybe they didn't get past the initial vetting...
EDIT: Or maybe it will be part of the new season... We'll see, I am sure we'll get emails about it :-)
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:47am   #21
Joined May 2003
Had a look at the Shark Tank over the w/e. Looks just like the UK version Dragon's Den. In any case this guy describes the process of getting into Shark Tank (he made it in):


Last edited by iq200; Nov 29, 2017 at 2:28am.
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:26pm   #22
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Ross Cameron / WARRIOR TRADING refuses to refund a 74 year old retiree despite his 30 day money back guarantee:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ternet-1375521

There is a special place in Hell for people like this one...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:44pm   #23
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Ross Cameron / WARRIOR TRADING refuses to refund a 74 year old retiree despite his 30 day money back guarantee:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ternet-1375521

There is a special place in Hell for people like this one...
Whilst I do feel some pity and feel sorry for the retiree on the one hand, in terms of not being able to get the money back in the 30 days, this report shows the gullibility of people thinking they can make in day trading.
I do remember people getting kicked out of the chat for even questioning small things..
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:22pm   #24
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq200 View Post
Whilst I do feel some pity and feel sorry for the retiree on the one hand, in terms of not being able to get the money back in the 30 days, this report shows the gullibility of people thinking they can make in day trading.
I do remember people getting kicked out of the chat for even questioning small things..
I do disagree with you a bit here... I don't think the victims have to be blamed in a fraud cases like this... Just think about it, the old fellow probably saw a face book or google ad for the WT seminar, signed for the 30 day free access saw how those scammers were "making" $1000 every day and signed for the course all in a good faith, soon realized everything is fishy there and wanted to get his money back...

Those criminals think they are protected by the fine print, but sooner or later the government will go after them, because they are flat out laying and scamming and looking into Ross physique, he'll have a rough time in the US prison system...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:41pm   #25
Joined May 2003
I wasn't defending Ross Cameron in any way and I do feel his greed has turned Warrior Trading into a scam now. The chat room itself is a complete pump and dump scam.

Infact I was coming at it from the perspective of personal responsibility. If you buy a $3-4K course and find you're no good at it, I feel there is a large amount of responsibility on the part of the buyer. The buyer should take some responsibility for not doing the correct research. A lot of courses these days almost remind me of the famous 419 eater Nigerian scams.
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:19pm   #26
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq200 View Post
Infact I was coming at it from the perspective of personal responsibility. If you buy a $3-4K course and find you're no good at it, I feel there is a large amount of responsibility on the part of the buyer. The buyer should take some responsibility for not doing the correct research. A lot of courses these days almost remind me of the famous 419 eater Nigerian scams.
We agree to disagree on this one, the responsibility is strictly with the seller, to me this is like eating a food in the restaurant and getting sick after while the cook and the whole restaurant staff knew they were under cooking the food and preparing it wrong on purpose to make a quick buck...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:44pm   #27
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
We agree to disagree on this one, the responsibility is strictly with the seller, to me this is like eating a food in the restaurant and getting sick after while the cook and the whole restaurant staff knew they were under cooking the food and preparing it wrong on purpose to make a quick buck...
If the course was crap I would agree 100% with you on this. But after paying for it, I can say the course does have value. I recorded all the course videos and over 1.5 years of mentoring videos (around 2-3 per week), scanners, docs, and excel worksheets.
Now with regards to the money back guarantee and hiding behind the small print, that's total BS on the part of Cameron and I do agree with you.
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:55pm   #28
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq200 View Post
If the course was crap I would agree 100% with you on this. But after paying for it, I can say the course does have value. I recorded all the course videos and over 1.5 years of mentoring videos (around 2-3 per week), scanners, docs, and excel worksheets.
Now with regards to the money back guarantee and hiding behind the small print, that's total BS on the part of Cameron and I do agree with you.
I have seen the course and I am sorry you got scammed by this band of criminals spanning few websites and companies, sooner or later someone will sing and they all will get nailed for lying and front running...
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:26pm   #29
Joined May 2003
You've seen all of the following?

the day trading videos (8GB),
the scalping course videos (300MB),
position sizing course videos (150MB),
swing trading course videos (1.6GB),
the VWAP course (130MB),
the mentoring videos (300GB)

Oh yeah ... the course videos are quite brief but the value is in the mentoring videos
iq200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:29pm   #30
 
Quantt's Avatar
Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq200 View Post
oh yeah ... The course videos are quite brief but the value is in the mentoring videos
lol
__________________
"If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where Can I Find a Trading Chatroom? mikeeg General Trading Chat 7 Dec 11, 2008 12:16pm
Free Live Trading Chatroom!! :) spanish89 General Trading Chat 0 Jul 18, 2008 11:34am
Free Live Trading Chatroom spanish89 General Trading Chat 10 Jun 23, 2008 12:00am
Way of the Warrior Trader nd1377 The Foyer 1 Feb 18, 2006 7:49pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)