ASK ME ANYTHING: Hoping to Help!

This is a discussion on ASK ME ANYTHING: Hoping to Help! within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by piphoe . . .its bs, imo Aye Pip - you're not wrong there!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:05pm   #25
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
. . .its bs, imo
Aye Pip - you're not wrong there!
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:20pm   #26

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Aye Pip - you're not wrong there!
Actually, it's an illusion.
dbphoenix is online now Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:42pm   #27
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
the bottom line is ..they can see your stops and your limit orders

i've placed too may trades to know that isn't true...

i place trades see it go 2-3 ticks against me instantly...it wasn't like anyone had to think about it what about that?

it was instantly

it was definitely an algo responding to my trade...and it was fading me automatically..or autoaxiomattilay..as you will

it was trying to stop me, moving up one level at a time, testing me

its bs, imo

Bound to happen, surely?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:03pm   #28

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Bound to happen, surely?
no not bound to happen but happens almost always...place trade and immediately trys to take you out by 2 or 3 ticks...just runs next level then waits. i don't take that bait, takes it up next level trying screw me out of another tick.

i've see it too many times to be a coincidence. or whatever..real phenomenon aqnd its algo's

this is not a pip-free zone!
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:03pm   #29

Joined May 2015
The thread with more questions than answers.
Oscar Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:09pm   #30
Joined Jul 2008
I'll answer these for you.

Yes
No
Maybe
Depends
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:10pm   #31

Joined Oct 2015
if it was just random tom, i'd be up 3 ticks and down 3 ticks 50/50...but not like that,

as soon as i place the trade i'm out a tick or 2 immediately, never up a tick or 2 right away..

i have to grind those out

you don't see this too!!??

this is not a pip-free zone!
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:39pm   #32
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
if it was just random tom, i'd be up 3 ticks and down 3 ticks 50/50...but not like that,

as soon as i place the trade i'm out a tick or 2 immediately, never up a tick or 2 right away..

i have to grind those out

you don't see this too!!??

I'm not saying its random, but at close range to a current price there are only so many levels at which to place a rational stop. Its because traders don't randomly place stops that the market trades to trigger it. After all, even the stop-placer must have thought there was a reasonably foreseeable possibility of that price being hit, or why place it there? You cannot think that one broker, yours, could/would wish to move an entire currency market to hit your unique trade stop?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote